New software update (via dealer)

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
This is a feature that has been in other cars with Sync4 for a while. There wasn't any special programming that happened for this to be added to the MachE. For whatever reason, the initial build they are putting in our cars, is old enough that it doesn't include that feature.

The features of Sync are not really vehicle specific. Nothing sync related will really be handled by the MME team. All cars get the same basic sync software, and then a config file basically tells the software what features to enable or disable, depending on what features your car is capable of.
Right. So, for example, if your car has an interior motion sensor, Sync is configured to never allow you to turn it off.
Sponsored

GrisGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RR ER AWD
Country flag
As someone who does video production for a living, I wish people would learn how to use manual shutter speed and the proper frame rate so we don't have to deal with the massive screen flicker in their videos.
As someone who doesn't know the first thing about video production, I just wish people would turn their damn phone to landscape.

Last edited:

TruWrecks

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Star White Premium AWD Ext (Ghost Stallion)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
As someone who doesn't know the first thing about video production, I just wish people would turn their damn phone to landscape.
That should be basic knowledge by now. I always ask those people "Do you watch videos and movies on their phones like that?" They usually look at me dumbfounded.

Mathington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium SR AWD
Country flag
So I just got my Mach-E serviced at the dealership yesterday and they said that the car was already updated to the newest Sync version that they had access to, which is 252. The dealer did say that Ford mentions an over the air update is coming in August, so lets see if that is the case.

So it seems like the special version that EV&Chill has is USA only or they got early access due to the publicity that came from the problems they had.
Sponsored