New Owner - Question and an Observation

exact33

Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, Fusion
Country flag
Almost everything is disabled while in reverse so you can focus on backing up.
Where do drive again? I'll have to program that area out of my gps...

Advertisement

timbop

First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E (CA RT1), 2016 Dodge Durango
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As I'm backing down my driveway in Reverse (R), it will not let me adjust these controls. Is this a bug or a feature?
I haven't read the whole thread, but my 2015 mustang was the same way - once it puts the backup camera on the screen it locks out the radio and environmental controls. It's probably a safety feature; if you're backing up you shouldn't also be messing with the radio or climate controls

OP

GJG-Mach-E

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I get that they think it is a safety feature, but when I come to a complete stop on my driveway while still in reverse to adjust controls, I kind of want the controls to work. My garage door used to occasionally bounce back open after it closed. While I fixed that issue, I'm still in the habit of waiting for the door to close before leaving my drive. I'm sure a few weeks from now I will have retrained my muscle memory to do things the nanny-approved way. :)
Overall this car is fantastic. I've had a lot of nice German-made cars and this is my first American car in over 30 years. Ford knocked it out of the park with the Mach-E.

Advertisement

Advertisement