New owner. Car doesn’t have most recent software.

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
Hello all. I recently bought a 2022 Premium Mach E and it’s running the old software and doesn’t show an update available. Do I just need to wait or do I need to take it to the dealer?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
3.5.2 is quite new. Mustang Mach-Es don't all update on the same day. Ford rolls out updates rather slowly, so far.

Also, if the dealer tech performed updates to the vehicle, then it's possible your car has some modules with software newer than Power-Up 3.5.2 because the "Power-Up" terminology only applies to updates delivered directly from Ford via over the air mechanisms.

Dealers use a laptop cable connected method to install updates. There's no easy way to see what's installed to each module unless you have access to the software the licensed techs are using. Some forum members subscribe to licenses of that software but the vast majority of us don't.

OP
OP

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
3.5.2 is quite new. Mustang Mach-Es don't all update on the same day. Ford rolls out updates rather slowly, so far.

Also, if the dealer tech performed updates to the vehicle, then it's possible your car has some modules with software newer than Power-Up 3.5.2 because the "Power-Up" terminology only applies to updates delivered directly from Ford via over the air mechanisms.

Dealers use a laptop cable connected method to install updates. There's no easy way to see what's installed to each module unless you have access to the software the licensed techs are using. Some forum members subscribe to licenses of that software but the vast majority of us don't.

I was trying to find the YouTube apps to show my wife but They were nowhere to be found. That’s why I assumed I was didn’t have the latest OTA.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I was trying to find the YouTube apps to show my wife but They were nowhere to be found. That’s why I assumed I was didn’t have the latest OTA.
Check for it again after your vehicle gets the 3.5.3.3 update.

OP
OP

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
Check for it again after your vehicle gets the 3.5.3.3 update.
I guess that’s my question. Have others also not received the update? Is it rolled out to certain VINs first?

Thanks

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
I guess that’s my question. Have others also not received the update? Is it rolled out to certain VINs first?

Thanks
I would say almost no one has the update, most of the posts here are from people who were selected for an early access program that I have tried to get in since July 21 but it's been full the whole time. You'll get used to it, but patience is key for these software updates.

OP
OP

Ngkgb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, E-Tron
Country flag
I would say almost no one has the update, most of the posts here are from people who were selected for an early access program that I have tried to get in since July 21 but it's been full the whole time. You'll get used to it, but patience is key for these software updates.
I see. Thank you for the “update”. I’ll be patient.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I see. Thank you for the “update”. I’ll be patient.
Yes, you will need to get 3.5.3 and then 3.5.3.3 before YouTube shows up. I would guess you'll get those in the next month unless issues with 3.5.3 come up that delay it for general release.

I can tell you in a 2022 you're not missing much with factory software, really only the streaming video functionality, everything else works pretty much the same as the software you have now.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, '22 California Route 1
Country flag
Hello all. I recently bought a 2022 Premium Mach E and it’s running the old software and doesn’t show an update available. Do I just need to wait or do I need to take it to the dealer?

Thanks in advance.
Same here, I guess Ford will get around to it one day. 😳

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag

Thanks in advance.
Cars are not updated before sale unless there is a recall or an issue that needs to be resolved.

You cannot see what version you have. Dealer applied updates don't show up. OTA updates may not be sent in order. Updates are queued for your vehicle, you cannot simply download them.

BillPitman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, ‘21 J2 Space White Mach e
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, you will need to get 3.5.3 and then 3.5.3.3 before YouTube shows up. I would guess you'll get those in the next month unless issues with 3.5.3 come up that delay it for general release.

I can tell you in a 2022 you're not missing much with factory software, really only the streaming video functionality, everything else works pretty much the same as the software you have now.
Question Lee, video streaming- will there be a choice to use the car connectivity, or my phone to get YouTube?! Just wondering…… Bill P

NewGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ready to order
Country flag
Question Lee, video streaming- will there be a choice to use the car connectivity, or my phone to get YouTube?! Just wondering…… Bill P
In other threads people report being able to use their phone as a hotspot, connecting the car to that, and being able to stream.
Sponsored