Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium AWD SR, Kia Optima
Country flag
There's a "VIN Lookup" section of the page that links to an-updated-weekly (generally) list of VINs that have been processed. Mine did not show up on the list until after I received the check, so YMMV.
I just looked up the vin link there and for MME's there is not a single 2023 listed which mine is so no idea if that means my application has or has not been processed. I did send it in on December 12th. But the page does state that as of January 11th the number of applications received has exceeded the money available so other then low income applications which can still come in up until this round closes on January 31st the rebate is done at this point. So will just have to hope my application is there and early enough that I get the $4,000.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I tried that link as well and it never worked for me.
Entering my SSN and name gets me in, but it shows no pending payments.

Info for those who just took delivery: You must submit by January 31st!

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I just looked up the vin link there and for MME's there is not a single 2023 listed which mine is so no idea if that means my application has or has not been processed. I did send it in on December 12th. But the page does state that as of January 11th the number of applications received has exceeded the money available so other then low income applications which can still come in up until this round closes on January 31st the rebate is done at this point. So will just have to hope my application is there and early enough that I get the $4,000.
I mailed mine on the 9th after taking delivery on the 7th. Likely too late!

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
I purchased my MME on 12/31 and it appears that I'm eligible for this tax rebate but because the program has ran out of funding does it even matter?

Should I even bother filling out the paperwork and sending it in?

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I purchased my MME on 12/31 and it appears that I'm eligible for this tax rebate but because the program has ran out of funding does it even matter?

Should I even bother filling out the paperwork and sending it in?
Well if you have not done it already and are not low income the Illinois EPA's own web site is saying do not bother.

1/11/23 NOTICE: The current number of applications that have been received by the Illinois EPA seeking a rebate under the Electric Vehicle Rebate Program has surpassed the amount of available funding. Applicants that qualify as “Low-Income” per the guidelines are prioritized for rebate issuance and may continue to submit applications through the application deadline of January 31, 2023, see information on applying below. As specified in the law, program rules, IEPA EV Rebate website, and FAQ, rebate applications are subject to the availability of funds. A third cycle for rebate applications will open when additional funding becomes available.

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I mailed mine on the 9th after taking delivery on the 7th. Likely too late!
Do you mean December? If you do I would think you still have a good shot at it. Better then me at any rate given I posted mine in on December 12th.

The current info on the site is as of December 22nd in terms of what applications have been received and processed so if yours was posted off on December 9th and mine on the 12th while they should have reached the Illinois EPA well before the 22nd they likely had not been processed as of that date.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you mean December? If you do I would think you still have a good shot at it. Better then me at any rate given I posted mine in on December 12th.

The current info on the site is as of December 22nd in terms of what applications have been received and processed so if yours was posted off on December 9th and mine on the 12th while they should have reached the Illinois EPA well before the 22nd they likely had not been processed as of that date.
No, January.

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
No, January.
Ahhh well yes if that notice went up on January 11th on the Illinois EPA site about the money having run out then hopefully yours just made it in before that but it will be tight whether you made it in or not.

bbhaag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick XLT, Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
Well if you have not done it already and are not low income the Illinois EPA's own web site is saying do not bother.

1/11/23 NOTICE: The current number of applications that have been received by the Illinois EPA seeking a rebate under the Electric Vehicle Rebate Program has surpassed the amount of available funding. Applicants that qualify as “Low-Income” per the guidelines are prioritized for rebate issuance and may continue to submit applications through the application deadline of January 31, 2023, see information on applying below. As specified in the law, program rules, IEPA EV Rebate website, and FAQ, rebate applications are subject to the availability of funds. A third cycle for rebate applications will open when additional funding becomes available.
Yeah that's what I figured but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm not low income and saw the notice on the website but ya never know......

Do you guys think that if I send in my paperwork now and more funding becomes available I could still get the rebate based on my purchase date or is it still to early to tell?

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Yeah that's what I figured but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I'm not low income and saw the notice on the website but ya never know......

Do you guys think that if I send in my paperwork now and more funding becomes available I could still get the rebate based on my purchase date or is it still to early to tell?
It would be worth reaching out to them to see what they advise. Having said that, I would send my application anyway if I were you.

Last edited:

GreaseMonkey

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
It’s terrible that the state is so bad at math. This program is supposed to last 10 or so years and they run out of funding in a whopping 5 months!

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Well, shit. Just stumbled across this thread. They officially received mine yesterday, Jan 16th. Looks like I can stop factoring in $4k that was going to pay off my credit card lol.

Still crossing my fingers that they find some extra money for this or expand it.

Would be pretty dumb if they get another $8mil starting Feb 1st for any cars bought on or after Feb 1, making this a cyclical thing that encourages buying for the first half of a cycle (aka wait 5 weeks and buy so you can get in early on the next round of funding).

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s terrible that the state is so bad at math. This program is supposed to last 10 or so years and they run out of funding in a whopping 5 months!
I think its a case of a certain amount was put aside for each financial year. Clearly not enough but my understanding is there will be more funding again once the new financial year begins.

Celtic4

First Name
Seamus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

I could be wrong but my understanding is there will be new funding once the new financial year begins later in 2023 but as to whether they will add in new money for the current financial year who knows I have seen nothing about that being done to date.

RedOctobrrr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I think its a case of a certain amount was put aside for each financial year. Clearly not enough but my understanding is there will be more funding again once the new financial year begins.
But what happens for people who submit after funding ran out but met all eligibility? Does that mean all Jan 11 - Jan 31 submissions are null and void, and these folks will end up out of eligibility when new funding arrives?

That's pretty shitty.
Sponsored