New Jersey EV rebates. Anyone find anything?

hls811

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR
Country flag
Thank you. I am waiting for something for JCP&L customers. But every bit posted here. Helps us New Jersey folk out. Appreciate it. ?
So,
Check with your electric company. PSEG is offering up to $1500 for EVSE install.
So, this may be a really good question or one thats as dumb as can be... I'm in an area where I have PSEG for gas, but JCP&L for electric... Technically, I'm a PSEG customer and under the eligibility requirements it says "Utility account must be in good financial standing (no shut-off notice)" - It doesn't specify which utility.. Is there a chance I'm actually eligible through PSE&G and not have to wait on a JCP&L option?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
So,

So, this may be a really good question or one thats as dumb as can be... I'm in an area where I have PSEG for gas, but JCP&L for electric... Technically, I'm a PSEG customer and under the eligibility requirements it says "Utility account must be in good financial standing (no shut-off notice)" - It doesn't specify which utility.. Is there a chance I'm actually eligible through PSE&G and not have to wait on a JCP&L option?
I sure cant answer that. Maybe call them and find out. Sure sounds interesting. Best of luck. ?

RedDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach E AWD Premium Ext Bat - Rapid Red
Country flag
Has anyone heard anything about NJ Vehicle Purchase Incentives coming back? Im guessing a new program will be in place starting sometime in the summer of '22 (given the states fiscal year). I have an order for MME #2 which should be delivered Julyish. I havent found much out there on a new incentive program yet.

Thanks all!

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Has anyone heard anything about NJ Vehicle Purchase Incentives coming back? Im guessing a new program will be in place starting sometime in the summer of '22 (given the states fiscal year). I have an order for MME #2 which should be delivered Julyish. I havent found much out there on a new incentive program yet.

Thanks all!
The BOPU, Board of Public Utilities is the main cog for that program. I think normally its around June. As of right now there is no guarantee that it will happen again. Of course this is "STATE" money. 5 grand given to purchasers of EVs. And I think there is a cap on that funding every year. Soon as I hear anything I will post about it. Hope this helps.

BobG

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Insight
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
My Mach E is supposed to be delivered to the dealer in mid May. If this program comes out in June again, would I be able to participate?

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
My Mach E is supposed to be delivered to the dealer in mid May. If this program comes out in June again, would I be able to participate?
I think thats correct. I have heard nothing at all yet. I check all the time.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm not sure you would qualify....they are pretty strict about the dates of each year of incentives (usually July)......and the $$ has been different each of the 2 first years.....first years $5000 as long as your car fit the total dollar amount.....last year the amount of incentive was changed and most people only qualified for $2000, again based upon MSRP of your car....

I guess we all have to wait until ChargeUpNJ puts out the requirements for this year and the effective dates....good news, in my experience, they are easy to deal with and very helpful....I would check their website to see if they have any new info......good luck to all

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm not sure you would qualify....they are pretty strict about the dates of each year of incentives (usually July)......and the $$ has been different each of the 2 first years.....first years $5000 as long as your car fit the total dollar amount.....last year the amount of incentive was changed and most people only qualified for $2000, again based upon MSRP of your car....

I guess we all have to wait until ChargeUpNJ puts out the requirements for this year and the effective dates....good news, in my experience, they are easy to deal with and very helpful....I would check their website to see if they have any new info......good luck to all
I am just asking. As I dont have the knowledge you do. This is my first EV purchase. But what does ChargeUpNJ have to do with this? And the differant dollar amonuts you talked about. I have only spoken to people at the NJ Board of Public Utilities, whkm I thought were integral in doing this every year. And it seems thier hierarchy have given me a differant scenario on this whole thing. Lol....Well thats NJ for you, everything amiss. I am very curious how this all pans out now. And thank you for your wisdom/post. Interesting as can be. I sure dont want ti miss the bucks. Oh. One more thing. The Ford/Lincoln dealer I got my GT from said 5k. On our cars. Are those guys throwing the bull to? I am more enlightened and confused. Thanks again.....

One more thing. The BOPU along with JCP&L was supposed to kick in a couple grand for level 2 home chargers installed in your residence, and so far NOTHING on that. I was waiting since January 1--22 for that little bit to kick in.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I am just asking. As I dont have the knowledge you do. This is my first EV purchase. But what does ChargeUpNJ have to do with this? And the differant dollar amonuts you talked about. I have only spoken to people at the NJ Board of Public Utilities, whkm I thought were integral in doing this every year. And it seems thier hierarchy have given me a differant scenario on this whole thing. Lol....Well thats NJ for you, everything amiss. I am very curious how this all pans out now. And thank you for your wisdom/post. Interesting as can be. I sure dont want ti miss the bucks. Oh. One more thing. The Ford/Lincoln dealer I got my GT from said 5k. On our cars. Are those guys throwing the bull to? I am more enlightened and confused. Thanks again.....

One more thing. The BOPU along with JCP&L was supposed to kick in a couple grand for level 2 home chargers installed in your residence, and so far NOTHING on that. I was waiting since January 1--22 for that little bit to kick in.
ChargeUpNJ are the folks who moderate (right word??) the program for NJBPU......if you go to the ChargeUPNJ site, right now they say "funds not available"......what exactly will be the "procedure" once funds are available we don't know now.......the program DID CHANGE from year one to year two......as far as what the dealer said, last year and year 1 there was a cap on cost (MSRP).......maybe the dealer has info that we are not privy to yet??........year one we had to provide ChargeUp NJ with assorted paperwork, to actually apply, year 2 this changed to "point of sale" so the dealer took care of the paperwork

I could be wrong with my numbers so if some one reads this and knows, please correct me, I think year 1 there was a $55000 MSRP limit to getting the incentive, year 2 I believe, if $45000 MSRP full $5000 incentive, if over that but under $55000 MSRP a $2000 incentive.......again things changed SO MUCH from year 1 to year 2, we should wait until the info comes out.....

remember NO sales tax in NJ on electric cars, and NO inspection sticker.....plus fed tax credit.....if it were me, I would email ChargeUpNJ, they will respond, or have in the past,.....they may have info or not, worth a try.....and I would double check with my dealer......could you name the dealer??......hope that helps.....

BTW, I would not discount the info you got from NJBPU, as they are the controller of the funds......if you would, what did they say??????.......again good luck to all

Last edited:
OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
ChargeUpNJ are the folks who moderate (right word??) the program for NJBPU......if you go to the ChargeUPNJ site, right now they say "funds not available"......what exactly will be the "procedure" once funds are available we don't know now.......the program DID CHANGE from year one to year two......as far as what the dealer said, last year and year 1 there was a cap on cost (MSRP).......maybe the dealer has info that we are not privy to yet??........year one we had to provide ChargeUp NJ with assorted paperwork, to actually apply, year 2 this changed to "point of sale" so the dealer took care of the paperwork

I could be wrong with my numbers so if some one reads this and knows, please correct me, I think year 1 there was a $50000 MSRP limit to getting the incentive, year 2 I believe, if $45000 MSRP full $5000 incentive, if over that but under $50000 MSRP a $2000 incentive.......again things changed SO MUCH from year 1 to year 2, we should wait until the info comes out.....

remember NO sales tax in NJ on electric cars, and NO inspection sticker.....plus fed tax credit.....if it were me, I would email ChargeUpNJ, they will respond, or have in the past,.....they may have info or not, worth a try.....and I would double check with my dealer......could you name the dealer??......hope that helps.....

BTW, I would not discount the info you got from NJBPU, as they are the controller of the funds......if you would, what did they say??????.......again good luck to all
Phil, thank you for your kind reply and education. I will put ChargeUp on my radar now. NJBPU told me as I posted. Its been a few months now so I better give them a call again to check if theres any changes. I was really psyched for that level 2 charger install money to. But even JCP&L. doesnt know anything about it. Its funny cause I read all the documents (public information) when they were preparing to sign that into law for us. Now it seems theres no movement on it. Our governor lives in my town. And if I run into him, and I have. I am sure going to ask Phil a WTF is going on with our EV dough. I wish I could tell you more right now. But just dont have current information. If I dig something up, I will be sure to post it. In NJ we need every buck we can get. Thanks again. And good luck to us here in NJ.
Sponsored