dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I had an Premium AWD ER, now I’m driving GT and I suggest you get GT. Add glass roof and 360 and you’ll have the same features as premium. But with better build quality, better interior and exterior looking car, better wheels and tires. Better ride, not so bouncy. Faster acceleration, yes 1 sec but in real world it’s a huge difference. I and my kids was surprised how fast is GT compared with premium. If you need just daily commute car and want to save some money go with select no need to overpay for premium. If you want more luxury car and more fun car skip premium buy GT.
Sponsored

MJ's Mach E

First Name
Duffey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you order a new 2023 Mach E the best value is the Premium. But this is only true if your Ford dealer will not add ADM.
If you buy a used Mach E the best values are on the GT's.
I live on the east coast so this may not hold true on the west coast.
This year I purchased a 2021 Premium & a 2022 GT. Both used & had to pay over MSRP on both. However, the GT was $2500 over and the Premium was $4000 over.
I found both on the Carfax used car website. The Premium (purchased online) had 8500 miles on it and was in rough shape considering it was only 18 months old. The GT (purchased from a Ford dealer) is 6 months old & looks like it's brand new.
Good Luck with your purchase.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
1) Still need to do my research on what State rebates are available and their restrictions.
2) Use case will be me commuting about 60 miles roundtrip 2-3 days a week for work, then the days I work from home I'll have my wife drive it to save miles & fuel on our Acadia, and of course being the newest vehicle it'll probably get driven around town as much as possible (at least at first) or when I need to run into town for groceries/errands. We live about 25 miles each way from pretty much anything major, but it isn't going to be used for long distance trips at all.

I 100% agree on the $50k+ decision, and making the right one. At this point everyone's help in this thread has got me away from the GT and focusing on the Premium. However, I really should assess what the Select has to offer and see if I'd be just as happy with that model. Considering exterior styling will be the same (from what I can tell) and I'd still be tinting windows, adding aftermarket wheels, and painting/wrapping fender flares and potentially faux grill, it might be smarter to go entry level for my needs.

I need to look through that order list again and see what differentiates the select from the Premium other than AWD and extended battery range options.
The brochure can help with Select vs CR1 vs Premium. From the wife's perspective, she loves her heated seats, and for me I wanted the premium sound. So we got Premium ER over the CR1.

Attachments

Baron

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Armada, Nissan Pathfinder
Country flag
I had an Premium AWD ER, now I’m driving GT and I suggest you get GT. Add glass roof and 360 and you’ll have the same features as premium. But with better build quality, better interior and exterior looking car, better wheels and tires. Better ride, not so bouncy. Faster acceleration, yes 1 sec but in real world it’s a huge difference. I and my kids was surprised how fast is GT compared with premium. If you need just daily commute car and want to save some money go with select no need to overpay for premium. If you want more luxury car and more fun car skip premium buy GT.
I agree with your comment that the GT feels a lot faster. I owned a Chevy Bolt for 5 years and the Premium I test drive didn’t feel as fast as the Bolt. The GT is on another level. I have thr GTPE and the magna ride is way better then the premium I test drive. The premium felt bouncy. I barely feel the bumps in the road with the PE.

BigMach-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE Shadow Black 2021
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Here's my take for the OP: I would go with bone stock base with AWD. Maybe if you can afford it without stretching too hard, get the extended battery, which I think only can be gotten with the Premium?

The only real regret I have on my Select AWD is if I had gone with RWD and had the patience to order instead of impulse buy, saving myself 2k mark-up, I could have gotten extended battery for around the same price I paid. Range matters.

The roof isn't super important, Blue Cruise seems like a bit of a gimmick, and heated seats have only mattered to me once.

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Try the Ford Canada site:

ford.ca

Obviously Canadian prices, but you can play around :)

Not sure if *all* the options are the same, but I'm not aware of any substantial differences between what we can order and what our cousins down south can order.
Canada doesn't have the option to order the standard GT, only the GTPE, is what I've read about the Canadian Mach-E on here.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
So my residence is actually in SW Washington. I'm not sure what rebates WA offers, but will definitely take a look. While finding something this calendar year could happen, from the looking I've done in the past couple of weeks to try and find a physical vehicle to just sit in, let alone test drive, they are few and far between, not to mention the one I did test drive (Select model with no blue cruise) had a dealer mark up of $10k putting it at $58,900. It wasn't the color, nor had the features I'd want.

I also have about three months left of payments on our current vehicle before I can "free up" that budget line item for a new one. I think waiting till August for the 2023 models to go on sale and seeing where the cards fall is likely what I'll do. If I get priced out this go around, I can always go back to being patient and enjoy the three paid for vehicles I have, while I save up more for a bigger down payment to make the numbers work within my budget. I don't see cars in general getting cheaper over time, but the market and crazy markups might slow down.
I live in WA. We get a "no sales tax" break on installation of a new circuit for the purposes of charging an EV or for installation of an EVSE. Beyond that there are no state breaks, though I'd check your local utility company for if there are breaks on energy usage (no such luck where I am). Beyond that there is just the federal credit. I say "just" but it's very nice.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Note that the Premium comes with all the stuff you listed as standard for being a Premium. Basically with the Premium you’re deciding mostly on the battery. The GT is missing a lot of those features...
Hang on. The GT makes almost all of those add-ons from the Premium standard (such as the pano roof, 360 cameras, AWD, EXB, etc). What is the GT missing that the Premium has?

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Here's my take for the OP: I would go with bone stock base with AWD. Maybe if you can afford it without stretching too hard, get the extended battery, which I think only can be gotten with the Premium?

The only real regret I have on my Select AWD is if I had gone with RWD and had the patience to order instead of impulse buy, saving myself 2k mark-up, I could have gotten extended battery for around the same price I paid. Range matters.

The roof isn't super important, Blue Cruise seems like a bit of a gimmick, and heated seats have only mattered to me once.
Add comfort and tech to the select AWD and you get heated seats, blue cruise and the other goodies. The only thing I feel I am missing is cooled seats.

theothersawyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang GT
Country flag
I'm also in the same boat. Been looking for MME's and test drove one that was a cancelled order, but then they threw down a $16,000 mark up when I went to talk numbers. Currently waiting for August to place an order, but fear the price increases may push me out of the Premium ER that I was looking to get.

Closest thing I have found to a Build and Price tool is:

https://express.fairwayford.com/exp...e&f=drivetrain:Rear-Wheel Drive&f=trim:Select

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Hang on. The GT makes almost all of those add-ons from the Premium standard (such as the pano roof, 360 cameras, AWD, EXB, etc). What is the GT missing that the Premium has?
Unless Ford completely changed the load out of the GT, that’s unfortunately incorrect. The pano roof is an add-on, the 360 cameras are an add on, and the BlueCruise tech is an add on. Not sure about the B&O sound, but I’m pretty sure that’s part of the optional packages too. The AWD and extended battery are standard with the GT as is a bigger front motor, but the comfort/tech features are options for the GT that are standard on the Premium.

To me (and this is absolutely a personal opinion thing, everyone is different), the GT is a strange option/packaging. If you want the comfort features, the Premium is a better choice. If you want speed and handling, the GTPE makes more sense with the best motor and the adjustable suspension. The GT’s 0-60 is less than a second’s difference than my Premium, I don’t have the five second limiter, I’ll get to 110 faster than a GT will, and I have all the tech and comfort standard.

It’s kind of like the new M2 MacBook Air is what most people should get (Premium), and real power users who need the speed should buy the 14” or 16” MacBook Pro (GTPE), but the 13” MacBook Pro has very few benefits for either the daily user or the true professional. To me, the GT is the 13” MacBook Pro. It’s just the odd duck in the lineup.

Also, I’m talking about US delivered units; I think Europe has different packaging.

MellowJohnny

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Solution Architect
Country flag
Canada doesn't have the option to order the standard GT, only the GTPE, is what I've read about the Canadian Mach-E on here.
Good call! I had not noticed the GT was gone.

Baron

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Nissan Armada, Nissan Pathfinder
Country flag
I test drove the premium and picked up the GTPE yesterday. They say 1 second difference…. Let’s just say the GT feels way faster. Driving the premium felt slower then My Chevy bolt for some reason. I wasn’t impressed. Hence my blind purchase of the GTPE. The magna ride is a night and day difference then the premium. Not trying to say bad things about the premium, but what your saying doesn’t relay what I experienced driving both models. Does the premium win at 110 mph? They say it does but who goes that fast anyway. The GT will beat the premium for sure up to 80 mph freeway speeds. Lets face it. That’s what we can legally drive anyway.

H.Bergeron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e, Lightning
Country flag
The Premium AWD EXT is the best value and has all of the features you could want. It also happens to be the longest wait time. You’ll also probably wait 2-3 times as long for it as a GT or Select.

And of course this is all based off of 2022 pricing. Who knows what Ford will do with the 2023s. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Premium AWD EXT goes up in price more than the others. (I suspect there’s a lower profit margin on the Premium AWD EXT than other trims).

So you’re going to have to wait until the order banks open and look at the prices. Based on current pricing, if speed* is more important than value, go with the GT. If you don’t mind waiting until this time next year, go with the Premium AWD EXT.

*both speed of delivery and 0-60 of the car.
Sponsored