Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
This is an OBCC update (DC charging communication module) that brings software up to LJ98-14G684-AP.

This will not change the charging curve or speed, it only fixes the way the car talks to DC charging stations to avoid DCFC errors with some types of stations.
Thank you for that.
Sponsored

Deleted member 16048

This is an OBCC update (DC charging communication module) that brings software up to LJ98-14G684-AP.

This will not change the charging curve or speed, it only fixes the way the car talks to DC charging stations to avoid DCFC errors with some types of stations.
What module contains the charging curve data? Glad that at least co,umication is being updated. Hopefully this will improve speed by efficiency so that the handshake doesn't take forever on occasions.

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
Do you know if this fixes the “reconnecting to vehicle” loop at the new EA stations? It would be nice if I didn’t need to schedule a trip to the dealer to get that sorted out.
I went from LJ98-14G684-AM to LJ98-14G684-AP last December. On a trip last week, I had the "reconnecting to vehicle" loop problem at the EA Walmart Cheektowaga NY location on one of the new single connector chargers. These appear to be installed in November and were not there in September. Another non-Ford vehicle had no problem with the same charger I tried to use.

I had no problem charging at the EA Chicopee Marketplace Chicopee MA location on one of the new single connector chargers. These were installed in September and I was able to charge in September and recently.

Both locations appear to have the same style charger.

BeeStang

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach Ex Premium, cyber orange
Occupation
CEO
Country flag
Same. Got 4.2.6 last night and the priority update scheduled for tonight.
Makes me wonder if there’s a bug in 4.2.6 they just uncovered (the point of EA!)
That would make a lot of sense to me, since I had the previous version loaded, and then dealt with two botched EA charges on a Sunday roadtrip, described in this post: EA Charge Fault- A Better Helpline...? Not exactly eager to test it out after Sunday's debacle.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Updated!
Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW UPDATE ALERT!!! Ford Power-Up: Improved DC Fast Charging IMG_5438

I noticed in the list of precondition for an inhibit update “12V battery charge is not too low.” was added. I went back and found that showed up on 4.2.3, the previous inhibit update 3.6.2 didn’t list this.
That’s good they are telling people that the 12v SOC could cause install problems, but, THEY DONT GIVE YOU ANY WAY TO CHECK THE 12V BATTERY!!!!

Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to tell their customers to check something they can’t check.

I mean I know WE can check it, but the average user has no idea how to do what we do.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Well, looks like not charging is a precondition that must be met for OTA to install. Charging paused at 1AM when the OTA tried to install, but it didn't install due to preconditions not being met and resumed charging. There was no failed message in FordPass. The car was charging the preceding 4 hours, so the 12V being low would not have been the issue. Recommend staying unplugged when trying to install OTAs.

Ford Mustang Mach-E NEW UPDATE ALERT!!! Ford Power-Up: Improved DC Fast Charging Screen Shot 2023-05-25 at 12.15.23 PM

What module contains the charging curve data? Glad that at least co,umication is being updated. Hopefully this will improve speed by efficiency so that the handshake doesn't take forever on occasions.
The charge curve is controlled by the BECM, which would have last been updated in the 4.2.6 OTA.

Deleted member 16048

Well, looks like not charging is a precondition that must be met for OTA to install. Charging paused at 1AM when the OTA tried to install, but it didn't install due to preconditions not being met and resumed charging. There was no failed message in FordPass. The car was charging the preceding 4 hours, so the 12V being low would not have been the issue. Recommend staying unplugged when trying to install OTAs.
This OTA I was plugged in for the update. Installed just fine when I started it manually instead of waiting for the schedule. I did see it stop charging, but shows "Waiting to charge" in FordPass. After the update finished it started charging again.

Still waiting for 4.2.6 to come through. Haven't looked to see if it's queued yet though either.

mikeinet

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Standard AWD Tech/Comfort
Occupation
Cyber Security, First Responder
Country flag
Did some L3 charging today. Somehow my plug & play became disabled which baffled me for about 10 minutes as I couldn’t figure out why EA kept asking me for payment.

Started at 50%

50-55% 110kw
60% 83kw
65% 80kw
69% 70kwh
74% 67kwh
76% 62kwh
78% 59kwh
80% 33kwh

17min 50%-80%

(‘21 Select)

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Deleted member 16048

Yeah as far as i can tell, unless it installed both and didn’t notify me on 4.2.6
Same here, not sure if anything else is queued either. Since this looked like a priority update, I could see it going out before 4.2.6 on more vehicles.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
it only fixes the way the car talks to DC charging stations to avoid DCFC errors with some types of stations
This is correct, this update is to address an intermittent communication issue with a specific make and model of DCFC unit.

bbulkow

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Porsche Cayman S
Country flag
They said exactly what they’re doing, they “tweaked” it for reliability and performance.

In video game speak, it’s code for a “nerf.”

If it was good news, they would brag about it more.
Solid point the tweak may be a nerf otherwise they'd brag... although Ford doesn't seem to brag much about these minor software updates.

As a point of order for those non-gamer speakers, to "nerf" is to make it weaker and less powerful, lesser. Games nerf capabilities to improve gameplay, if a particular attack or defense or weapon is creating unbalanced gameplay.

To "tweak" is to make it more something.

Eg, a reliability tweak may nerf charging speed.

Eg, that tweak is probably a nerf otherwise they'd pimp it more

:)
Sponsored