New Jersey EV rebates. Anyone find anything?

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
NJ has been a very very tough state to find things out about EV rebates. And trust me. I have been looking. The crazy thing is that if you do find anything, theres a small window timeframe attached to it. So I thought I would ask and start this thread to benefit any folks living in New Jersey.
Sponsored

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
Hm what information are you specifically looking for? NJ’s EV site is pretty straight forward, though it does seem like all available rebates are accounted for this year. (Updates to the program are likely to come next July - the start of NJ’s fiscal year.)

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hm what information are you specifically looking for? NJ’s EV site is pretty straight forward, though it does seem like all available rebates are accounted for this year. (Updates to the program are likely to come next July - the start of NJ’s fiscal year.)
Thank you. Have been all over that site and many others in NJ. I am hoping that "alternative" options exist to, Federal Gov etc. Just looking and trying to be thorough. Thanks coach. BTW. NJ is still "considering" a possible future progran for monies for home chargeing level 2. I dont know if it will happen. But its on thier plate to be discussed. ?

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

COACH CHRIS

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E AWD Select
Country flag
NJ is still "considering"
Been showing this for months ? as is the NJ way. The rebates are funded through the NJ Board of Public Utilities, which is apparently its own little bureaucracy. (Very on brand for NJ.) So what you read w/r/t legislation often takes months to manifest itself into actual savings for us.

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Been showing this for months ? as is the NJ way. The rebates are funded through the NJ Board of Public Utilities, which is apparently its own little bureaucracy. (Very on brand for NJ.) So what you read w/r/t legislation often takes months to manifest itself into actual savings for us.
I actually spoke to 2 people at the NJBOPU. Yes thier own little fifedom. LOL...have many back and forth emails with them and many others in the state. Guess what? Getting no where fast......lol. ? thanks again coach. Oh and as a side note our power company that serves our area dont give nothing either. I mean zero....LOL

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Last year when funds ran out, folks had to wait until the program was re-funded.....that happened July 7, 2021, retroactive to July 1 2012......maybe the same dates will hold true for 2022.....

ps if my dates are incorrect, please feel free to correct them.....

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Last year when funds ran out, folks had to wait until the program was re-funded.....that happened July 7, 2021, retroactive to July 1 2012......maybe the same dates will hold true for 2022.....

ps if my dates are incorrect, please feel free to correct them.....
I think your right. It only runs for 3 months. But the problem is or was you must buy or lease your car in that time frame. Its something screwy. Buts thats NJ for you. Lol

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Check with your electric company. PSEG is offering up to $1500 for EVSE install.

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I think your right. It only runs for 3 months. But the problem is or was you must buy or lease your car in that time frame. Its something screwy. Buts thats NJ for you. Lol
well, it's not really screwy, the program has been far more successful than they thought it would be.....it lasts as long as the $$ holds out.....last phase (phase 2) had the, was it 20 or 30 mil to spend (sorry I forgot the exact $$), and because of all the interest went through that in 3 or so months......and that is with the new $$ amounts, different from phase 1.....we'll see when and what changes are made to the program and yes you do have to buy/lease the car within the active time period.....good luck to all

EDIT.....the amount was $30 mil, i checked

Last edited:

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Check with your electric company. PSEG is offering up to $1500 for EVSE install.
when the heck did that happen?! I asked in late 2019 and they had zip for BEV's. They wouldn't even let me get a second meter for the car on time-of-use rates unless my main meter went to TOU also - with peak being from 7AM to 9PM. uh, no thanks - I went solar instead. With the incentives I'm paying $.085/wkh with my solar instead of their awesome $.182/kwh base rate...

No, it goes until the money runs out.

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
when the heck did that happen?! I asked in late 2019 and they had zip for BEV's. They wouldn't even let me get a second meter for the car on time-of-use rates unless my main meter went to TOU also - with peak being from 7AM to 9PM. uh, no thanks - I went solar instead. With the incentives I'm paying $.085/wkh with my solar instead of their awesome $.182/kwh base rate...

https://nj.myaccount.pseg.com/myservicepublic/electricvehicles

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I did, we are under JCP&L. They wont give you a thin dime. Thanks

OP
OP
Glen

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

In a way your right. I spoke to them twice last week. It starts in July and runs through part of October period. But the money ran out during Sept. this year, so it stopped at that time. Thank you for posting. ?
Sponsored