BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
Pretty much a lawsuit by THREE individuals, two of which are YouTube influencers.
I doubt anything will come of this since the article is already stating some exhajerated information.

Tony

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I read the filing and was not impressed. It has only been a short while since the recall came out but to me the recall has, so far, eliminated a bricked vehicle condition and alleviated the safety concerns (although others disagree.) I believe the part should be replaced as a recall. Unfortunately it appears Ford is taking a warranty replacement approach. I will not change my driving and am not worried about my car failing.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Not sure what they think they are going to accomplish with that.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
Big Salute to those guys! Finally someone is taking an actual step against Ford!
I'd love to join such thing!

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
“This situation is not like a broken tailight or rubber falling off a doorjamb, Desai said. "Those are things that happen all the time with recalls. We're talking about 50,000 cars that can just turn off unexpectedly. At that point, it's time for a lawsuit."”

My father-in-law and other family members were decades long workers for Ford in Dearborn. I still get my cars on A plan

Despite the fact I am a huge Ford fan and loved my first 2 ponies and have 2 more on order I am fully in support of this lawsuit to highlight this unique situation. As the quote above indicates it’s unlike other minor recalls. It is unacceptable to have a $50,000 plus new car strand you without an easy way to get it towed. It’s been happening for too long To too many people and the fix was an absolute joke that made it worse. It’s that ridiculous software patch that caused this lawsuit and I think it’s needed

Doesn’t matter if it hasn’t happened to you it doesn’t matter if you think it’s not going to happen to you it’s happening to enough and the lawsuit is probably going to help correct it quicker in my opinion. Ford has handled the situation very badly

Jes sayin. Now let’s discuss why dealers are still trying to charge $15,000 ADM more for a thrice recalled vehicle they’re technically not allowed to deliver right now because it’s broken so bad it will strand you on the road …..that’s when life is totally upside down and we live in the bizarro world. Lawsuit needed.

Last edited:

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Big Salute to those guys! Finally someone is taking an actual step against Ford!
You will get very little out of it. Meanwhile, those three will take ~2/3 of any settlement, and the lawyer will get the other ~1/3. Class action is not the way to go, imho.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Not sure what they think they are going to accomplish with that.
Publicity. A faster real fix. And an unlikely order from the court to stop selling. That won’t happen because Ford has already taken that step. The added publicity may speed up the supply chain and make them try to save some face so we should not necessarily be opposed to it

jes sayin

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
You will get very little out of it. Meanwhile, those three will take ~2/3 of any settlement, and the lawyer will get the other ~1/3. Class action is not the way to go, imho.

They lawyered up so if they get 2/3 of the settlement that's fine, I could care less, the positive outcome of this is now Ford has to deal with these accusations seriously, most likely will have to replace the hardware and not do cheap software fix.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
“This situation is not like a broken tailight or rubber falling off a doorjamb, Desai said. "Those are things that happen all the time with recalls. We're talking about 50,000 cars that can just turn off unexpectedly. At that point, it's time for a lawsuit."”

My father-in-law and other family members were decades long workers for Ford in Dearborn. I still get my cars on A plan

Despite the fact I am a huge Ford fan and loved my first 2 ponies and have 2 more on order I am fully in support of this lawsuit to highlight this unique situation. As the quote above indicates it’s unlike other minor recalls. It is unacceptable to have a $50,000 plus new car strand you without an easy way to get it towed. It’s been happening for too long To too many people and the fix was an absolute joke that made it worse. It’s that ridiculous software patch that caused this lawsuit and I think it’s needed

Doesn’t matter if it hasn’t happened to you it doesn’t matter if you think it’s not going to happen to you it’s happening to enough and the lawsuit is probably going to help correct it quicker in my opinion. Ford has handled the situation very badly

Jes sayin. Now let’s discuss why dealers are still trying to charge $15,000 ADM more for a thrice recalled vehicle they’re technically not allowed to deliver right now because it’s broken so bad it will strand you on the road …..that’s when life is totally upside down and we live in the bizarro world. Lawsuit needed.
You can just do a buyback and lawyers don't have to make all the money while members of the suit get a pittance. You shouldn't need a lawyer to get your money back on a faulty vehicle.

Volfan615

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cyber Orange GT Performance
Country flag
I'm pretty sure it's a class action suit. I received a link to join it (I think thru FB) but decided to let this all play out a little more before doing so.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
They lawyered up so if they get 2/3 of the settlement that's fine, I could care less, the positive outcome of this is now Ford has to deal with these accusations seriously, most likely will have to replace the hardware and not do cheap software fix.
this lawsuit will not change anything about how Ford is dealing with this problem. The only way it would is if you think that Ford isn't already doing everything they can, and there's no evidence of that. In fact, the evidence is exactly the opposite, which is trying to get a software fix out (that may or may not be "real" as I type this) while figuring out the longer-term fix.

it will piss away Ford money, into the pockets of people looking to make a quick buck.

it's asinine to suggest that this issue isn't visible inside of Ford.
Sponsored