New here - looking for advice on what to order

Jax_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (Build in progress)
Country flag
I had a 2014 Corvette before our little guy came along. It was a blast as a daily and got mid-20's MPG easily during commutes and I could even get mid 30's to 40's on road trips if I was going for efficiency. Or I could get 12 mpg for the tank if I was having fun...

Super fun car and you'd be hard to go wrong with it, but no back seats are definitely a dealbreaker in your situation. Honestly, it was super cheap to run too. Insurance was less expensive than our family SUV and will be cheaper than our MME when it arrives.

As for MME. We planned on ordering a Premium but the order bank closed so we went GT. I wanted something fun to replace the Corvette and this seems like the best compromise between family car and fun car.
We have the glass roof and technology packages so it came out to $66,665 before TTL. So low $70s before tax credit (note the 23's will probably only have half the credit).

Honestly, the Premium or GT would be a good choice. Just expect to wait longer for the Premium.
Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
This is exact problem I went through last week - I couldn't do all the option pricing individually due to B&P being offline and had to reverse engineer stickers and base prices.

These are a few minor options not mentioned above and that's the floor and cargo mats ($240), and the party trick parking assist delete ($325 credit due to chip shortages).

Ford Mustang Mach-E New here - looking for advice on what to order 1658263886260

I believe Star White and Cyber Orange are $795 and Rapid Red is $495.
Premium ER vs SR is +$6000 option
Premium eAWD vs RWD is $2700 delta in base MSRP

For GT apples-apples adder over Premium, first you have to force the Premium to ER eAWD, which is $51,800 + $6000. GT BASE is $62,000, so the upgraded front motor + cosmetic trim differences (i.e. lit pony, red brakes, GT badge, interior appearance, power meter in cluster) is +$4200. But to make GT feature equivalent to Premium, you have to optionally add the glass roof ($1500) and assist tech ($1900) for another $3400. That means overall apples-apples, the full entry GT is +$7600 over Premium.

Then the GTPE (performance addition) is a +$6000 option to get the suspension, enhanced motor and wheels.

My 2021 was $56,200 (with Rapid Red Metallic Paint). My 2022, EXACTLY THE SAME vehicle (except it included BlueCruise), was $59,395. If you add $600 to the 2021 for BlueCruise, it was an increase of $2,595 or 4.6%. That was before inflation kicked in, and before Ford's CFO said that inflation had erased Mach-E profits.

A 5% increase would be $62,365. $65,000 would be a 9.4% increase. Order banks open next month, and inflation is now 9.1%. No way it won't be very close to $65,000.
^^^ THIS. All the build & price stuff I listed and you found are the '22 stickers and Ford has said the car is no longer profitable due to supply cost increases. I was guessing that the low end increase in sticker could be +5% when the banks open, and maybe as high as 10%. Sounds like Rick thinks the same and he's usually right.

That's why I caved and got a Premium ER RWD off the lot (exactly what I would have ordered) even paying '22 MSRP + ADM. It is almost a wash with impending sticker increase, and tax rebate loss of $3750 through next year's Q2 deliveries.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Coming from a Corolla I would suggest a Select. Save the extra for the little ones education.

Polar

First Name
SBJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Select RWD SR
Country flag
Coming from a Corolla I would suggest a Select. Save the extra for the little ones education.
I mean my Base SR RWD select is still extremely fun to drive and I can get myself in trouble just a bit less fast šŸ˜…
Ford Mustang Mach-E New here - looking for advice on what to order 2FE500B8-5A7D-4015-AD5D-1091BB2EA1EF

That the fact I spent less than forty grand on it is sweet.

Edit- what Iā€™m saying is these are just fairly excellent cars and even the base models with zero options is a great deal

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Something to add to your budget. Charging. At a minimum you will need a 240V outlet added where you plan to park the car. You may also consider a EVSE beyond the mobile charger that comes with the car.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
I had a 2014 Corvette before our little guy came along. It was a blast as a daily and got mid-20's MPG easily during commutes and I could even get mid 30's to 40's on road trips if I was going for efficiency. Or I could get 12 mpg for the tank if I was having fun...

Super fun car and you'd be hard to go wrong with it, but no back seats are definitely a dealbreaker in your situation. Honestly, it was super cheap to run too. Insurance was less expensive than our family SUV and will be cheaper than our MME when it arrives.

As for MME. We planned on ordering a Premium but the order bank closed so we went GT. I wanted something fun to replace the Corvette and this seems like the best compromise between family car and fun car.
We have the glass roof and technology packages so it came out to $66,665 before TTL. So low $70s before tax credit (note the 23's will probably only have half the credit).

Honestly, the Premium or GT would be a good choice. Just expect to wait longer for the Premium.
Yeah I really still want that C7, but just isn't in the cards for my family dynamic right now. Some day I'll get a "me" car haha. Glad to hear your experience with the C7 was what I was expecting (reliability, low cost of ownership, relatively efficient etc.) The more this thread goes on - and I SO APPRECIATE everyone's info/input - its becoming clearer that the Premium is the goal not the GT and perhaps even dropping down to select with pending price increases etc.

This is exact problem I went through last week - I couldn't do all the option pricing individually due to B&P being offline and had to reverse engineer stickers and base prices.

These are a few minor options not mentioned above and that's the floor and cargo mats ($240), and the party trick parking assist delete ($325 credit due to chip shortages).

Ford Mustang Mach-E New here - looking for advice on what to order 2FE500B8-5A7D-4015-AD5D-1091BB2EA1EF

I believe Star White and Cyber Orange are $795 and Rapid Red is $495.
Premium ER vs SR is +$6000 option
Premium eAWD vs RWD is $2700 delta in base MSRP

For GT apples-apples adder over Premium, first you have to force the Premium to ER eAWD, which is $51,800 + $6000. GT BASE is $62,000, so the upgraded front motor + cosmetic trim differences (i.e. lit pony, red brakes, GT badge, interior appearance, power meter in cluster) is +$4200. But to make GT feature equivalent to Premium, you have to optionally add the glass roof ($1500) and assist tech ($1900) for another $3400. That means overall apples-apples, the full entry GT is +$7600 over Premium.

Then the GTPE (performance addition) is a +$6000 option to get the suspension, enhanced motor and wheels.

^^^ THIS. All the build & price stuff I listed and you found are the '22 stickers and Ford has said the car is no longer profitable due to supply cost increases. I was guessing that the low end increase in sticker could be +5% when the banks open, and maybe as high as 10%. Sounds like Rick thinks the same and he's usually right.

That's why I caved and got a Premium ER RWD off the lot (exactly what I would have ordered) even paying '22 MSRP + ADM. It is almost a wash with impending sticker increase, and tax rebate loss of $3750 through next year's Q2 deliveries.
Excellent info thanks for posting. Yeah the GT really is out of the question, really appreciate the details. Now I'm all bummed (not about the GT being out of reach) thinking of the price bump with inflation etc. Maybe I'll start watching the local lots to see if anything comes available before end of year.

Prudent advice. We do already put away a decent amount for the kiddos and retirement each month.

jay1122

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I would just go with a cheaper version. If you are a real car guy. MME will never match a real sports car, not to mention a corvette. MME is a great practical daily, but the sheer weight of EV is just there. When you corner hard, you feel it. My opinion, if you can do it, is to have the Corvette as a weekend car. Get a cheap and reliable daily SUV for commute and kids. The corvette have really good resales values. Having it sit should not be a major problem. I currently commute 60 miles round trip too. I put around 20K miles per year. Can't imagine doing that mile on a Corvette. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Something to add to your budget. Charging. At a minimum you will need a 240V outlet added where you plan to park the car. You may also consider a EVSE beyond the mobile charger that comes with the car.
Yeah I was able to jump on a rebate via our local power company the reimburses me $500 towards the $550 I paid for the JuiceBox 40amp EVSE, then another $150 ish on parts to install the 240 outlet myself. I will pay for an inspection to ensure it's all legit though. I've got the JuiceBox already installed, just waiting for a time (hopefully this weekend) to install the outlet, then use my brothers Tesla as a guiny pig to test it haha.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That color and stripes is FIRE!

I mean my Base SR RWD select is still extremely fun to drive and I can get myself in trouble just a bit less fast šŸ˜…

That the fact I spent less than forty grand on it is sweet.

Edit- what Iā€™m saying is these are just fairly excellent card and even the base models with zero options is a great deal

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
Love my GT (even the wheels), what really tipped the scales for me was the interior and the color. Test drove a Premium before ordering and it was plenty fun to drive vs my old V8, now that the color options are opened up to other trims, it might have been a closer call.

Toreus

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I think the AWD premium is the play for you. Admittedly Iā€™m biased since thatā€™s what I ended up getting, but it feels plenty fast to me; I donā€™t think the extra speed is worth the added cost for the base GT. I wish we could have the adaptive suspension of the GT PE, but thatā€™s a lot of extra dough just for that feature.

Jim_In_Mass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Not sure if this got covered, but two other things:
1) Can you get a state rebate? And are there any catches to getting that rebate?
2) What's your use case? Specifically, do you need the extended range battery?

The CA Route 1 has the extended battery, but isn't quite as tricked out as the Premium with the comfort features. And even a Select Mach-E is a great car.

I'm absolutely loving my Premium SR RWD - plenty quick off the line, all the fancy gadgets, and enough range to handle day trips in my neck of the woods. The bigger battery would have been nice, but how often would I need it? AWD would be good, especially in winter, but should I even be out on the road when it would make a difference?

This is your call - just make sure you have no regrets about the choice you make, because a $50+K decision is too big to have regrets over.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not sure if this got covered, but two other things:
1) Can you get a state rebate? And are there any catches to getting that rebate?
2) What's your use case? Specifically, do you need the extended range battery?

The CA Route 1 has the extended battery, but isn't quite as tricked out as the Premium with the comfort features. And even a Select Mach-E is a great car.

I'm absolutely loving my Premium SR RWD - plenty quick off the line, all the fancy gadgets, and enough range to handle day trips in my neck of the woods. The bigger battery would have been nice, but how often would I need it? AWD would be good, especially in winter, but should I even be out on the road when it would make a difference?

This is your call - just make sure you have no regrets about the choice you make, because a $50+K decision is too big to have regrets over.
1) Still need to do my research on what State rebates are available and their restrictions.
2) Use case will be me commuting about 60 miles roundtrip 2-3 days a week for work, then the days I work from home I'll have my wife drive it to save miles & fuel on our Acadia, and of course being the newest vehicle it'll probably get driven around town as much as possible (at least at first) or when I need to run into town for groceries/errands. We live about 25 miles each way from pretty much anything major, but it isn't going to be used for long distance trips at all.

I 100% agree on the $50k+ decision, and making the right one. At this point everyone's help in this thread has got me away from the GT and focusing on the Premium. However, I really should assess what the Select has to offer and see if I'd be just as happy with that model. Considering exterior styling will be the same (from what I can tell) and I'd still be tinting windows, adding aftermarket wheels, and painting/wrapping fender flares and potentially faux grill, it might be smarter to go entry level for my needs.

I need to look through that order list again and see what differentiates the select from the Premium other than AWD and extended battery range options.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Sweet! I wish I could mess around in a configuration tool to learn this on my own and not bug you all. Thanks for that info. So I assume the red calibers are part of that color package? or is that standard on the premium? From a "base" premium, what add ons are people typically doing?
Try the Ford Canada site:

ford.ca

Obviously Canadian prices, but you can play around :)

Not sure if *all* the options are the same, but I'm not aware of any substantial differences between what we can order and what our cousins down south can order.
Sponsored