West1134

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME Premium AWD, ER,06 Duramax,16 Acadia Denali
Country flag
I'm selling both my kid & stuff hauler (2010 Honda Element) and The Fun Car (2002 Acura RSX Type S) to go towards a Mach E Premium. I originally set out to just get a new Fun Car, but then started feeling electric was the way to go, and ended up ordering a Mach E Premium AWD ER. It depends on what you consider "fun" - straight line performance, looks, or twisty road handling? For Dad Level Fun, I figure the Mach E as configured will be fine for me - with AWD and ER (extended range), that is 0-60 in 4.7 Definitely not Corvette fast or Corvette handling, but quite a bit of OOMPH off the line. Base 2018 C7 0-60 I found was 4.2s, so Premium is a half second behind it, but still in the ballpark of, say, a base Boxster. And it won't handle like a C7, because, lets face it - SUV. It doesn't look as good, either. BUT...it'll be a very reasonable amount of fun, shove-you-into-your-seat-off-the-line smile inducer, WHILE you can tote your kids around and put a a bunch of groceries in the front and back. Or take all your goodies on a road trip. And have fun while the kids are with you. These are things I value as a Dude and a Dad, and you might feel the same (or not). One note - there's a bunch of ways to configure a Mach E, and the battery size and AWD make a BIG difference in performance and range. If Premium and you want it to be fun/fast, DEFINITELY get the AWD and extended range battery, even though it'll cost you an extra $6-$10K (I don't recall the pricing and who knows what it'll be in August). Those are my thoughts/advice from someone in a similar situation (I have one 9 year old).
Agreed! Yeah it appears the MME is the perfect vehicle for where I'm at in life. A significant improvement (looks, performance, space, tech) from the 09 Corolla I've been driving. But not as cool as the C7 I've been dreaming about. However, it will definitely check enough of the fun boxes to warrant getting and enjoying for a number of years before the kids are old enough for me to get a two seater of some sort.

Right now I'm planning to order a 2023 MME Premium AWD ER when the banks open next month. However, I'm also trying hard to actually find one to purchase this calendar year to snag up that tax credit, ride it for a year then trade it in when my 2023 order arrives. It is a struggle to find one though, and the only one I've found that was for sale was a MME Select RWD SR battery for $59k, which I just couldn't swallow considering it didn't have ANY of the features I wanted, nor the performance, nor a color I would want. Even with gaining the tax credit, I wouldn't have been happy with it while waiting for my '23 to arrive.
Sponsored

Mike Curtis

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2011 Honda Element AWD EX
Occupation
consultant and specialty camera operator
Country flag
Just be ready to JUMP the second the orders open up! I'm imagining there's quite a bit of pent up demand since orders closed in, what was it, April?