11/19/2021 New Module Updates in FDRS FE MME (Dec, 2020 mfgr date)

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Still no luck. I get the same "Ignition to off" message even though it looks like the module is still updating behind it. If I hit OK on that message, I get this failure:

1637755730449.png

So I decided to not hit OK on the "Ignition to off" message in the hope that the module would just keep updating behind it and actually finish. I left it that way for about 45 minutes, but the progress bar behind the "Ignition to off" message just kept starting over after reaching the end. I'm assuming it doesn't really take over 45 minutes for these door module updates? My FDRS license expires tomorrow, so I've still got some time, but I'm not sure what else to try.
I wonder what Fix fault and retest means? Are you able to test all modules, clear all codes, back to all green four circles at the top of the page?

Maybe try to call the Ford Motorcraft software help line. There are help numbers, I think on the pages just before we pay the license fee.

After PCM and SOBDM (I followed the order top to bottom on my update list), I kept track of rough start times for each one. The first one, PCM did a few of them, one after the other. I do not remember which ones, possibly PCM, SOBDM, SOBDMC
5:33 pm BECM
5:35 pm ABS
5:40 pm DCME (about 3 minutes)
5:43 pm DCMF
5:45 pm DCMG
5:49 pm DCMH
5:52 pm OBCC
5:56 pm RFA (this one took some time, I walked away for a while, but maybe 15 minutes later it was done)

i7 laptop with fast internet, no idea how that affects times. Except for large downloads, I think we are all limited by the MME CAN bus speed.

I took a couple of snapshots trying to understand how to see version numbers from old to new
I guess it is the higher number in the later digits?
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/19/2021 New Module Updates in FDRS FE MME (Dec, 2020 mfgr date) IMG-2070
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/19/2021 New Module Updates in FDRS FE MME (Dec, 2020 mfgr date) IMG-2071

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I wonder what Fix fault and retest means? Are you able to test all modules, clear all codes, back to all green four circles at the top of the page?

Maybe try to call the Ford Motorcraft software help line. There are help numbers, I think on the pages just before we pay the license fee.
Yes, I've cleared all codes and everything is back to testing green. Every time I try a door module update, it leaves it in a state with a lot of error codes that won't reset, so I have to leave it for 10 minutes to let everything go to sleep before it will let me reset the codes. This isn't unexpected, but it adds time to the troubleshooting since I have to wait at least 10 minutes before trying something else. I guess I'll try the help line and see how it goes. Something tells me that I won't be getting the extra "robustness" for my doors. I'm glad all the other updates worked without much drama.

Are you still using the Mongoose? Did you install the VCI software too? I do get a warning when I open FDRS saying that there's a problem with the VCI software, but I've just been ignoring that because I don't need the VCI software with the Mongoose. But maybe I should install the VCI software anyway as an extra troubleshooting step?

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yes, I've cleared all codes and everything is back to testing green. Every time I try a door module update, it leaves it in a state with a lot of error codes that won't reset, so I have to leave it for 10 minutes to let everything go to sleep before it will let me reset the codes. This isn't unexpected, but it adds time to the troubleshooting since I have to wait at least 10 minutes before trying something else. I guess I'll try the help line and see how it goes. Something tells me that I won't be getting the extra "robustness" for my doors. I'm glad all the other updates worked without much drama.

Are you still using the Mongoose? Did you install the VCI software too? I do get a warning when I open FDRS saying that there's a problem with the VCI software, but I've just been ignoring that because I don't need the VCI software with the Mongoose. But maybe I should install the VCI software anyway as an extra troubleshooting step?
See update on installed VCI software below -

yes, Mongoose. I do not remember VCI, but it has been some weeks since I set it up. I was surprised that I needed to install the entire FJDS program, not just FDRS, and the Mongoose drivers. This is what I see when I start FDRS (I probably should not post my VIN, but that horse left the barn a long time ago). I do not get a warning about VCI.
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/19/2021 New Module Updates in FDRS FE MME (Dec, 2020 mfgr date) Screenshot (74)

yes, a bunch of VCI like software is installed - not using VCM3 or VCMM (a fancy VCM3 with built in test gear)
Ford Mustang Mach-E 11/19/2021 New Module Updates in FDRS FE MME (Dec, 2020 mfgr date) Screen Shot 2021-11-24 at 9.47.36 AM

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
See update on installed VCI software below -

yes, Mongoose. I do not remember VCI, but it has been some weeks since I set it up. I was surprised that I needed to install the entire FJDS program, not just FDRS, and the Mongoose drivers. This is what I see when I start FDRS (I probably should not post my VIN, but that horse left the barn a long time ago). I do not get a warning about VCI.

yes, a bunch of VCI like software is installed - not using VCM3 or VCMM (a fancy VCM3 with built in test gear)
Yeah, you definitely have the VCI software installed. Without it, you don't get any of those VCM options in the device list. I really don't think that's the problem, but I guess I'll install the VCI software anyway to rule it out. Couldn't hurt at this point.

OP
OP

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yeah, you definitely have the VCI software installed. Without it, you don't get any of those VCM options in the device list. I really don't think that's the problem, but I guess I'll install the VCI software anyway to rule it out. Couldn't hurt at this point.
I'm headed out soon. Tell us how it goes if you call help line. Maybe a 12V cold boot, or worst case re-install FJDS. Good luck!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm headed out soon. Tell us how it goes if you call help line. Maybe a 12V cold boot, or worst case re-install FJDS. Good luck!
Well, the support line wasn't much help. It's actually run by Rotunda. They provide help with the FDRS software itself, but don't really know anything about the cars or individual updates. The support guy emailed me some "helpful documentation", which was just generic stuff about things like disabling the Windows Firewall. He said if that documentation didn't help, I should click the envelope in the upper right corner of FDRS and submit a feedback report describing the problem and include screenshots. If I hear anything back, I'll ask if they can give me another 2 day license since it clearly won't be figured out before the current one expires. Interestingly, when submitting the feedback form, it popped up and said that you should call Support for technical support issues. Really?

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I will say when I was running into the issue it was somewhat intermittent. Door module E updated without a hitch, module f gave me the "ignition off" error, but on the second try it worked. G and H wouldn't work no matter what I tried. This with the mongoose

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I will say when I was running into the issue it was somewhat intermittent. Door module E updated without a hitch, module f gave me the "ignition off" error, but on the second try it worked. G and H wouldn't work no matter what I tried. This with the mongoose
Iā€˜ve tried all 4 of them now several times. It would be a lot faster to repeat these tests if I didnā€™t have to wait 10 minutes between each one in order to clear all the faults.

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
Iā€˜ve tried all 4 of them now several times. It would be a lot faster to repeat these tests if I didnā€™t have to wait 10 minutes between each one in order to clear all the faults.
A 12v battery pull will give you an instant reset. That's what I did when I was trying to get it to work