New Competition Audi Q4 E-Tron Sportback - Late 2021

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
small display and lower range and lower 0-60 for starters. Otherwise I like the looks pretty well.
Sponsored

jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 RR ME FE, '22 Corsair GT, '22 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Benefit Fund Administrator
Country flag

Accord07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Star White Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Now have official pictures & video of the interior, not sure about the steering design but everything else looks very nice. Take note of the rear ambient lighting ford bean counters and stop removing stuff your competition has :(

https://www.motor1.com/news/492966/audi-q4-e-tron-teased-interior/
I am not a fan of the steering wheel either, but the rest is fine - I never doubted Audi would put together an attractive interior. No pricing information is available, Car and Driver is now guessing a starting price of $55K - their original guesstimate of a $45K starting price from last year always seemed too low to believe. Back when I was looking at all my options, if the actual purchase price would be similar to Mach-E's, I might be willing to overlook the slower acceleration and lower range, but it is unlikely to show up on dealer lots until the end of 2021. I have since crossed it off my list for two very mundane factors: the charging port is on the "wrong" side for my garage, and the limited cargo space behind the 2nd row seats - initially I thought the 18.5 cubic feet (520 litres) spec was for the Sportback, but the numbers put out by Audi today remain the same, while none of the released images show the Sportback - the ICE vehicle I am replacing has dimensions nearly identical to Q4 e-tron's (2 inches shorter and 2 inches taller) but offers 90% more cargo space behind the 2nd row seats.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
No pricing information is available, Car and Driver is now guessing a starting price of $55K - their original guesstimate of a $45K starting price from last year always seemed too low to believe. Back when I was looking at all my options, if the actual purchase price would be similar to Mach-E's, I might be willing to overlook the slower acceleration and lower range, but it is unlikely to show up on dealer lots until the end of 2021.
I suspect it will be typical Audi once you on add the options it will push up the price up higher than expected, however with the e-tron sitting above it in the range they can only go so far. For now I will still be keeping it on my possible alternatives list along with ioniq 5 if the final GT specs fail to live up to my expectations

RCProAM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I’m praying that April announcement happens before my Mach E scheduled delivery.

Things I really like about the Q4 etron.
  • HUD you don’t know how much you’ll love this until you experience. BMWs version is a nice touch on their sporty suvs and it looks *rudimentary* compared to this
  • The interior feels better IMO. I’m not 100% crazy about gigantic screens in cars just because they’re electric or Tesla did it. Hopefully Ford and other manufacturers can escape Tesla’s over the top bias towards jamming every control into a tablet. There is a middle ground between integrating features that can be improved via OTA, and integrating elements into the car.
  • I’m admittedly a sucker for the “scoop/swoop” back styling of the sportsback

• Things I don’t like about the Q4 etron:
  • The slower acceleration- this car is either super heavy or under powered. Don’t even call it a “sportsback” if it’s 0-60 is 6+ seconds with the competing cars in this segment
  • Waiting til late 2021/or even 2022?
  • As mentioned Audi prices can get out of control
Sponsored