JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My salesperson said my car is in MO waiting on chips. That’s why they’re not moving. In their earnings call, Ford claimed it’s not chips, but other parts, that have their cars stacked up and waiting for delivery.

What’s infuriating are the boilerplate emails from Ford with no actual information in them. If they, you know, communicated, I’d feel better about the wait. But I’m pretty close to just walking away at this point. This whole process has me regret having chosen Ford at all.
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Ford vehicle location tracking for New Car Delivery (available to dealers via VinView) 1667357080112
Sponsored

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Premium Std Range MME, Prius
Country flag
My salesperson said my car is in MO waiting on chips. That’s why they’re not moving. In their earnings call, Ford claimed it’s not chips, but other parts, that have their cars stacked up and waiting for delivery.

What’s infuriating are the boilerplate emails from Ford with no actual information in them. If they, you know, communicated, I’d feel better about the wait. But I’m pretty close to just walking away at this point. This whole process has me regret having chosen Ford at all.
Never heard that one, I doubt they are waiting on chips, probably your dealer has no idea why and just said that since everyone knows theres a chip shortage

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
OP
OP

BluePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
It's a delay that is now common with all Ford models.

The F150 EV forum has people waiting over 60 days since shipped.

Some are getting fearful of losing the tax credit if it shows up in 2023....

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...p-delays-60-days-from-build-to-arrival.12826/
I think its a system wide delay on rail and trucking. It effects other manufactures like GM and Toyota that also use rail. More cars, less rail workers (possible strike too), lack of truckers means lots of bottlenecks and delays sadly.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I think its a system wide delay on rail and trucking. It effects other manufactures like GM and Toyota that also use rail. More cars, less rail workers (possible strike too), lack of truckers means lots of bottlenecks and delays sadly.
We shouldn't have to GUESS as to the reasons. Why can't Ford just SAY so that it ends all the speculation and rumors!?

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Ford vehicle location tracking for New Car Delivery (available to dealers via VinView) 1667410184190

OP
OP

BluePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
We shouldn't have to GUESS as to the reasons. Why can't Ford just SAY so that it ends all the speculation and rumors!?
I disagree somewhat. Say you buy something online and the seller ships via say DHL and they have shitty tracking. When the seller ships the package, DHL gave them an estimate of 5 days and that is what the seller relayed to you. Now it has been 10 days and still not delivered to you. The seller has no clue why its late, they would have to call DHL to find out.

Your Mach-E is delayed, someone else's Maverick, and another's F-150 is delayed. Now do you expect Ford to call their contracted shippers, each rail company and trucking company specifically to inquire about that specific VIN, to find out why its late? I think that is very unreasonable.

Cars going west could be delayed due to worker shortage, truckers going east could be due to trucker shortages. Each and every auto distribution point could be delayed due to a different reason, all outside of Ford's control.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I disagree somewhat. Say you buy something online and the seller ships via say DHL and they have shitty tracking. When the seller ships the package, DHL gave them an estimate of 5 days and that is what the seller relayed to you. Now it has been 10 days and still not delivered to you. The seller has no clue why its late, they would have to call DHL to find out.

Your Mach-E is delayed, someone else's Maverick, and another's F-150 is delayed. Now do you expect Ford to call their contracted shippers, each rail company and trucking company specifically to inquire about that specific VIN, to find out why its late? I think that is very unreasonable.

Cars going west could be delayed due to worker shortage, truckers going east could be due to trucker shortages. Each and every auto distribution point could be delayed due to a different reason, all outside of Ford's control.
I think to have some delays is expected, but it seems like this is an ongoing problem for many months with a specific carrier/vendor. I would think that if it had been going on for as long as it seems they would have looked into alternatives to ship some of the cars to reduce the wait and delays if their existing carrier cannot handle it.

OP
OP

BluePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I think to have some delays is expected, but it seems like this is an ongoing problem for many months with a specific carrier/vendor. I would think that if it had been going on for as long as it seems they would have looked into alternatives to ship some of the cars to reduce the wait and delays if their existing carrier cannot handle it.
Railways are a monopoly. Norfolk Southern, Union Pacific, BNSF, CSX are the four that come to mind. They also own the auto distribution centers and rail ways. Who else is Ford going to use? Have the car trucked 1500 miles doesnt make financial sense.

At least now you can see where the car is with VinView, but you still dont know why its sitting there for days on end. Maybe they can just let people pick up the car in Kansas City.

Atxsw

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Railways are a monopoly. Norfolk Southern, Union Pacific, BNSF, CSX are the four that come to mind. They also own the auto distribution centers and rail ways. Who else is Ford going to use? Have the car trucked 1500 miles doesnt make financial sense.

At least now you can see where the car is with VinView, but you still dont know why its sitting there for days on end. Maybe they can just let people pick up the car in Kansas City.
Well, sure for 1500 miles it doesn't make sense, but they could make some changes like truck them to everyone in texas from Laredo instead of rail to Kansas and back, or truck them to CO and other nearby states if their vendor is having issues supplying them for months on end.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
Say you buy something online and the seller ships via say DHL and they have shitty tracking. When the seller ships the package, DHL gave them an estimate of 5 days and that is what the seller relayed to you. Now it has been 10 days and still not delivered to you. The seller has no clue why its late, they would have to call DHL to find out.
Yes, that’s exactly how it should work. When I have a package that gets lost, and if I get no help from the shipping company, I go back to the retailer and have THEM deal with it.

in this case, I don’t even know it’s a shipping problem. Ford won’t tell us ANYTHING. I don’t have anyone to blame but Ford. And, by the way, the dealer says it’s not shipping … it’s a chip/part hold. So it’s still a Ford problem … but my point is that it’s Ford’s problem until I have the car. I ordered it through their website.

If Ford can’t / won’t tell me where the problem is, who it was shipped by, who can I go to but them for an answer? Ford estimated 28 weeks, missed it by nearly double. And Ford doesn’t have to ask the rail company VIN by VIN where the car is. They know the rail car. They know the GPS location (just enabled this week). They could tell me a lot. They could try to keep me informed.

THEY’RE TELLING ME NOTHING.

All I get is automated emails with made up estimates. They’re obfuscating the process … probably intentionally … and every day that goes by I get more and more irritated that I ordered this over literally anything else.
Sponsored