Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Not sure how much experience any of you have with class action litigation. But the purpose of these lawsuits it to compel the defendant corporation (in this case, Ford) to make the affected class whole. To anyone but the attorneys, it's never about the money. In our case it's about forcing Ford to replace the defective HVBJB (contactors) with new hardware rather than simply apply a software "patch" that reduces the performance of our cars.

Anyone of us who owns an affected car surely wants the same thing. Maybe Ford will replace the defective hardware under warranty anyway, we just don't know. With the class action suit pending, perhaps Ford will be more likely to apply the proper fix to our cars to avoid an adverse outcome of the litigation.

The easiest way for Ford to get the lawsuit dismissed is to amend the recall and order replacement of all defective contactors (HVBJB). I suspect that's exactly what will happen. And we'll all be happy if it does.
Sponsored

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
this lawsuit will not change anything about how Ford is dealing with this problem. The only way it would is if you think that Ford isn't already doing everything they can, and there's no evidence of that. In fact, the evidence is exactly the opposite, which is trying to get a software fix out (that may or may not be "real" as I type this) while figuring out the longer-term fix.

it will piss away Ford money, into the pockets of people looking to make a quick buck.

it's asinine to suggest that this issue isn't visible inside of Ford.
There is nothing wrong in making a big buck, it's on Ford, I wish this goes to court, I am curious if Ford execs knew about faulty equipment but still tried to cover it, I am one of the people who are extremely pissed from the 5 seconds power limit already and further limitation like what they implemented with their recall is not acceptable for me, Ford sold the car as a performance model but failed to mention that it's not capable of actually performing well, I left supercharge yesterday near 70% and had grey bars of shame on my car for about 30 minutes after, I imagine with the recall software installed on my car, there will be more gray bars and it will last for a longer time, yes I can sell my car but that shouldn't be the answer If I knew what I know today at the time when I ordered I would NOT order a Mach E and I would get a Tesla instead, unfortunately, Teslas got seriously expensive during this time.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The easiest way for Ford to get the lawsuit dismissed is to amend the recall and order replacement of all defective contactors (HVBJB). I suspect that's exactly what will happen. And we'll all be happy if it does.

I think that's what all of us want, replace the defective hardware with good hardware and remove limitations, I think this class action will fast forward this step.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not sure how much experience any of you have with class action litigation. But the purpose of these lawsuits it to compel the defendant corporation (in this case, Ford) to make the affected class whole. To anyone but the attorneys, it's never about the money. In our case it's about forcing Ford to replace the defective HVBJB (contactors) with new hardware rather than simply apply a software "patch" that reduces the performance of our cars.

Anyone of us who owns an affected car surely wants the same thing. Maybe Ford will replace the defective hardware under warranty anyway, we just don't know. With the class action suit pending, perhaps Ford will be more likely to apply the proper fix to our cars to avoid an adverse outcome of the litigation.

... rather than simply apply a software "patch" that reduces the performance of our cars. ... I thought that was still an open question as to whether the software measures and monitors, perhaps cushions a failure event to allow some driving after a failure, but otherwise does not limit performance.

IDK, IMHO, the suit is premature, and maybe involves a bit of grandstanding by some YouTubers as well as the lead attorney.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
99.5% of the cars are not impacted.
Not true. 99.5% of US cars have not yet failed. Over time, we have no idea how many will have or might.

Last edited:

bluestarct

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Highlander, Mazda 6 GT, Mach E FE
Country flag
There is nothing wrong in making a big buck, it's on Ford, I wish this goes to court, I am curious if Ford execs knew about faulty equipment but still tried to cover it, I am one of the people who are extremely pissed from the 5 seconds power limit already and further limitation like what they implemented with their recall is not acceptable for me, Ford sold the car as a performance model but failed to mention that it's not capable of actually performing well, I left supercharge yesterday near 70% and had grey bars of shame on my car for about 30 minutes after, I imagine with the recall software installed on my car, there will be more gray bars and it will last for a longer time, yes I can sell my car but that shouldn't be the answer If I knew what I know today at the time when I ordered I would NOT order a Mach E and I would get a Tesla instead, unfortunately, Teslas got seriously expensive during this time.
You really should sell your Mach E and buy something else. It sounds like you will not be happy. There is no reason to go through life mad and unhappy.

And why were you at a supercharge with a Mach E?

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You really should sell your Mach E and buy something else. It sounds like you will not be happy. There is no reason to go through life mad and unhappy.

And why were you at a supercharge with a Mach E?
Pay me $74k for my Mach E and sell me a brand new Tesla Model 3 Performance for $57K+tax and registration ( was the cost of the car when I ordered my Mach E ) and I will be very happy to walk away.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Pretty much a lawsuit by THREE individuals, two of which are YouTube influencers.
I doubt anything will come of this since the article is already stating some exhajerated information.

Tony
Exaggerated (sp). What exaggerations are you referring to, specifically? Enlighten us.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
This and other issues should be expected in the first 2-3 years of a new type of ground up vehicle from a manufacturer so people shouldn’t be surprised.

If the Lightning doesn’t suffer from the same type of connector, I wouldn’t be surprised if Ford redesign the Mach-E connector to be the same as the Lightning.

GABAR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco
Country flag
Pay me $74k for my Mach E and sell me a brand new Tesla Model 3 Performance for $57K+tax and registration ( was the cost of the car when I ordered my Mach E ) and I will be very happy to walk away.
Ummm, why didn’t you purchase the Tesla In the first place?

Just curious.

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
My personal opinion is these lawsuit people are losers. There are ways to deal with this problem and get your MachE back on the road.

Blue highway

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium SR RWD
Country flag
I don't care if the plaintiffs & lawyers split any proceeds from the case. I just want a car without a (potentially) serious defect!
Ford is obviously aware of this issue & doing something about it, but I ABSOLUTELY think Ford is doing cost analysis on replacing all potentially defective parts vs. dealing with individual instances when they occur. (The latter is UNSAT in my opinion)
I'm willing to give Ford more time to figure out how to fix this, but at some point I need Ford to put out some kind of plan!
There are no cars without a potentially serious defect. There are only cars that you are not aware of what the potentially serious defect is.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag

Hey @ridgebackpilot, can you give us regular updates on the case from PACER? Don't want to get you in trouble, but if you could it would be interesting to follow the case here. Don't do it if it would be uncool for your professional work, definitely not worth getting into trouble for.
Sponsored