Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order: 2023 Mach E Premium AWD 9217 459/1419
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I plan to get a custom background plate with my new Mach e (not a custom saying, just a cool background). Can this be done when the dealer orders the plates or do I have to wait for this to come in, then get the custom plates?
Sponsored

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
I’ve always just ordered after I got my plates to make it easier but each state is different. Sure you can ask the finance person since they finalize the transaction

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I plan to get a custom background plate with my new Mach e (not a custom saying, just a cool background). Can this be done when the dealer orders the plates or do I have to wait for this to come in, then get the custom plates?
When I did it, it was after the dealership registration process. Besides the custom plate fee, there was also a small fee to update the registration. I'm not sure what town you are in, but I had to go to the main branch in my BIG city to do it. That was the worst part.

JRB100

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mustang Mach-e Select (C/T pkg) 10/10/22 build
Occupation
Retired educator
Country flag
My dealer charged an additional $250 (on top of the registration) to transfer my State of the Arts plates. They said the prices vary from design to design, so a refund of the difference will be provided once the transfer goes through. I think I would have been just as well off to order to transfer the plates after the deal...but doing it through the dealer means I have nothing else to do until I get word I can put my plate on the MME.
Sponsored