New Paak Notifications

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
So today I visited my dealer (which had only like 10 cars on the lot. It was really sad) and had them install the SSM software update that is supposed to help with Paak functionality.

I also for the first time got a notification on my phone that said walk away lock was activated with Paak. Is this part of the new software on the car? Is anyone else getting these notifications?
Sponsored

Tron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach-E premium AWD STD - Infinite Blue
Country flag
I would like this notification.. hopefully it would come soon via OTA update.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I’ve been getting this notification for some time now. I think it’s been since I took my car to the dealer and had them apply all the patches and updates.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
I’ve been getting this notification for some time now. I think it’s been since I took my car to the dealer and had them apply all the patches and updates.
So it must be the new software on the car. Have you noticed is Paak works any better now?

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
So today I visited my dealer (which had only like 10 cars on the lot. It was really sad) and had them install the SSM software update that is supposed to help with Paak functionality.

I also for the first time got a notification on my phone that said walk away lock was activated with Paak. Is this part of the new software on the car? Is anyone else getting these notifications?
What exactly is SSM Software, and how long did it take, or how long did you have to wait for it to be installed? Did it seem to address any other fixes?

Thanks!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Yes, I get this too.

OP
OP
mpshizzle

mpshizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 4X
Country flag
What exactly is SSM Software, and how long did it take, or how long did you have to wait for it to be installed? Did it seem to address any other fixes?

Thanks!
An SSM is simply Ford's term for a service bulletin. I knew there was one addressing Paak from other members in this forum. Basically all the SSM said was to update a certain module (I forget which) to the latest software.

As far as how long it took... ?‍♂ Not totally sure. I also asked them to fix my recirculation door. It was squeaking.

Dropped it off at 9:00, my app told me they put it on the charger at 11:30 (I'm assuming that means it was done at that point?), they called at 4:30 to tell me it was done.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag

Thanks!
search posts for title "SSM" by @breeves002 as he seems to post them as they are released.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
An SSM is simply Ford's term for a service bulletin. I knew there was one addressing Paak from other members in this forum. Basically all the SSM said was to update a certain module (I forget which) to the latest software.

As far as how long it took... ?‍♂ Not totally sure. I also asked them to fix my recirculation door. It was squeaking.

Dropped it off at 9:00, my app told me they put it on the charger at 11:30 (I'm assuming that means it was done at that point?), they called at 4:30 to tell me it was done.
Ok, thanks! I hope that update gets pushed to the rest of us soon.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So it must be the new software on the car. Have you noticed is Paak works any better now?
Oh, it’s still flaky. Sometimes works (actually, usually works). Sometimes, it will turn the car on, then immediately report “no key detected”. Sometimes, no approach lighting, no cabin lighting when I open the doors, no instrument cluster or main screen welcome animation, but the car turns on. It’s always an adventure to see how the car will respond when I approach it ?

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, it’s still flaky. Sometimes works (actually, usually works). Sometimes, it will turn the car on, then immediately report “no key detected”. Sometimes, no approach lighting, no cabin lighting when I open the doors, no instrument cluster or main screen welcome animation, but the car turns on. It’s always an adventure to see how the car will respond when I approach it ?
Is it the same with an iPhone or an android phone? I wonder if it’s a Bluetooth issue with the phones timing out or something? Especially since the key fob seems to work 100% of the time. ?‍♂

J. Fragale

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Stinger GT2, 17 Vanderhall. 08 Sport Trac Adren
Occupation
Retired teacher
Country flag
Our phones haven"t been working as keys today as well. I keep refreshing and clearing it from phone. I'm beginning to think I'll just get a second fob and forget PAAK until ford gets it figured out.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Is it the same with an iPhone or an android phone? I wonder if it’s a Bluetooth issue with the phones timing out or something? Especially since the key fob seems to work 100% of the time. ?‍♂
I can’t speak to Android. I have an iPhone.