New issue today - backing up when on an incline.

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Today I backed out of a driveway and the car was beeping so I stopped to look and the front wheels were in a slight indent at the curb. When I again attempted to accelerate it didn't seem to want to go. When it finally took hold it accelerated really fast and I had to brake to be sure I didn't jump the opposite curb. Does anyone know what to do if the car won't gently accelerate backwards?
Sponsored

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Pretty much what you did. Gun it, but be ready to hit the brake when it breaks free.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
Go forward a little then back in reverse with a bit more speed

Happens with any car when backing up and hitting an indent. I often have this with my F150 when backing in my garage

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Today I backed out of a driveway and the car was beeping so I stopped to look and the front wheels were in a slight indent at the curb. When I again attempted to accelerate it didn't seem to want to go. When it finally took hold it accelerated really fast and I had to brake to be sure I didn't jump the opposite curb. Does anyone know what to do if the car won't gently accelerate backwards?
My driveway is on an incline, so I have to go through the same thing as you describe. Realized just put her in neutral and control the backing with the brake pedal. Works for me.

moogerfunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
My driveway has a slight slope as well. Sometimes when I'm backing up too fast in my Outback, the safety feature will kick on and brake hard. I've only had the Mach-E for a couple days and still getting used to 1-pedal, so I haven't been gunning it like I do in my Outback. However, when I get close to the street where the slope is the steepest, the car would start beeping and give a lot of resistance. It'll even start pushing me forward. What I've found to work well is at the moment where it brings your car to an almost-complete stop, pulse the go pedal a little and it seems to get the idea to get onto the street.

OP
OP
Major

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
My driveway has a slight slope as well. Sometimes when I'm backing up too fast in my Outback, the safety feature will kick on and brake hard. I've only had the Mach-E for a couple days and still getting used to 1-pedal, so I haven't been gunning it like I do in my Outback. However, when I get close to the street where the slope is the steepest, the car would start beeping and give a lot of resistance. It'll even start pushing me forward. What I've found to work well is at the moment where it brings your car to an almost-complete stop, pulse the go pedal a little and it seems to get the idea to get onto the street.
I'll try that.
Could not move forward as the car was resting against the curb.

OP
OP
Major

Major

First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yeah. Turning it off re-introduces creep auto transmission style. You can then modulate with the brake to move gently.
Don't use 1 Pedal.
Sponsored