Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
As I'm backing down my driveway in Reverse (R), it will not let me adjust these controls. Is this a bug or a feature?
I haven't read the whole thread, but my 2015 mustang was the same way - once it puts the backup camera on the screen it locks out the radio and environmental controls. It's probably a safety feature; if you're backing up you shouldn't also be messing with the radio or climate controls

OP
OP

GJG-Mach-E

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I get that they think it is a safety feature, but when I come to a complete stop on my driveway while still in reverse to adjust controls, I kind of want the controls to work. My garage door used to occasionally bounce back open after it closed. While I fixed that issue, I'm still in the habit of waiting for the door to close before leaving my drive. I'm sure a few weeks from now I will have retrained my muscle memory to do things the nanny-approved way. :)
Overall this car is fantastic. I've had a lot of nice German-made cars and this is my first American car in over 30 years. Ford knocked it out of the park with the Mach-E.
Sponsored