MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag
Unless Ford completely changed the load out of the GT, that’s unfortunately incorrect. The pano roof is an add-on, the 360 cameras are an add on, and the BlueCruise tech is an add on. Not sure about the B&O sound, but I’m pretty sure that’s part of the optional packages too. The AWD and extended battery are standard with the GT as is a bigger front motor, but the comfort/tech features are options for the GT that are standard on the Premium.

To me (and this is absolutely a personal opinion thing, everyone is different), the GT is a strange option/packaging. If you want the comfort features, the Premium is a better choice. If you want speed and handling, the GTPE makes more sense with the best motor and the adjustable suspension. The GT’s 0-60 is less than a second’s difference than my Premium, I don’t have the five second limiter, I’ll get to 110 faster than a GT will, and I have all the tech and comfort standard.

It’s kind of like the new M2 MacBook Air is what most people should get (Premium), and real power users who need the speed should buy the 14” or 16” MacBook Pro (GTPE), but the 13” MacBook Pro has very few benefits for either the daily user or the true professional. To me, the GT is the 13” MacBook Pro. It’s just the odd duck in the lineup.

Also, I’m talking about US delivered units; I think Europe has different packaging.
It's changing all the time, even in the same model year. It's possible I was remembering wrong because when I ordered my car in the beginning of April last year, you had to get the pano roof if you selected CoPilot. I also don't recall CoPilot being an option when I ordered. Anyway, there are a bunch of iterations of this which you can see here. This isn't even all of them. There's a confusing one from 4/26 that shows the pano roof as both "A" and "O."

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-order-guide-updated-monthly-u-s-canada.9833/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/04-26-21-mach-e-order-guide-pdf.25543/
Sponsored

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
It's changing all the time, even in the same model year. It's possible I was remembering wrong because when I ordered my car in the beginning of April last year, you had to get the pano roof if you selected CoPilot. I also don't recall CoPilot being an option when I ordered. Anyway, there are a bunch of iterations of this which you can see here. This isn't even all of them. There's a confusing one from 4/26 that shows the pano roof as both "A" and "O."

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-order-guide-updated-monthly-u-s-canada.9833/

https://www.macheforum.com/site/attachments/04-26-21-mach-e-order-guide-pdf.25543/
You’re absolutely right about the pano roof being linked to the CoPilot tech; it’s all still an option though and doesn’t come ”standard” on the GT where it does on the Premium. I’m just saying the non-PE GT has a very specific buyer in mind, I think. It’s mostly in the look of the car, both internally and externally, and those are very subjective choices for someone who likes the color threading, front splitter, etc.

121gigawatts

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Not Soon Enough
Country flag
Premium AWD ER here. $58k with taxes, no down payment, & 0.98% finance. 26k miles, 90 miles m-f for 14 months.

Premium already has all the bells and whistles. The extra power from the GT is imo unnecessary and if you've never driven an electric you won't even notice the difference. Use that extra $ to slap on some 9" rims, 245x45 19" fronts and 275x40 19". That's what I did, changed the dynamics of the car and it feels extremely grounded. There's an entire section dedicated to us wheel nerds saying our #'s are the right ones. I like this set up bc it's minimal difference to the original 225x55 19" diameter.

Just so someone says it. If you want the best bang for your buck in an electric, the ford lightning pro trim is $40k. Absolute beast and deal for the price tag. Add in the hopeful tax credit of $7500 and that's a steal imo

dmitry

First Name
dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
It’s only my opinion as an owner of both trims, but “Premium” shouldn’t be named like this. This car have nothing with premium. Sure I had bad experience with my previous car. But it was paint issue and dealership approach to fix this. Overall car have no issues. I and my son was a little disappointed about the car. He even asked me to buy EV6 instead of ford and I almost was ready to take a refund and go this way. When dealer proposed GT for a replacement I decided to give ford one more chance and I have no regrets. GT have all features that have “premium”. The car is really fast and I feel the difference. When I had previous cars I checked theirs limits but GT showed me my limits 🏎 :D . They choose how to name the trims, for me GT is a real Premium.

back_at_it_19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Job 1 GB FE and '22 Red Prem4x
Country flag
I live in WA. We get a "no sales tax" break on installation of a new circuit for the purposes of charging an EV or for installation of an EVSE. Beyond that there are no state breaks, though I'd check your local utility company for if there are breaks on energy usage (no such luck where I am). Beyond that there is just the federal credit. I say "just" but it's very nice.
Pretty sure WA offers no sales tax on ev’s but only up to $45k price.

https://dor.wa.gov/about/news-relea...use-tax-exemptions-green-vehicles-begin-aug-1

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I have heard the ride is better on the GT but never tried it myself. My Premium ride is a bit stiff and bouncy for me but no big deal.

MachEnthusiast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E GT
Occupation
Software PM
Country flag

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
I don't want to disappoint you but wait until order banks open and see if the prices are going up or not, the GT was supposed to go up $4k in April but since they closed order banks, they didn't really change the price.

If it goes by $4k or even more, that option can be automatically excluded.

If you can't afford a GT, then don't go for one, you can always order Premium Extended Range AWD, the one that I have on order is at $59k msrp, 0-60 is 4.8, slower than a GT but faster than a V8 Challenger RT.

Cm12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium
Country flag
So my residence is actually in SW Washington. I'm not sure what rebates WA offers, but will definitely take a look. While finding something this calendar year could happen, from the looking I've done in the past couple of weeks to try and find a physical vehicle to just sit in, let alone test drive, they are few and far between, not to mention the one I did test drive (Select model with no blue cruise) had a dealer mark up of $10k putting it at $58,900. It wasn't the color, nor had the features I'd want.

I also have about three months left of payments on our current vehicle before I can "free up" that budget line item for a new one. I think waiting till August for the 2023 models to go on sale and seeing where the cards fall is likely what I'll do. If I get priced out this go around, I can always go back to being patient and enjoy the three paid for vehicles I have, while I save up more for a bigger down payment to make the numbers work within my budget. I don't see cars in general getting cheaper over time, but the market and crazy markups might slow down.
FWIW, if you’re willing to look around in Oregon you can probably get a MUCH better deal. I’m in Portland and was calling dealers in both states. I didn’t find a single dealer in Washington with less than a $10k markup, and that was in July/August 2021. I ended up getting a Select for $1500 under MSRP in Oregon because it was a rural dealership and their customer base just wasn’t interested. It had been there a while with only 80 miles. Then I swapped to my current Premium when that order came in and got it for MSRP, although it was an order so that was expected. Bottom line is that you may want to check around Oregon because if you’re able to get one in the near future and obtain the full tax rebate of $7500, it may very well be financially better than waiting another 6-12 months and losing out on the full credit, and perhaps even any credit altogether. If you’re looking at a Premium AWD ER, some people in this forum are waiting 10+ months for those. I hate ADM too, but if you can find a reasonable price in Oregon, it might actually make sense.

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
FWIW, if you’re willing to look around in Oregon you can probably get a MUCH better deal. I’m in Portland and was calling dealers in both states. I didn’t find a single dealer in Washington with less than a $10k markup, and that was in July/August 2021. I ended up getting a Select for $1500 under MSRP in Oregon because it was a rural dealership and their customer base just wasn’t interested. It had been there a while with only 80 miles. Then I swapped to my current Premium when that order came in and got it for MSRP, although it was an order so that was expected. Bottom line is that you may want to check around Oregon because if you’re able to get one in the near future and obtain the full tax rebate of $7500, it may very well be financially better than waiting another 6-12 months and losing out on the full credit, and perhaps even any credit altogether. If you’re looking at a Premium AWD ER, some people in this forum are waiting 10+ months for those. I hate ADM too, but if you can find a reasonable price in Oregon, it might actually make sense.
So yeah I've been searching (not heavily as I was planning to order) within 200 miles of Portland zip code and not much is coming up, and everything that is, is either "on order" or $68k and up with all the markups. I'll keep looking though.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
So yeah I've been searching (not heavily as I was planning to order) within 200 miles of Portland zip code and not much is coming up, and everything that is, is either "on order" or $68k and up with all the markups. I'll keep looking though.
Just curious when you are searching are you using a Cars.com to check them all? I have found those sites are not as accurate in these crazy times. I just check each dealers website, see what is in stock now, or in transit, and if you like something call. I would search cars.com and see nothing, but then call around and have a few choices. I also bought in Maine and was told similar to what someone said above "Mainers arent really interested in EVs, so they arent moving up here"

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
We ended up going with the GT over the Premium for the following reasons

1) Cyber Orange color (only for GTs in 2021)
2) Only way to get ER battery and AWD without the Pano roof (Wife DID NOT want the glass roof.

Didn't go for the GTPE as the extra price wasn't worth the small increase in performance, we didn't like the look of the GTPE seats, and we would have to put new tires on it as soon as we got it (summer tires are no good in an upstate NY winter).

OP
OP
West1134

West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
Just curious when you are searching are you using a Cars.com to check them all? I have found those sites are not as accurate in these crazy times. I just check each dealers website, see what is in stock now, or in transit, and if you like something call. I would search cars.com and see nothing, but then call around and have a few choices. I also bought in Maine and was told similar to what someone said above "Mainers arent really interested in EVs, so they arent moving up here"
Good to know. No I've been using Autotrader.com and Vroom. But perhaps the better plan is searching dealerships directly. Again, I wasn't planning to get one now as I need to pay off our other car first, but I can swing that and just put a little less down on a new rig if my plan is to take advantage of the tax credit.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Premium ER Mach E, '21 F150 Powerboost
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I have heard the ride is better on the GT but never tried it myself. My Premium ride is a bit stiff and bouncy for me but no big deal.
I saw some people complain about stiff or bouncy rides and we wondered if the performance edition suspension was really worth it. Since we wanted a Premium ER RWD (max range) then the jump to GTPE is $17k just to get the suspension upgrade (plus a bunch of other stuff we don't need and less range).

We decided to NOT test drive a GTPE so that ignorance is bliss and won't have to worry about a $17k decision 🤣
Sponsored