New Jersey EV rebates. Anyone find anything?

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
In a way your right. I spoke to them twice last week. It starts in July and runs through part of October period. But the money ran out during Sept. this year, so it stopped at that time. Thank you for posting. ?
No, as Timbop and I said....the program goes until the $$ runs out...whether 3 months or 12 months....if the $30 mil lasts the program runs the full year...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
No, as Timbop and I said....the program goes until the $$ runs out...whether 3 months or 12 months....if the $30 mil lasts the program runs the full year...
This is from the state of new jersey directly to me. A specific timeframe, unless its a differant program but it was for the 5 grand. As follows.

wo of the Charge Up New Jersey Program on July 6, 2021. Please note that the vehicle must be ordered, purchased, or leased on or after the launch date of the point-of-sale program. Vehicles ordered, purchased, or leased before the launch of Phase Two (July 6, 2021) or after the official program pause on September 15, 2021 will not be eligible for an incentive

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Guys, sorry for the chopped up copy and paste. Here it is again. I am doing this from my phone. Maybe its something else from the state of nj. But it was a reply from NJ to my questions.

As follows......

Hello,
The New Jersey Board of Public Utilities launched Phase Two of the Charge Up New Jersey Program on July 6, 2021. Please note that the vehicle must be ordered, purchased, or leased on or after the launch date of the point-of-sale program. Vehicles ordered, purchased, or leased before the launch of Phase Two (July 6, 2021) or after the official program pause on September 15, 2021 will not be eligible for an incentive. Please note that orders, purchases, and leases executed outside of the active program window will not be eligible for an incentive. Pending funding availability, the FY22 Charge Up New Jersey Program may re-open prior to the next fiscal year as the Board evaluates the comments from the updated FY22 Compliance Filing

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This is from the state of new jersey directly to me. A specific timeframe, unless its a differant program but it was for the 5 grand. As follows.

wo of the Charge Up New Jersey Program on July 6, 2021. Please note that the vehicle must be ordered, purchased, or leased on or after the launch date of the point-of-sale program. Vehicles ordered, purchased, or leased before the launch of Phase Two (July 6, 2021) or after the official program pause on September 15, 2021 will not be eligible for an incentive
The pause date was because they ran out of $$$$$$

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Correct, but this program was only going to run to mid month October. According to my phone convo with them. Lets keep hunting. Thanks for responding.

EDIT: BTW did you notice monies were only being given to people that purchased or leased in that timeframe. Whats that about. They told me flat out the other day because I ordered in October, and will take delivery in March/April 22 I wont be eligable for anything. And even providing they do it next year. Lol. This state is sure nuts.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
They finally wised up; looks like the program is just kicking off:
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Jersey EV rebates. Anyone find anything? 1635120329587

I did, we are under JCP&L. They wont give you a thin dime. Thanks
Go Solar - NJ has some of the best solar benefits in the country. There's still a 26% federal tax credit through the end of 2022, plus in NJ you get ~$90 per megawatt generated for 15 years.

Yes - it was "paused" because they ran out of money. The same thing happened in December of 2020. It is NOT supposed to be a time limited program.

exactly

... but this program was only going to run to mid month October....
Nope. the cutoff was because they ran out of money. When passed in January 2020 it was a 10 year program with $5k going to purchases under $55k MSRP in the first year with the BPU deciding how best to disburse funds after the first year. The first year also required you to file after the buying your car and get reimbursed, whereas "phase 2" switched to a "cash on the hood" policy that effectively meant that the car dealer had to "front" you the money and get reimbursed by the state. However, the BPU switched the limits in phase 2 to <=$45k MSRP to get the $5k, and only $2 for MSRP between $45k to $54999.

Some of us got really lucky with phase 1 - we had ordered before they ended the program on December 15 2020 and received our cars by March 15 2021 so we got the $5k.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
JCP&L proposed a program to NJDPU dated March 1, 2021 with a proposed start date of January 1, 2022. See attached JCP&L proposal for details.

The Residential Customer Subprogram part of the proposal:
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Jersey EV rebates. Anyone find anything? Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 9.36.02 PM

Attachments

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
JCP&L proposed a program to NJDPU dated March 1, 2021 with a proposed start date of January 1, 2022. See attached JCP&L proposal for details.

The Residential Customer Subprogram part of the proposal:
Ford Mustang Mach-E New Jersey EV rebates. Anyone find anything? Screen Shot 2021-10-24 at 9.36.02 PM
BIG THANK YOU. cause thats who I have. I called them last Tuesday. You know they didnt even mention this. WTF.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
BIG THANK YOU. cause thats who I have. I called them last Tuesday. You know they didnt even mention this. WTF.
Yeah, last time I looked on their web site about a month ago there was nothing about this. You'd think there'd be some mention, if they're preparing to roll this out Jan 1. Makes me wonder if it's really going to happen.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
The PSE&G support for installation costs of up to $1500 for an EVSE (but not cost of the EVSE itself) seems like a nice benefit (we use them for our electric) but I couldn't tell if they require that you purchase a "smart" EVSE that shares the data with them, or do you only need to do that to get the discounts for off hours use? Also, are there any state or federal benefits that offset the purchase of the charger itself?

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Correct, but this program was only going to run to mid month October. According to my phone convo with them. Lets keep hunting. Thanks for responding.

EDIT: BTW did you notice monies were only being given to people that purchased or leased in that timeframe. Whats that about. They told me flat out the other day because I ordered in October, and will take delivery in March/April 22 I wont be eligable for anything. And even providing they do it next year. Lol. This state is sure nuts.
I called the other day and spoke to someone at ChargeUpNJ for clarification; while she couldn't give specifics (because there aren't any now), the program is suspended until the BPU decides whether to, and when, to re-fund it. Her guy feeling is that it would be restarted and not too far out from now.
The reason I initially called was to see if I bought off the lot before it was officially re-started, since the program was just suspended, would I be eligible if/when came back into effect ("no") . That pretty much helped me decide to order new, instead of settling for what was on the lot. With a 4+ month wait, we'll be into the new year when I get it and hopefully by then it'll be back up and running. (and even more hopefully, the Fed $$$ will also be switched to point of sale! ??)

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
For those of you following this thread, I just posted a new thread about this here.
Thank you. I am waiting for something for JCP&L customers. But every bit posted here. Helps us New Jersey folk out. Appreciate it. ?
Sponsored