New to OBD II stuff. Have some questions about possible error codes?

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
So with the recall going on, I figure it was smart to invest in an OBD II dongle and car scanner. Especially so I can look up any diagnostic codes that pop up. Decided one of the first things I should do is see how I would go about scanning/looking at diagnostic codes that car is throwing. So I clicked Diagnostic trouble codes on Carscanner, expecting nothing to show up but just to see what the menus look like.

But I instead got a bit of a list of things show up on carscanner. I'm wondering if someone could help translate some of the stuff for me into something I can better understand.

The stuff that says inactive I kinda assume I don't have to worry much about? I'm assuming it may have thrown an error at some point but then corrected itself or whatever. But the ones that say "Status: Test failed (current drive cycle), Pending, Confirmed" kinda concern me.

I haven't cleared anything and I don't get any errors on my dash when starting the car. I think once or twice I've gotten a notification that my rear brake assist is temporarily unavailable. But that went away after either a powercycle or just some time. I kinda always assumed that was just from starting the car and putting it into gear fast before the sync stuff could fully boot up or whatever.

But yea, I don't have to bring my baby in for service, right?

Thanks all.
Sponsored

Attachments

WyldStallyn

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GTPE
Country flag
But yea, I don't have to bring my baby in for service, right?

Thanks all.
It’s normal to have one or more DTC’s. You can generally ignore them unless you are having some issues with the car in which case they may be helpful. You do have quite the list of updates and each of your modules with a DTC has an update available.

OP
OP
veronicablack

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s normal to have one or more DTC’s. You can generally ignore them unless you are having some issues with the car in which case they may be helpful. You do have quite the list of updates and each of your modules with a DTC has an update available.
Word thanks. And lol woops didn't realize my vin was in that file. Guess it's not super sensitive info or anything but I feel like I should've noticed that.

Hoping I can get some updates flowing soon. Dang Job 2 2021 car. I think so far I've only gotten a BlueCruise map update.

Glad to hear there's some updates in my future. Thanks again!

RidingwithScotty

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD SR aka Scotty
Country flag
@veronicablack Which OBD II dongle did you end up purchasing if you don’t mind me asking? I’m thinking I should invest in one for Scotty. Thank you!

OP
OP
veronicablack

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XGB4873?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_ud_dp_63PN205AQVAJ28WTKR4R

ended up searching the forum for obd ii and saw someone else mention this one so I figured screw it I’ll roll the dice for 30ish bucks. So far so good!
I have been using that one with the Carscanner app for a couple months now and have been happy with it. Just be sure to disconnect it in the app so that it does not keep you car awake and drain the LVB. Good luck with it
Sponsored