New Canadian Mach E GT Owner Seeking Advice

Lalji

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Hello All,

I just bought my 2022 MME GT Perf (In Canada it is just called GT) and took ownership yesterday. I live in Toronto and we had quite the snowfall today.

I am hoping to get advice on a few topics.
  1. Should I get the 8 year extended warranty from Ford?
    1. They are offering me the warranty for $1,610.00 CAD.
  2. Should I get the undercoat spray and rustproofing?
    1. They are offering me the combo for $1,130.00 CAD.
  3. Should I get the premium care maintenance package?
    1. They are offering me the 5yr package for $1,720.00 CAD and the 8yr package for 2,192.00
  4. Any recommendations for Winter Tires? I'm looking at Michelin X-Ice, but I'm not sure if it is the best option. I'm looking at 245/45R2.
  5. Lastly, I'm going to get a good Paint Protection Film, any advice on this in Toronto?
Thank you in advance!

2022 Mustang Mach E GT MME.jpg
Sponsored

ValleyLad

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e GT PE, 2022 F-150 Platinum
Country flag

MachEMaster

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 GMC Yukon GT
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
Country flag
Don't do any extended warranty. That's a cash grab from the Dealer Sales Office. Same could be said for any rustproofing or undercoating, but that's up to you if you plan on keeping the vehicle a long time. Best thing you can do is save your money, hand wash it if you can, and wax the heck out of it.

Do your own "Premium Care Package" I would get paint protection film, and a ceramic coating from a detail shop. Then just keep your car spotless clean, and you will be good.

Sounds like @ValleyLad knows what they are talking about with tires.

I

OP
OP
Lalji

Lalji

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Hello All, thank you for your advice.

To be honest, I don't wash the cars much - shame on me.

I plan to keep the car for a long time, so I'm really considering the rustproofing and undercoat protection.

The premium care I think is out. However, you don't think the warranty is good for electronics? Especially if I'm keeping it long-term?

Mach-DB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Find a local automatic car wash that is called either brushless or contactless. Most of those auto washes now come with an undercarriage wash. Even if you wash it once a week for $10 you can get many, many months of protection that will keep your car clean and rust-free. Like someone else said, all of those extended warranties are cash grabs by the dealer's sales/finance dept. Don't spend extra at the dealership.

OP
OP
Lalji

Lalji

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Yeah, okay... Seems everyone is saying the same thing!

I will only get the PPF for now.

bruceski88

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Hello All, thank you for your advice.

To be honest, I don't wash the cars much - shame on me.

I plan to keep the car for a long time, so I'm really considering the rustproofing and undercoat protection.

The premium care I think is out. However, you don't think the warranty is good for electronics? Especially if I'm keeping it long-term?
Likelihood of electronics/computer failure in a car after manufacturer’s warranty is very low, but very expensive if it happens. Compared to 24x365 days a year for telecom or server applications being in a auto is like a vacation for electronics. Read consumers reports about undercoating (like burning money to keep warm) and extended warranty is close behind. If you get a warranty make sure it is a Ford Warranty.

OP
OP
Lalji

Lalji

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Yeah, it would be direct from Ford, no 3rd party crap.

HammerStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium
Country flag
Hi, Toronto area as well - nice colour choice for your GT! Winter tire choice should be limited to tires with an “XL” rating (stiffer sidewall for the weight of the car), the Michelin are not. Several local dealers are using the General Altimax Arctic 12 with their winter package as the tire is at the lower end of the price scale. Kumho has several XL rated models as does Continental, Goodyear, and Pirelli. Supply chain issues further restrict choice as lots of tires are “no stock” I have Continental Viking 7 on 18” rims but realize the brake calliper size on the GT will not allow 18” rims that will fit the Premium and Select. Ah, just looked in your size the Michelin X-Ice is XL rated but it’s pricey, Kumho, Hankook, Continental, and Pirelli all have 20” winters.

Last edited:

Old_Norm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select EAWD, 2023 Maverick Lariat LUX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
One thing that will preserve your paint is to use a clay bar before washing and waxing. Otherwise you are pushing contaminants into the paint. Google "clay bar use" for a better explanation than I can give.

OP
OP
Lalji

Lalji

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
Hi, Toronto area as well - nice colour choice for your GT! Winter tire choice should be limited to tires with an “XL” rating (stiffer sidewall for the weight of the car), the Michelin are not. Several local dealers are using the General Altimax Arctic 12 with their winter package as the tire is at the lower end of the price scale. Kumho has several XL rated models as does Continental, Goodyear, and Pirelli. Supply chain issues further restrict choice as lots of tires are “no stock” I have Continental Viking 7 on 18” rims but realize the brake calliper size on the GT will not allow 18” rims that will fit the Premium and Select. Ah, just looked in your size the Michelin X-Ice is XL rated but it’s pricey, Kumho, Hankook, Continental, and Pirelli all have 20” winters.
Thank you for the reply. Yeah, the price makes me want to cry. LOL

OP
OP
Lalji

Lalji

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Country flag
One thing that will preserve your paint is to use a clay bar before washing and waxing. Otherwise you are pushing contaminants into the paint. Google "clay bar use" for a better explanation than I can give.
AFAIK you can only do that by hand. I'll try to Fina a hand car wash place that is good.

Subliminal64

First Name
Burnsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME AWD ER (x2) "Darth Maul" & "R2-D2"
Occupation
Working
Country flag
For those seeking info on winter/snow tires and rims for Mach-E's, see the video below!

nashbrydges

First Name
Sylvain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT performance
Country flag
Congrats on your new Mach-E. Also a GTPE owner here but in the K/W area.

I went to Inception Automotive for my PPF and ceramic coating. They were reasonably priced and provided me with a Tesla Model 3 loaner while my car was getting done which was appreciated. I've been happy with the job they did.

https://www.inceptionautodetailing.com/
Sponsored