Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black 2021 Mach-E AWD Extended Range
Occupation
Graphic Designer
Country flag
Received 3.5.4 this afternoon. 2021 Job 1 non-EA. Impressed with how fast these are rolling out of EA despite the known hiccups. I think it took me 3 months after EA people got the 2.X series updates.
Sponsored

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
I also just got the recall update pushed OTA. Itā€™s updating right now and randomly got a notification that the hood was openedā€¦ i noticed that my Alexa has been sucking since the 3.5.4 update. Oh also my vehicle should have been fine from the factory too since it was built after the May 26 or whatever date

GrumblesTheDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GB FE
Country flag
Received 3.5.4 this afternoon. 2021 Job 1 non-EA. Impressed with how fast these are rolling out of EA despite the known hiccups. I think it took me 3 months after EA people got the 2.X series updates.
Same! I got 3.5.4 this morning too. Job 1, not EA. That makes three OTAs in a week for me.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I also just got the recall update pushed OTA. Itā€™s updating right now and randomly got a notification that the hood was openedā€¦ i noticed that my Alexa has been sucking since the 3.5.4 update. Oh also my vehicle should have been fine from the factory too since it was built after the May 26 or whatever date
I am pretty sure that the production week comes into play. If construction started before the changeover on May 27, you are still subject to the HVBJB issue and recall. šŸ˜±šŸ©

Rick65

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e premium
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Same happened to me, was like that the whole weekend. Although for the last 24 hrs *knock on wood* it has stayed on my profile. I'll try a Sync reboot if it reverts back again, I did make a third profile and deleted it which did seem to reset it. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
this also happened to me a few time so far... however it has my set up as my car play connects and and my profile choices are active, like 1 pedal driving, Unbridle mode, etc... but when I try to change the profile via the screen - all I see is the default guest profile.

awp0

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Count me as another frustrated 3.5.4 user who's profiles aren't working. PAAK worked and even reset the seat position for my profile. But Guest profile was active in the touchscreen and I was unable to switch to my own profile in the touchscreen or by pressing the seat memory buttons. This has been the case on multiple drives today. I haven't tried resetting Sync yet, but that's next on the list.

Also, I've been hit with two "headlight knob problem" instances in the last 16 hours (where it switching from auto to on by itself).

Honestly, when people ask me if they should consider the MME, my response is "it's great, but...." with a growing number of caveats and frustrations. Come on Ford......

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I just got 3.5.4.

I am not afraid to it, why you may ask after reading all of these posts.

because I have already experienced all the problems thru 3.5.3 and 3.5.3.3 or whatever the numbers are

can 3.5.4 really be worse, actually, maybe with the two phone situation As the same time.

one issue that may not be related to these updates. If my wife uses the car (without me in it) and her phone and car play show on the screen and then I use the car later with her as the passenger, my car play will not load until I do a reboot. Her car play shows on the screen until the reboot.

one of the many joys of MME ownership.

Edit: just drove the car for a while and didnā€™t notice any changes from 3.5.3.3 and everything seemed to work properly. I am amazed and happy for now.

Last edited:

MME_Adventurist

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select RWD Comfort & Tech Package
Country flag
I am pretty sure that the production week comes into play. If construction started before the changeover on May 27, you are still subject to the HVBJB issue and recall. šŸ˜±šŸ©
I think you are correct, that production week was at least partially affected. In the threads of the those build weeks some vehicle were shipped and others were stopped in production. Mine was built in Mid June and should have a more robust part and is not part of the recall. I'm guessing that they just wanted every MME to have this update?

RedRider

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I am certain it will clear up just like mine did. You may need to drive it and have it go to sleep a couple times. Report back in a day or two and let us know.
Hey! Yes. It did. Just odd that several of us seem to be having the same problem at the same time. Had a great drive yesterday and all worked fine!

Silver Surfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
3.5.4 broke a couple things. My driver door has the problem where it won't open unless I unlock with the fob first or open another door and my Bluetooth has input delay and cuts in and out.

MailGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt Premier, Mini Cooper SE, Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
Turns out the second bluetooth phone is not automatically added after a key cycle. I have to enable it after each start. On the plus side it does seem to add my favorite device each time when another paired device is present which was not happening reliably as of late.
And now I have two days of both phones connecting reliably after key cycle.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Ford Power-Up 3.5.4 C22BAB65-A8AC-44C7-BC42-F8F4BDE05DB2

Installed!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Count me as another frustrated 3.5.4 user who's profiles aren't working. PAAK worked and even reset the seat position for my profile. But Guest profile was active in the touchscreen and I was unable to switch to my own profile in the touchscreen or by pressing the seat memory buttons. This has been the case on multiple drives today. I haven't tried resetting Sync yet, but that's next on the list.

Also, I've been hit with two "headlight knob problem" instances in the last 16 hours (where it switching from auto to on by itself).

Honestly, when people ask me if they should consider the MME, my response is "it's great, but...." with a growing number of caveats and frustrations. Come on Ford......
Hi there. Could you please send us a private message with your VIN and dealership information? I'd be happy to look into your vehicle concerns.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It needs a long press action, turn off
Long press actions are probably not the best choice in a car as bouncy as the Mach-E (or any car, really). It might be difficult keeping the button-press event engaged long enough if you hit a bump.

I think just an extra cycle action from Auto-1 to Auto-2 to Auto-3 to OFF and back to Auto-1 again would make a lot of sense though.
Sponsored