MortMag

First Name
Morten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC60 T8, e-Golf (ev Rabbit), MME GT PE
Country flag
The video is in Norwegian, but you can make a translate of the plain text. https://www.rohneselmer.no/nyheter/...j-rte-nye-mustang-mach-e-807-2-km-uten-a-lade

No indication of what a slow speed is to achieve 11Kw/100km but I would guess it took well over 8 hours to do 800 km. Nice to see but not practical for many.
No indication of what a slow speed is to achieve 11Kw/100km but I would guess it took well over 8 hours to do 800 km. Nice to see but not practical for many.
Here is some translated text from the drive. They did not exceed the speed limit, rather a bit under and probably not over 50mph.

After a long drive, from Trondheim, via Østerdalen, Oslo and E18 further south, the battery and the drive ended just outside Kristiansand on Sunday night. By then, they had traveled 807.2 kilometers, more than 500 miles, without charging the all-electric SUV along the way. It gives an average consumption of 11 kWt / 100 km.

The two have previously driven both Ford Mustangs with over 300 HP on a tank of petrol, up to what was then a world record of 1249 kilometers. They also set what was most likely a world record with a Ranger pickup in 2017. Then they traveled a full 1616 kilometers, from Oslo to Kautokeino, without refueling.

- Very good with low autumn temperatures and a mountain pass

- It is only to congratulate Knut Wilthil and Henrik Borchgrevink with this fantastic achievement. In several range tests, the Mustang Mach-E has proven that it is among the electric cars on the market today that are among the very best in range. What they do with such low autumn temperatures and a long ascent on the mountain, shows the potential it has to be able to drive very cheaply and far, even for those who are not as extreme eco-drivers as these two record holders, says CEO of Ford Motor Norway, Per Gunnar Berg.

The long journey south they switched to being drivers. However, both were in the car during the entire drive. Before leaving Trondheim, the car's charging hatch was sealed.

Along the way, in addition to the many hours they spent in minus degrees in line at Tynset, they had a few short stops for a change of driver and to get past other traffic, but otherwise kept a lower and steady speed all the time.

- This trip from Trondheim is no ordinary drive. Here we have planned for all eventualities along the way, including driver change. The goal is to keep a steady low speed, with as few start and stop situations as possible. This means that everything from rush hour traffic to temperatures, precipitation and wind are considered. We have also been very careful with the use of air conditioning as experience has shown that it requires a lot of energy, says Henrik Borchgrevink.

Smooth driving at lower speeds without stopping

The two experienced eco-drivers have the following advice for those who want to try to "eco-drive" with their electric car, or car with a more traditional driveline.

- Drive smoothly and keep your eyes fixed far in front of you on the road to be able to plan your driving as best as possible and avoid full stops. To get as far as possible, you also have to keep a lower speed and accelerate evenly and not too slowly when you go up in speed, says Knut Wilthil.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Rabalder74

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Two Norwegian test drivers set what might be a world record range distance for Mach-E.

Criteria:
Model Mach-E RW LR (estimated range 610 km WLTP)
Standard summer tires.
Test was done on public road, over 1 mountain pass (733 mtr).
They was in a traffic jam for 5 hrs due to a road accident.
Demperature was sometime as low as -2 deg (Celsius)

The two drivers are expert in eco driving.
They had a steady avarage/low speed

Result: 807 km withou recharging
Avarage of 11kWt/100km

Unfortunately text and video in Norwegian.

https://www.tv2.no/a/14254889/

jojomontag

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I average between 4.1 and 4.8 mi/kwh driving around Houston (both freeway and street). But I drive the speed limit, use modest acceleration, and take full advantage of OPD. I have a SR battery with RWD. On straightway drives at about 40mph, the car reads anywhere from 5.2-7.8 mi/kwh. So I imagine they could achieve it driving 40-50mph.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
In order to achieve that distance you have to hypermile the vehicle. This means not going over speed limit, driving under speed limit, not using any extra features on car (ie. hvac [heater, a/c], or radio). You are using blue cruise to maintain distance and speed, then when going down hill having regen at a good setting to get the regen going down the mountain to charge the battery back up.

It is not impossible to do just not a normal driving style. This is normally people just testing or showing how far you can actually stretch the range on these electric cars. Youtubers do it alot to show the actual maximum distance it can go. Now is it a pratical reading no it is not but if done properly and conditions are right you can reach those said distances.

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
that's great range.

storab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e RWD
Country flag
Google maps says best route for these 800km is 10 hours without stops. Not that many motorways in Norway.

OP
OP
MortMag

MortMag

First Name
Morten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC60 T8, e-Golf (ev Rabbit), MME GT PE
Country flag
Google maps says best route for these 800km is 10 hours without stops. Not that many motorways in Norway.
That route they took has approx 30% motorway with speed limits between 55-70 mph

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That route they took has approx 30% motorway with speed limits between 55-70 mph
Their was a bit of 6 lane in the video. They were not flying past too many in that clip.

Want more range just slow down. Give you a car that moves like the MME and then tell you that ;).

I will go with green charging and leave the hypermiling to others. No heat (not even seats) sitting at an accident in the fall is not for me unless the % says I may not make the next charger. Appears that should be no problems on their route as long as one station remains dependable when cold. We all need more stations.

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
I've driven the same path some times b4, not with an EV (yet). I'm guessing they've set a max speed limit of just under 50 mph (80 km/h), perhaps 43.5 mph (70 km/h).

The result is still good! Waiting for something like this to be tested with a standard range battery. I'll do it myself when my car is delivered!

Excited

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E RWD SR Techno+
Occupation
GIS Engineering
Country flag
Their was a bit of 6 lane in the video. They were not flying past too many in that clip.

Want more range just slow down. Give you a car that moves like the MME and then tell you that ;).
Next record should be: «Longest drive in minutes without car stopping and without charging» ?

Zapata

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e, replacing a 1999 Chevy Metro LOL!
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
I'm old enough to remember the 55 MPH speed limits implemented for fuel efficiency during the oil crisis of the 1970s. Wonder what mileage a Mach E would have at that speed limit?
Sponsored