Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME AWD EXT, 2013 Yamaha Stryker
Occupation
IT Systems Architect
Country flag
I just completed a 3 day trip and was able to fully charge at my hotel's "Tesla Destination Charger" using the TeslaTap 60Amp adapter

It worked perfectly.
I see that TeslaTap now has an 80A version available. Any reason to go with a 60A vs a 80A model?

I’m not very familiar with the E-pony limits.
Sponsored

Yamifromiami

First Name
Yamile
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang MachE Premium AWD ext battery
Country flag
I was able to charge at a Tesla destination charger in a parking garage in Naples, Fl. using my lectron adapter. Charged to 100% for free before my drive back to Miami. ?❤

Sam2084

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 CR-V, E4X Ordered
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I see that TeslaTap now has an 80A version available. Any reason to go with a 60A vs a 80A model?

No reason to go with 80A version. The MME can charge at a max of 48A @240VAC.

NormF

First Name
Norm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, Mach-E GT, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Do you find that it's really useful having one on hand, or have you found that there are enough L3/L2 chargers around your destinations that you really haven't needed it much?
I have found that there are often more Tesla Destination chargers at hotels than other level 2 chargers, therefore it is useful to carry the adapter. Because Tesla was first to market, and liberally did deals with hotels they are the most prominent.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Curious... Can Teslas charge at EA and other non-Tesla superchargers? Do they have an adapter to use other superchargers?
There are no supercharger stations in Hawaii. I see the Tesla’s at our local Greenlots stations using CHADEMO and an adapter. That’s rather limiting speed wise, except out here where everything is 50 kW.

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag

If you're thinking you might someday buy the F-150 Lightning ... and you want to be able to share the adapter, then yes. (The F-150 Lightning has dual on-board chargers ... combined they can pull 80 amps).

The Mach-E has a single on-board charger with a max of 48 amps. So the 50 amp version would be sufficient.
Sponsored