New Owner - tools needed to remove frunk divider?

WFU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium ER AWD; 2020 Chevy Bolt
Country flag
Hi all,

I've seen the frunk dividers removed on youtube videos, but are there any recommended tools that cause the least amount of damage to the plastic tub? I'd prefer not to rip them out using brute force and create a gaping hole where the plugs used to be.
Sponsored

OP
OP

WFU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks both!

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Hi all,

I've seen the frunk dividers removed on youtube videos, but are there any recommended tools that cause the least amount of damage to the plastic tub? I'd prefer not to rip them out using brute force and create a gaping hole where the plugs used to be.
All you need is a medium sized flat head screwdriver and your hands. Put the driver head into the slot, give a gentle twist. That will lift up the head and you can easily pull it out. If the bottom part doesn’t come out just give it a gentle wiggle with your fingers or gently pry it up with the screwdriver.

I took mine out in less than 5 minutes with no damage. After it was out just put the plugs into the holes and push it top part back in. Super easy.

jrstinkfish

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I bought a "Trim and Molding Tool Set" from Harbor Freight for around $6, took maybe 5 minutes to remove and the place the plastic bolts back into the holes.

Colorider

First Name
Kristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD
Country flag
I have done the screwdriver thing before with a lot of fighting and some breaking on my Honda so I bought the tool. It was $$ well spent—super easy!

Texas-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
OP
OP

WFU03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It turns out my handy neighbor was interested in looking at the car. I showed him the car and when I got to the front trunk, I mentioned that I was going to take out the divider, but I wasn't sure on the tool. He came back with an appropriate sized screwdriver and carefully popped them all out in about 5 minutes.

That's one way to solve the problem I guess!

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
It turns out my handy neighbor was interested in looking at the car. I showed him the car and when I got to the front trunk, I mentioned that I was going to take out the divider, but I wasn't sure on the tool. He came back with an appropriate sized screwdriver and carefully popped them all out in about 5 minutes.

That's one way to solve the problem I guess!
Glad to hear it went well! If my neighbor showed up with a screwdriver and headed my new car, well I am not sure I would have been calm... ?

I took out my dividers too - and used a kit from Amazon - the kit came in handy when I had to pop off some of the fairings to look inside (I thought I had a mouse - long story short - no mouse).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Glad to hear it went well! If my neighbor showed up with a screwdriver and headed my new car, well I am not sure I would have been calm... ?

I took out my dividers too - and used a kit from Amazon - the kit came in handy when I had to pop off some of the fairings to look inside (I thought I had a mouse - long story short - no mouse).
Here's the kit I bought from Amazon. It's overkill for the Frunk dividers but you'll be glad you have them the first time you have to remove the "luggage covers", those beauty panels around the Frunk that you need to remove to access the battery or charging lock release.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079SDN553/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Used my pocket knife to get purchase under the edge of the plastic rivets. Popped right out.

John_C

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium RWD Ext Range Infinite Blue 3/3/2021
Occupation
TV
Country flag
Hi all,

Bought this tool set for $6.99 on Amazon after watching the video. Removed the frunk dividers in about 15 minutes yesterday with no damage or marking to the car. It was a piece of cake.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07R44VJHN?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

frunk.jpg

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Flathead screwdriver is just fine - if you’re careful. Otherwise those little tool sets you can buy on Amazon will make it a bit easier.
Sponsored