theRealDevo

First Name
Deven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo XC60 T6; 57 Thunderbird
Country flag
I noticed each of the MMEs in the "Vs Lightning" spot that the headlights are different, I hadn't noticed that before. Are those different models, like ones a Select and the other Premium? Does anyone know?

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
New commercials for the Mach-E demonstrating its abilities.

Ford press release:

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED: MUSTANG MACH-E TAKES ON GRAVITY, LIGHTNING, DNA AND MORE IN NEW SCIENCE-INSPIRED CAMPAIGN

DEARBORN, Mich., Feb. 11, 2021 – Today, Ford debuts the Mustang Mach-E v. Everything campaign, a series of five short films that highlight the strengths of the all-electric Mustang Mach-E in impressive and visually captivating ways.

Why? To help shatter every misconception customers might have about electric vehicles by pitting the all-new Mustang Mach-E against the forces of gravity, lightning, a racing pit crew, DNA and even a rocket.

“Mustang has always been disruptive, and the all-new all-electric Mustang is no different,” said Suzy Deering, chief marketing officer, Ford Motor Company. “We needed a campaign that brought the spirit of Mustang to life in the most compelling, entertaining way possible. And Mustang Mach-E v. Everything does just that.”

The Mustang Mach-E v. Everything name came about in part because of a rise in how customers are searching online. Automotive comparison searches using “versus” have gone up – specifically around electric vehicles – by 64 percent in the past year*.

The campaign was developed by creative collaborator BBDO NY and 1stAveMachine directors, Aaron Duffy and Bob Partington, who are known for their technical approach to filmmaking. The films comprise the following:
  • Mustang Mach-E v. Gravity: The torque in the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is powerful. But is it powerful enough to challenge the laws of gravity? See how the electric pony’s off-the-line performance fares against a falling chandelier.
  • Mustang Mach-E v. Rocket Science: The range of the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is impressive. But what does an impressive range look like? A 12-foot rocket helps visualize the EPA-estimated 300-mile range of the Mustang Mach-E Premium model with available extended-range battery and rear-wheel drive**.
  • Mustang Mach-E v. Pit Crew: Over-the-air update capabilities allow the 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E to update from almost anywhere. But can they compete with a mobile pit crew harnessed to the bed of a truck? Only one way to find out.
  • Mustang Mach-E v. Lightning: The 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E can be charged superfast. But can it beat the charge of lightning generated from a 12-foot Tesla coil? Find out when the Mustang Mach-E’s impressive DC fast charging capability goes head-to-head with lightning.
  • Mustang Mach-E v. DNA: The 2021 all-electric Mustang Mach-E is capable of learning the behaviors and adapting to the preferences of individual drivers. But is it smart enough to tell the difference between identical ones? See what happens when the personalized technology in Mustang Mach-E takes on twins.
Mustang Mach-E v. Everything goes live on Ford.com and YouTube today. The campaign debuts Sunday, a few days ahead of National Battery Day, with TV and digital placements.
Nice find, thanks Patrick.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
You guys, Ford is like REALLY proud of its Mach E. So proud that they're pumping out this gratuitous Michael Bay nonsense just to dunk all over the Tesla Bros.

But it's not all hot stunt drivers, literal lightning bolts and rocket launches - there's also some helpful detail if you know where to look. I noticed that Phone As A Key works amazing! And could we soon see Ford-branded DCFC on every corner?!

For the next ad, I would like to see the Mach E outrunning a pack of velociraptors. The message: Mach-E v Velociraptors

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME AWD SR
Country flag
You guys, Ford is like REALLY proud of its Mach E. So proud that they're pumping out this gratuitous Michael Bay nonsense just to dunk all over the Tesla Bros.
I enjoy Michael Bay nonsense but I do know it’s nonsense. Probably why I loved it. Also agree with the sentiment of marketing to appeal to Tesla watchers.

woody

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Great & Funny!

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Maybe they are a little dramatic, but I think some comments on here are devaluing the purpose and impact. We NEED EV's to become more mainstream. If they don't, then ICE vehicles or something else will take their place. Aren't EV's something like 5% of total car sales in the US. There will be no charging infrastructure or resale value of these cars if EV doesn't become THE car to drive in the future. In order to do that, you need to let people know you are committed to it. These commercials, just like the super bowl ads, are showing people they need to get on board.

I thought those commercials were awesome! Maybe a stretch on certain ones, but who doesn't want to see the mache next to a race car, flying in reverse and then doing the kick a$$ spin?

I'm at a Honda dealership today selling my car and the showroom is full of ICE vehicles. Regardless of how much we want EV to be mainstream, it very much isn't yet.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
so here's what I learned:

video 1: the range is at least 100 ft. anxiety, gone!

video 2: it's pronounced "franken-mach-e"

video 3: VTOL coming in OTA - confirmed!

video 4: the GT-350 is the pits but the Mach-E is not

video 5: I'd have my car by now if I had an identical twin sister

video 6: I didn't need the first five videos to learn these things

Stang68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E GT Performance
Country flag

But it's not all hot stunt drivers, literal lightning bolts and rocket launches - there's also some helpful detail if you know where to look. I noticed that Phone As A Key works amazing! And could we soon see Ford-branded DCFC on every corner?!

For the next ad, I would like to see the Mach E outrunning a pack of velociraptors. The message: Mach-E v Velociraptors
How about just a pack of Raptors? Surely Ford has some of those lying around ?

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
And could we soon see Ford-branded DCFC on every corner?!
Let's be very clear here - Ford did not show DCFC of any kind. The "DCFC" video showed Mach-Es plugged into J1772 AC connectors.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
Maybe they are a little dramatic, but I think some comments on here are devaluing the purpose and impact. We NEED EV's to become more mainstream. If they don't, then ICE vehicles or something else will take their place. Aren't EV's something like 5% of total car sales in the US. There will be no charging infrastructure or resale value of these cars if EV doesn't become THE car to drive in the future. In order to do that, you need to let people know you are committed to it. These commercials, just like the super bowl ads, are showing people they need to get on board.

I thought those commercials were awesome! Maybe a stretch on certain ones, but who doesn't want to see the mache next to a race car, flying in reverse and then doing the kick a$$ spin?

I'm at a Honda dealership today selling my car and the showroom is full of ICE vehicles. Regardless of how much we want EV to be mainstream, it very much isn't yet.
I'm happy that they're making ads, I'm unhappy that the ads are misleading and inaccurate. If you want to make an ad about DCFC, don't show the vehicles plugged into AC charging in that ad. That's something I'm shocked a lawyer-happy company like Ford allowed their ad firm to mislead customers like this.

I liked all the ads except the DCFC one, because it was misleading.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Ok I didn't get a lot of takers on the Velociraptor thing, so I mocked up an ad. Here is my vision: Mach E, Chris Pratt, Velociraptors.

Ford Mustang Mach-E New Commercials: MACH-E vs Gravity, Lightning, Rocket Science, Pit Crew, DNA MME WITH RAPTORS

Now granted, this is obviously for the 2022 GT Convertible. Ok Ford, make this happen.

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I just wanted to point out that the "Mach-E vs Lighting" video pits a DCFC against a.... TESLA coil.
Sponsored