New Tire Suggestions for 2022 MME GT Performance Edition?

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So ive been looking online as well as been to a couple tire shops after the latest nail in my tire. I have a 2022 MME GT Performance Edition with about 28k on it and the stock Pirelli's have little tread left where one Tire shop wouldn't repair the tire. So i'm in the market to buy new tires and soon but not sure what to get. I feel with my driving that the OEM Pirelli's should have lasted longer than this. I don't have much of a commute for work and with the exception of the occassional trip to southern california most of my driving is in town. I live In northern california and don't get a terrible winter but last year we did get quite a bit of rain. I'm assuming i want allweather tires. My goal is to hopefully keep the same range that i'm getting now so not looking for anything too crazy with the tire. One shop recommended Michelin and looking online at varios tire places have a few options but wonder what some people on here might recommend. Thanks
I took the summer tires off and replaced them with michelin sport pilot as4 xl. All season that has preformed well in snow rain and dry. Very good tires. Go to tire rack to check out recommended ev tires.
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Can you dead hook flooring it from a stop? I haven’t been able to do that since it was new.
I think the OEM tire size is a little too narrow to dead hook. I run wider tires and don't have an issue hooking up. While I didn't try it on every tire I've tested, the few I did, would either dead hook or give me a slight chirp like the all seasons I am running right now.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So ive been looking online as well as been to a couple tire shops after the latest nail in my tire. I have a 2022 MME GT Performance Edition with about 28k on it and the stock Pirelli's have little tread left where one Tire shop wouldn't repair the tire. So i'm in the market to buy new tires and soon but not sure what to get. I feel with my driving that the OEM Pirelli's should have lasted longer than this. I don't have much of a commute for work and with the exception of the occassional trip to southern california most of my driving is in town. I live In northern california and don't get a terrible winter but last year we did get quite a bit of rain. I'm assuming i want allweather tires. My goal is to hopefully keep the same range that i'm getting now so not looking for anything too crazy with the tire. One shop recommended Michelin and looking online at varios tire places have a few options but wonder what some people on here might recommend. Thanks
Terin, you mentioned above you would like to keep the same range and an EV specific tire would be your best bet for that. I've tested quite a few tires and the only one that came close to the range I should be getting was EV specific. I can't say they are all designed for low rolling resistance but I would think they should be better in that respect to a non EV tire. Earlier this year I put together a list of EV specific tires available in the 19" and 20" Mach-E OEM tire sizes, plus one size larger.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/tire-suggestions.28543/page-3#post-653387

OP
OP

Talbritt2199

First Name
Terin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang mach e gt performance edition
Country flag
Thank you all for the advice and suggestions. I decided to go with the Pirelli P Zero Elect, had them put on yesterday. Almost forgot how quiet the car can be as well as the stopping distance on new tires :) They have a 50k warranty on them where if they go bad before that the difference is credited towards a new set.

Thanks again everyone, appreciate it.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you all for the advice and suggestions. I decided to go with the Pirelli P Zero Elect, had them put on yesterday. Almost forgot how quiet the car can be as well as the stopping distance on new tires :) They have a 50k warranty on them where if they go bad before that the difference is credited towards a new set.

You got the P Zero All Season Plus ELECT, correct?

highland58

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
I replaced my tires on the GTPE with the CrossClimate2's. Honestly I love the way they make the car handle and they are winter rated. After 20k miles they also looked brand new still and had great tread wear. A lot of people on the forum have gone with CC2's. I would highly recommend.

1701892667018.png

PXL_20221023_215644882.MP.jpg
I have 18k miles on my GT with the CC2s, very little treadwear. They do reduce the range a bit, but worth it for the improved performance.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’m happy with my hankook ion evo tires on my GTPE. The only other tire I considered were the A/S version of the pirelli tires that came with the car. I regularly use my full range and return home with 10% charge after visiting family so range loss would add a charging stop.
I just replaced my original Michelin Primacy's (47k miles) with the Hankook's. They seem very similar, but a bit quieter.

I don't have a PE though, just an AWD ER First Edition. And I don't drive it like a sports car, or drive dirt roads. Mostly highway driving. I still had 4/32nds on the originals and could have gone a bit further, but I like to time new tires for winter and I don't think I could have made it another full year.

Last edited:

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag

Have you tried them on grooved pavement by chance? The stock Pirellis didn't wander so hoping the AS don't as well.

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Just ordered the P Zero All Season Plus ELECT 245/45 R20 (stock size) from TireRack.com. There's a rebate right now. Getting installed next Tuesday and crossing fingers no wandering on our wonderful California grooved pavement... The stock tires were stable as heck.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Just ordered the P Zero All Season Plus ELECT 245/45 R20 (stock size) from TireRack.com. There's a rebate right now. Getting installed next Tuesday and crossing fingers no wandering on our wonderful California grooved pavement... The stock tires were stable as heck.
Highway stability is hard to tell from the tread pattern. Generally each premium tire manufacture has their own signature of how they like a tire to drive and ride. The UHP summers like the stock tires are typically more stable, more precise and have a heavier feel. Post your feedback on how this compares to the last set once you get them installed.

jmatero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT-P
Country flag
Update: P Zero All Season Plus ELECT 245/45 R20 were installed yesterday.
  1. First thing I noticed was steering effort noticeably reduced in all drive modes.
  2. Really takes the edge off bumps and road imperfections.
  3. Very slight (almost unnoticeable) wandering on grooved highways.
  4. I have the GTP so the dampers adjust in each ride mode - in Whisper, the ride is almost plush.
  5. The BOING/THUNK sound that people claimed was axel clunk when wheel was turned fully is gone.

Larry Paul

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME-GTPE, Sunbeam Tiger w1970 Boss302, 2002Rav4EV
Country flag
Update: P Zero All Season Plus ELECT 245/45 R20 were installed yesterday.
  1. First thing I noticed was steering effort noticeably reduced in all drive modes.
  2. Really takes the edge off bumps and road imperfections.
  3. Very slight (almost unnoticeable) wandering on grooved highways.
  4. I have the GTP so the dampers adjust in each ride mode - in Whisper, the ride is almost plush.
  5. The BOING/THUNK sound that people claimed was axel clunk when wheel was turned fully is gone.
Excellent...

Thank you. How does the handling or braking feel in comparison?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
the wet grip of the Pirelli elects has me concerned...some folks said it's really poor.

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
the wet grip of the Pirelli elects has me concerned...some folks said it's really poor.
Depends what you are comparing them too considering the factory Pirelli summer only tires are not great in the wet.
Sponsored