Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Hi, i just got an MME ten days ago. I'm still in the learning process for this car. I love it so far. I've noticed that the Climate Control fan speed, seat heater, and steering wheel heater controls do not work unless the car is in Drive (D). As I'm backing down my driveway in Reverse (R), it will not let me adjust these controls. Is this a bug or a feature? Also, I was driving in the rain this morning for the first time. Wow, the rear window wiper blade is really short. It only seems to clear the water off the bottom half of the window.
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
There is a thread on here With a couple suggestions for a slightly longer rear blade. I can adjust my climate control in park or in drive, guess I’ve never tried it in reverse. Maybe they want you paying attention to where you’re going while backing up.

louibluey

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE "Louibluey" GB
Occupation
retired
Country flag
There is a thread on here With a couple suggestions for a slightly longer rear blade. I can adjust my climate control in park or in drive, guess I’ve never tried it in reverse. Maybe they want you paying attention to where you’re going while backing up.
@Murse-In-Airy is just being modest, he solved the problem of the rear wiper! Now, there are two options, See: Rear wiper blade - longer replacement?

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Yeah, the HVAC controls don't work while in Reverse. I recommend making your adjustments while you're still in Park or waiting until you've finished backing out of your driveway (not that you have a choice).

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
It is a nanny thing where it won't let you fiddle with the climate control while reversing.

As a frequent runner, I can't tell you how many times I've seen people put their car in reverse, start reversing, stop almost immediately (or maybe not move at all after putting it in reverse), start messing with something in their car, and start backing up again 30 seconds later without looking because, why would they, they looked 30 seconds ago when they first started reversing and it was all clear then and they were already late, and now they are really late because they had to do this thing for 30 seconds so no time to look again.

Anyway, chalk it up to some people not knowing how to reverse resulting in big brother features like this being implemented for everyone.

OP
OP

GJG-Mach-E

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
When I had cars with actual physical buttons, adjusting these things in my driveway, in reverse, didn't seem all that hard. :)

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Almost everything is disabled while in reverse so you can focus on backing up.
Honestly this is extremely frustrating *because* they put the charge port on the front, meaning I have to pull into my garage instead of backing in as I have always done, so I have to pause backing down the driveway, press the button, wait for the garage door to close, and I hate having to pop back into Drive just to adjust things during the seconds where I'm waiting for the door to close. I hope they get rid of this lock-out and let me turn the heated seats on while I'm waiting for the garage door to close.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Honestly this is extremely frustrating *because* they put the charge port on the front, meaning I have to pull into my garage instead of backing in as I have always done, so I have to pause backing down the driveway, press the button, wait for the garage door to close, and I hate having to pop back into Drive just to adjust things during the seconds where I'm waiting for the door to close. I hope they get rid of this lock-out and let me turn the heated seats on while I'm waiting for the garage door to close.
Why do you have to wait for the garage door to close? Are you afraid it might pop back open?

jlauro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue AWD ER Mach-E
Country flag
It does seem odd (overly paranoid) that it would stay in nanny mode if you have your foot on the break with gear in reverse.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
As a frequent runner, I can't tell you how many times I've seen people put their car in reverse, start reversing, stop almost immediately (or maybe not move at all after putting it in reverse), start messing with something in their car, and start backing up again 30 seconds later without looking because, why would they, they looked 30 seconds ago when they first started reversing and it was all clear then and they were already late, and now they are really late because they had to do this thing for 30 seconds so no time to look
Yeah as a runner you become familiar with about every form of inattentive driving. I don’t run in front of vehicles stopped at a light unless I’ve made eye contact with them. The worst are the ladies that wait until they get in the car to apply their makeup in the vanity mirror. I’ve had this talk with the boss. Why not do that before leaving the house? Well apparently the vanity mirror is just really great for some reason.