Steeda Front Sway Bar! It is awesome. Transforms the car into what it should be.

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
If you are all serious about ordering ... might be worth checking the website this Friday - Sunday ... :)
Can't wait a forum bundle deal for front and rear!?!?

Are you getting more of the rear in stock soon?

Can you comment on the placement of the washer that is mentioned in this thread?
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can't wait a forum bundle deal for front and rear!?!?

Are you getting more of the rear in stock soon?

Can you comment on the placement of the washer that is mentioned in this thread?
I talked to Jamie at Steeda and he did verify the instructions had no mention of the four washers included in the kit. He said as far as he was concerned after looking over the actual parts in the kit, that neither the c-clamp bracket nor the end links should require washers. He told me I could use them in either place or not use them at all. He said the engineer that put the kit together (did not get his name) was out today but he would ask him tomorrow when he returns why he included washers in the kit.

I have always put washers behind bolts and the only bolts required in this kit are the four to secure the c-clamp bracket to the bushings and body. The brackets have elongated holes so the bolt would have a better surface area if it had a washer behind it, that is my reasoning. I could be wrong and maybe they do go behind the end links like Mike installed them. In either case, as I said earlier, Steeda told me they could go in either place.

On another note, Jamie told me they have been and are continuing to work on springs for the Mach-E. Unlike the sway bars which they design, test and manufacture in house, springs have to be made by and outside manufacturer and that is why it takes much longer for them to have them ready. These guys heavily test their designs and having to rely on other manufactures for parts takes much longer.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Thanks for the reviews… convinced me to buy the front and put on when I do the rear that’s still sitting in my garage taunting me... Waiting on my car to come back from HVBJB fix, not convinced I’ll ever get it back at this point!
Heya fellow Star City neighbor! I don't keep up with the forums nearly as much anymore, didn't realize you have the HVBJB issue, who's doing the warranty work for that? (Nevermind - I saw in the HVBJB thread you use Berglund, I may have to switch over to them for future service work. Magic City service has went to crap.) Hope they can get it fixed for you soon!

I'm looking more and more into these sway bars myself, so will curious to hear your thoughts on Roanoke roads if/when you get installed.

Last edited:

Z-one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mache GTPE
Country flag
I talked to Jamie at Steeda and he did verify the instructions had no mention of the four washers included in the kit. He said as far as he was concerned after looking over the actual parts in the kit, that neither the c-clamp bracket nor the end links should require washers. He told me I could use them in either place or not use them at all. He said the engineer that put the kit together (did not get his name) was out today but he would ask him tomorrow when he returns why he included washers in the kit.

I have always put washers behind bolts and the only bolts required in this kit are the four to secure the c-clamp bracket to the bushings and body. The brackets have elongated holes so the bolt would have a better surface area if it had a washer behind it, that is my reasoning. I could be wrong and maybe they do go behind the end links like Mike installed them. In either case, as I said earlier, Steeda told me they could go in either place.

On another note, Jamie told me they have been and are continuing to work on springs for the Mach-E. Unlike the sway bars which they design, test and manufacture in house, springs have to be made by and outside manufacturer and that is why it takes much longer for them to have them ready. These guys heavily test their designs and having to rely on other manufactures for parts takes much longer.
Interesting on the springs....for a GTPE would it help or cause issues with the magnaride?

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Interesting on the springs....for a GTPE would it help or cause issues with the magnaride?
Unless the spring specifications are wildly different from stock, the Magneride system should handle a rate and ride height change without issue. 😊🐩

@tj@steeda any plans on a set of camber plates? 😎🐩

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Heya fellow Star City neighbor! I don't keep up with the forums nearly as much anymore, didn't realize you have the HVBJB issue, who's doing the warranty work for that? (Nevermind - I saw in the HVBJB thread you use Berglund, I may have to switch over to them for future service work. Magic City service has went to crap.) Hope they can get it fixed for you soon!

I'm looking more and more into these sway bars myself, so will curious to hear your thoughts on Roanoke roads if/when you get installed.
I’m happy to help if you decide to move forward with either front or rear, I have a pretty nice garage although no lift (for now…). I’ll send a DM with info on the dealer and such that is working on my HVBJB.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't think changing the springs would have much to do with the MagneRide struts/shocks. I changed the springs on my Focus RS that had electronically adjustable shocks and also my GT500 that have MagneRide without any issues. I did this on both cars to lower them slightly and have a slightly higher spring rate.

The one thing I have mentioned before in a post here last year (don't remember which thread) was the advantage of dialing in your own custom program for the MagneRide which I did for both the Focus RS and GT500. On the Focus RS, the factory track setting was way too stiff and needed to be dialed back a bit. On the GT500, the normal setting was not soft enough and the track setting was not firm enough (sport setting was fine). This is all personal preference of course depending on how and where you drive.

I purchased shock controllers from DSC Sport (https://www.dscsport.com) to get the shocks dialed in just how I wanted them. They are plug and play controllers (replaces the OEM shock controller) and you can either have them custom make programs that you can upload to the controller or can download the program to adjust the parameters yourself. These units aren't cheap at $1500 but in my view very worth it to get the ride and handling the way you want it.

UNFORTUNATELY DSC Sport told me they will not be designing a controller for the Mach-E. I contacted them back in October when I purchased my GTPE and they told me they would not be making a controller for the car since they felt there wouldn't be a big market for it. I explained to them Ford would be selling many more GTPE Mach-E's than they did Focus RS's and GT500's but they just didn't think the Mach-E owner would want such an item. Then I pursued again in February and asked if they would reconsider and they asked for me to send in a photo of the OEM controller with the plug and wiring diagram. I took photos of the OEM controller (located under the rear underbody shield), connector and wiring and they told me it is nothing like the other Ford products they manufacture and would cost a minimum of $20K just to design the casing and connector.

I would really like to be able to dial in a stiffer setting for the unbridled drive mode as it is still too soft and allows the car to float in certain instances. Replacing the springs with higher spring rates (like Steeda is developing) would help, but I like being able to customize the MagneRide to my liking. It has been 6 months since I contacted DSC Sport and I am going to try again letting them know that Steeda has come out with sway bars and developing springs and KW Suspensions has come out with a coil over kit. Maybe they might reconsider?

Update: Just contacted Tom Chan of DSC Sport who I had talked to before and explained there might be more interest in their controllers now that there are many more GTPE's out there and other manufactures coming out with suspension components. I'll let you know what he says.

Last edited:

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
Thanks all for this thread. I'll take delivery of our Premium AWD in a couple months (9/26 build week) and have contacted a shop here locally about this as John, the owner, has expressed interest in working on EVs.

While I've worked on my motorcycles in the past, I will defer to my trusted mechanics to do this.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
@tj@steeda any plans on a set of camber plates? 😎🐩
Hey Steve, I've used Ground Control Suspension Systems (https://groundcontrolstore.com) adjustable camber plates in my Focus RS to get more negative camber (-2). In the Mach-E to get a bit more negative camber, I removed the OEM strut to wheel splined bolts and replaced with smooth bolts. This allows you to easily set a bit more negative camber. Probably not as much as you want but I only wanted around -1.4 which is what I got (my stock camber was -1.0). I could probably get a bit more if I enlarge the mounting holes a bit at the top strut mounting area.

I contacted them today to see if they had any plans on making an adjustable camber plate explaining that the top mounting is very similar to an S550 Mustang (looks almost like my GT500) and other manufactures are coming out with performance suspension parts for the Mach-E. They are less than 2 hours from me and told them I had no problem allowing them to take a look at my car and disassemble if necessary to check it out further. I will update when I hear from them.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Hello All:

I wanted to toss this out there - we are doing a swaybar install video next week - what key details would you like us to cover during the install? What would you like to see in general?

Would love & appreciate any feedback you can provide - I will get it compiled & send to our video team.

Thank you!

TJ
Please highlight where the 4 washers included in the kit are supposed to go.

I couldn't resist.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Please highlight where the 4 washers included in the kit are supposed to go.

I couldn't resist.
Yes, it has been two days now that I talked to Jamie at Steeda and he was going to talk to the engineer who put together the kit of parts to ask where those washers go as there in no mention of them in the instructions.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I will get this resolved - my apologies for the delay.

TJ
I’m sorry if my post came across as if I was upset it has taken this long. I should have worded it differently. I’ve already installed both bars so I’m not in a hurry but I know others here’s want to know.

JohnFoxeSheets

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
johnfoxesheets.com
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Silver Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Does anyone in the SF Bay Area know of a good shop that can do the front and rear swap bar installation? I had figured I'd go to our wheel shop that we've used for years, but it turns out they don't mod suspensions... :confused:
Sponsored