NEW TFL Video Mach-E Direct Comparison to Telsa

First Name
Poncho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang Convertible
Country flag
Generally favorable review (in the snow!). Some may recall that this YouTube Channel was blocked from getting a Mustang, when everyone else got one, because they leaked a Bronco photo early (I believe).

It was a bit annoying that they were comparing a Mustang that is in the $30Ks after tax credit with a Tesla that is over $50K without one. It is more than a red apples to green apples comparison that they mention in the video.

...Also, they did seem to have a problem with the artificial sound. Anyone know why?

Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW TFL Video Mach-E Direct Comparison to Telsa Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 12.20.22 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I thought from the thread title this might be a new one. But this is the same one that was posted here at least 3 times yesterday.

a Mustang that is in the $30Ks after tax credit
How do you figure it’s in the $30Ks? Are you including some pretty generous state credits?

OP
OP
Poncho Kornwallace
First Name
Poncho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Mustang Convertible
Country flag
I thought from the thread title this might be a new one. But this is the same one that was posted here at least 3 times yesterday.

How do you figure it’s in the $30Ks? Are you including some pretty generous state credits?
They talked about $7500 + $4000 in Colorado for Tax Credit.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
...Also, they did seem to have a problem with the artificial sound. Anyone know why?
Pre-production unit. Bugs were still being worked out and will be part of a raft of OTA updates the cars will get at delivery.

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
Generally favorable review (in the snow!). Some may recall that this YouTube Channel was blocked from getting a Mustang, when everyone else got one, because they leaked a Bronco photo early (I believe).

It was a bit annoying that they were comparing a Mustang that is in the $30Ks after tax credit with a Tesla that is over $50K without one. It is more than a red apples to green apples comparison that they mention in the video.

Good info, thanks for posting.

I didn't realize the Model Y had a power adjustable steering column. Tesla doesn't list it on their web page, but I did find it in the owners manual.

A power steering column is one cost cutting moves on the Mach I don't like.

The other cost cutting move is the limited movement of the power seats. The Model Y has a full 12 way power adjustable seat, but the Mach cuts out the tilting function and the up/down power lumbar adjustment, so I guess it's considered an 8 way power adjustable seat.

The lag they experienced with Sync 4 is similar to the lag I've experienced in the production 2021 F-150s. It's laggy is some screens but not in others. The lag is not that bad in most screens but it does lack the crisp and snappy feel of an iPhone or a Tesla.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wouldn‘t the Tesla qualify for state tax credits as well?
Yes.

FWIW, it's now $2500 for 2021/22. Was $4000 for 2020, and $5000 before that. And I think it drops to $2000 for 2023+. Regardless of manufacturer.

So the only real difference is the $7500 federal one. Which really works out to ~$7000 net difference when sales tax is factored on. We pay sales tax on the purchase price before the federal tax credit, meaning we pay it on that $7500. Usually in the 7-8% where most people live in the state (although for some it's only 2.9%).
Sponsored