First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E FE Blue Grabber, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Hi all,
So using the website, BB Wheels I was able to upload an image of my Rapid Red Mach-E and look at several options for new wheels virtually. I want to get new wheels that are more matte black then the OEM wheels that come with the car. I am not sure if the OEM wheels will look good powder coated but I am still considering doing that instead. I made this document with the options I am looking at and wanted to get some feedback. Hopefully this isn't going to totally kill my range but I am willing to lose 10% in range to get some SWEET LOOKING wheels.
Besides getting some feedback, what are the pros/cons to go from 19" wheels to 20" wheels?
Do you think it will make a visible difference? If it does, I am assuming going to 20" wheels will have a greater effect to range than new 19" wheels.
Thoughts?
Sponsored

Attachments

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I like the first two wheels but without the red trim on the second one.

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
Hi all,
So using the website, BB Wheels I was able to upload an image of my Rapid Red Mach-E and look at several options for new wheels virtually. I want to get new wheels that are more matte black then the OEM wheels that come with the car. I am not sure if the OEM wheels will look good powder coated but I am still considering doing that instead. I made this document with the options I am looking at and wanted to get some feedback. Hopefully this isn't going to totally kill my range but I am willing to lose 10% in range to get some SWEET LOOKING wheels.
Besides getting some feedback, what are the pros/cons to go from 19" wheels to 20" wheels?
Do you think it will make a visible difference? If it does, I am assuming going to 20" wheels will have a greater effect to range than new 19" wheels.
Thoughts?
I like the p3a and p4b

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Petrol P3A (first ones) I like the best. I would love the second one if it didn’t have the red lip. That comes off a bit racer boy to me and the Mach E is too classy for that

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
Why are you going with black? Must be a generational thing. I prefer chrome. (I'm 62)

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am 66 and I am going with black for my Mach E. For me it depends on the car/truck. My Escape and F150 I put on bright aluminum wheels. My Focus RS and GT500, black wheels. The Mach E I am getting in Infinite Blue, I can go either way but decided to go with black.

jeffdawgfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang MachE AWD ER, 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Occupation
Retired Navy / Veterans Administration
Country flag
The old saying "Different Strokes For Different Folks". It seems to me that black wheels tend to be used more by the younger generations. That's fine. Sometimes though they just do not look good on some vehicles. My Stepson put them on his brand new Toyota 4-Runner and just ruined the good looks of the vehicle...IMO. I think they might look good on the GT version in certain colors...but not in others.

rgparham

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
acura mdx/rdx/4runner/ ford mach e awd premium
Country flag
a lot of people choose black wheels so that brake dust doesn't show as easily.

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Why are you going with black? Must be a generational thing. I prefer chrome. (I'm 62)
Black is in chrome is out ?. Just kidding. Personal preference.

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am 66 and I am going with black for my Mach E. For me it depends on the car/truck. My Escape and F150 I put on bright aluminum wheels. My Focus RS and GT500, black wheels. The Mach E I am getting in Infinite Blue, I can go either way but decided to go with black.
Which wheels are you thinking about getting?

OP
OP
Brademcee

Brademcee

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
a lot of people choose black wheels so that brake dust doesn't show as easily.
Shouldn’t be an issue with EVs for brake dust be I just like the look of black wheels with this car. I really like the Model Y performance 21” wheels but I can’t find those in an5x108 with an offset of at least 40.

50 Deep

First Name
Terrance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
20 GT500, 17 GT350R, 15 GT3, 00 Lightning, 91 Fox
Occupation
Wheel Whore
Country flag

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Which wheels are you thinking about getting?
I ordered Signature Wheels SV706 in gloss black. I posted a photo of them and a crappy Photoshop photo of them on the car in this post #23 a couple of weeks ago. I won't have my Mach E until around the middle of March however since it takes about 5 weeks from the time of order to when they are delivered to your door, I wanted to get going on this.

Sobeer

First Name
TIM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 FE MME
Country flag
Hi all,
Thoughts?
I like the TR60..
reminds me of RedLine Hot Wheels.
Sponsored