John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag
I just wanted to point out that the "Mach-E vs Lighting" video pits a DCFC against a.... TESLA coil.
I didn’t even think of THAT. Plus points for the pun.
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
but, it can't be a Tesla coil because the top doesn't come off in the commercial. ?‍♀

kikibop

First Name
kiki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mustang Mach-E E4x Space White / '15 Prius
Occupation
Product Design
Country flag
ridiculous ads. there is no need to be so clever. the Tesla coil ad in particular is impossible to follow and, stupidly, puts far more emphasis on the idea of Tesla (coil) than anything. I don't even know wtf I was supposed to learn from that mess. They're all boring and indecipherable. How about an ad that talks about the actual joy of driving the vehicle.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
ridiculous ads. there is no need to be so clever. the Tesla coil ad in particular is impossible to follow and, stupidly, puts far more emphasis on the idea of Tesla (coil) than anything. I don't even know wtf I was supposed to learn from that mess. They're all boring and indecipherable. How about an ad that talks about the actual joy of driving the vehicle.
Or velociraptors. Just sayin.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
It pits AC charging you mean. No DCFC was depicted.
Ok fiiiiine. But, in the text at the end of the ad it states what they were implying, which was "lightning" vs "DCFC", not AC, despite what was shown.... But it's not the point I was trying to make anyway :p

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Ok fiiiiine. But, in the text at the end of the ad it states what they were implying, which was "lightning" vs "DCFC", not AC, despite what was shown.... But it's not the point I was trying to make anyway :p
I'm pretty genuinely offended at the Lightning ad. How hard could it possibly have been to get an actual DCFC cable in the shot? I just can't imagine how their ad firm could have been this ignorant and also why Ford didn't fire them and instead paid them for this misleading ad.

The rest of the ads are great. The Lightning one makes me viscerally angry.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Funny, I thought this was a lightening connector . . . Who would charge their car with that? Apple car?
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Commercials: MACH-E vs Gravity, Lightning, Rocket Science, Pit Crew, DNA Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 7.19.01 AM

I'm pretty genuinely offended at the Lightning ad. How hard could it possibly have been to get an actual DCFC cable in the shot? I just can't imagine how their ad firm could have been this ignorant and also why Ford didn't fire them and instead paid them for this misleading ad.

The rest of the ads are great. The Lightning one makes me viscerally angry.
Chill out. Life's too short to get viscerally angry over a stupid ad. I thought they all were pretty dumb, but fun to watch. They aren't meant (in my opinion) to appeal to the EV early adopters who know better (other than to be comical). Laughing is better for your health than getting angry.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Chill out. Life's too short to get viscerally angry over a stupid ad. I thought they all were pretty dumb, but fun to watch. They aren't meant (in my opinion) to appeal to the EV early adopters who know better (other than to be comical). Laughing is better for your health than getting angry.
I wish I could take your advice, I really do, but there's nothing else for me to do until my vehicle arrives. It's literally the only thing in life I've got to look forward to until I can get the vaccine. So yeah, I'm sensitive to things like this.

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I wish I could take your advice, I really do, but there's nothing else for me to do until my vehicle arrives. It's literally the only thing in life I've got to look forward to until I can get the vaccine. So yeah, I'm sensitive to things like this.
It's been a rough year for all of us (and I don't just mean those of us waiting for a car). This pandemic has been hard in numerous ways and we are all feeling it. The first part of the serenity prayer is a constant reminder to me in these times. It's not just for those who suffer from addiction, or those who are religious.

God, grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I enjoy Michael Bay nonsense but I do know it’s nonsense. Probably why I loved it. Also agree with the sentiment of marketing to appeal to Tesla watchers.
Maybe in the next Transformers movie, the Autobots become Fords, including the Mach-E, the Bronco, and the GT.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I'm at a Honda dealership today selling my car and the showroom is full of ICE vehicles. Regardless of how much we want EV to be mainstream, it very much isn't yet.
Honda licensed the Chevy Volt design for the Clarity PHEV, and GM will build EVs for Honda soon, so next time you visit that dealer you may have a choice of EVs.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I just wanted to point out that the "Mach-E vs Lighting" video pits a DCFC against a.... TESLA coil.
Nkola Tesla would be proud! He was one of the few to promote electric vehicles and did build a few experimental toy versions, including a boat and a tank, both with radio control. He would also loved seeing how wireless charging works with cellphones.
Sponsored