West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
When I try to access the configuration tool on their website it says that since orders for 2022 are closed they check back later. Unless there is another one somewhere on the site.

There is a configuration tool at the Ford website. Just start an order to see what you can get for what kind of money. You might even consider a base Select. You still get a great car at less cost. You can go from 50 to 80 in just a couple car lengths. You will still get questions when you park. Mostly curious and friendly, and some obnoxious.
Sponsored

w0ger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext, '10 Pontiac G6
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Yup, that’s the case. If I remember correctly it’s FWD or AWD, and Standard or Extended battery. AWD + Extended Battery gets you the fastest Premium 0-60 time and is a hell of a lot of fun to drive, but honestly you can’t go wrong in any of these cases because most of the grunt is right off the line, so it’s a smile-maker in any configuration really. I’ve got one of the last Infinite Blues to roll off the line when the color was discontinued halfway through the first model year, and I absolutely love it. Plus my commuting costs were slashed to basically noise on my electric bill vs. taking out a second mortgage for gasoline right now.
Correct, but...

RWD (not FWD) or AWD
Standard or Extended Range
Only other real options are paint, some are extra like Rapid Red Metallic.

I expect a 2023 Premium AWD ER to list for $65,000, or more.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Unfortunately with the prices of things its probably not far off. I hope not though, as that will price me out of the Premium.
My 2021 was $56,200 (with Rapid Red Metallic Paint). My 2022, EXACTLY THE SAME vehicle (except it included BlueCruise), was $59,395. If you add $600 to the 2021 for BlueCruise, it was an increase of $2,595 or 4.6%. That was before inflation kicked in, and before Ford's CFO said that inflation had erased Mach-E profits.

A 5% increase would be $62,365. $65,000 would be a 9.4% increase. Order banks open next month, and inflation is now 9.1%. No way it won't be very close to $65,000.

ADDZ71

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium ER AWD (sold) 22 MME GT (Del 5/22)
Occupation
Lithium expert
Country flag
I think the difference between a GT and Premium with similar features is ~$5K. I upgraded from a 21 Premium 4XE to a GT. I agree with the wheels when viewed on line but the GT wheels have definitely grown on me in person.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Unfortunately with the prices of things its probably not far off. I hope not though, as that will price me out of the Premium.
Some thoughts for you, I just checked, you are in OR, with a $2500 rebate for MSRP UNDER 50k. Same as Mass, I got my Select, AWD, with Comfort and Tech for $49.8k, So that is additional savings if you can keep it under 50k. My Select is AWESOME, 5.2 sec 0-60, 360 camera, bluecruise, honestly there are not many features I feel I am missing. The leatherette is very nice and everyone who checks my car assumes its "fully loaded".

If I were you I would try to buy one of these off the lot before years end, that way you secure the full $10k in tax rebates available.

One other note, I also have 2 young boys, and I am guessing they will get your car dirty, or vomit in it, so the sting is a bit less if you spend less on the car :)

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I see from your profile your family also has an Acadia Denali. If you don’t take roadtrips, or will keep the Acadia and can use that for road trips, a big cost savings would be if you go for the standard range all wheel drive Premium.

That’s the route I went, I didn’t need the longer range at all, but wanted faster acceleration. The SR AWD Premium has 0 to 60 in the low five seconds and it hit the right balance for me at a great cost.

Otherwise, the ER AWD currently adds I think it was $7,000 just for the larger battery (used to be a $5,000 charge) but it is faster 0 to 60 (high fours instead of low fives).

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So my residence is actually in SW Washington. I'm not sure what rebates WA offers, but will definitely take a look. While finding something this calendar year could happen, from the looking I've done in the past couple of weeks to try and find a physical vehicle to just sit in, let alone test drive, they are few and far between, not to mention the one I did test drive (Select model with no blue cruise) had a dealer mark up of $10k putting it at $58,900. It wasn't the color, nor had the features I'd want.

I also have about three months left of payments on our current vehicle before I can "free up" that budget line item for a new one. I think waiting till August for the 2023 models to go on sale and seeing where the cards fall is likely what I'll do. If I get priced out this go around, I can always go back to being patient and enjoy the three paid for vehicles I have, while I save up more for a bigger down payment to make the numbers work within my budget. I don't see cars in general getting cheaper over time, but the market and crazy markups might slow down.

Some thoughts for you, I just checked, you are in OR, with a $2500 rebate for MSRP UNDER 50k. Same as Mass, I got my Select, AWD, with Comfort and Tech for $49.8k, So that is additional savings if you can keep it under 50k. My Select is AWESOME, 5.2 sec 0-60, 360 camera, bluecruise, honestly there are not many features I feel I am missing. The leatherette is very nice and everyone who checks my car assumes its "fully loaded".

If I were you I would try to buy one of these off the lot before years end, that way you secure the full $10k in tax rebates available.

One other note, I also have 2 young boys, and I am guessing they will get your car dirty, or vomit in it, so the sting is a bit less if you spend less on the car :)

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good idea! Yeah we're keeping the Acadia for sure. It is the first car we've ever had that my wife actually says she loves having. The rest (the Corolla was hers before we got the Acadia and I started commuting in it) have just been vehicles to get you from A to B. I personally am more of a "car guy" where I like form over function probably a bit too much, want to customize and make it mine etc. etc. The Corolla has been an outstanding vehicle - reliable, fuel efficient, easy to work on etc. - but I can't stand driving it. It's gutless, not cool looking at all... you get the point. The whole buying a C7 Vette concept was my reward for not having a cool car to drive all these years (sold my sport bike years ago, then my car for the family rig etc etc). But her logic is there re: carseats etc. so the MME was a great compromise for a cool looking car and some spunk with the electric motors.

I'll definitely price it out with SR battery pack and see where things land. Range is definitely not my biggest concern since it will definitely get driven a lot, just not long distances.

I see from your profile your family also has an Acadia Denali. If you don’t take roadtrips, or will keep the Acadia and can use that for road trips, a big cost savings would be if you go for the standard range all wheel drive Premium.

That’s the route I went, I didn’t need the longer range at all, but wanted faster acceleration. The SR AWD Premium has 0 to 60 in the low five seconds and it hit the right balance for me at a great cost.

Otherwise, the ER AWD currently adds I think it was $7,000 just for the larger battery (used to be a $5,000 charge) but it is faster 0 to 60 (high fours instead of low fives).

Reactions: ARK

Earplug

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GT-PE
Country flag
You can have the wheel well trim painted. I had mine done for about $800.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can have the wheel well trim painted. I had mine done for about $800.
Curious. What made you go for painting it vs say a vinyl?

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I got the GTPE mainly for the magna Ride suspension. Otherwise I would of got the premium.

roamtheworld

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
So my residence is actually in SW Washington. I'm not sure what rebates WA offers, but will definitely take a look. While finding something this calendar year could happen, from the looking I've done in the past couple of weeks to try and find a physical vehicle to just sit in, let alone test drive, they are few and far between, not to mention the one I did test drive (Select model with no blue cruise) had a dealer mark up of $10k putting it at $58,900. It wasn't the color, nor had the features I'd want.

I also have about three months left of payments on our current vehicle before I can "free up" that budget line item for a new one. I think waiting till August for the 2023 models to go on sale and seeing where the cards fall is likely what I'll do. If I get priced out this go around, I can always go back to being patient and enjoy the three paid for vehicles I have, while I save up more for a bigger down payment to make the numbers work within my budget. I don't see cars in general getting cheaper over time, but the market and crazy markups might slow down.
https://dor.wa.gov/taxes-rates/tax-incentives/tax-incentive-programs

We love our 22 Premium AWD Extended Range but if I was buying a second fun car I would get Select RWD with comfort/tech package I think that fits better into your possible budget of $50K ish
You can always upgrade the wheels and add spoilers and such later.

We paid $10K ADM for a canceled order but our trade mostly offset that. We already saved more than we originally calculated in our conversion from ICE transportation so we are happy over all.
Sponsored