Joshellard24

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang Mach e
Country flag
2022 Mach E Select. Built in Oct 2020 (after this hardware issue was supposedly fixed). 7K miles. Anyone else had this issue? Dealer claims a couple of weeks before it can even be seen.

8F7A63D9-E324-427F-A3CB-EDCF672FE48C.png

86D340B5-6EA4-4BB2-B835-2F03E6963FA9.png

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Welcome, you are in the right place. Type HVBJB in the search box, check search titles, and start reading. Good luck.

OP
OP

Joshellard24

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang Mach e
Country flag
October 2022 build*

OP
OP

Joshellard24

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang Mach e
Country flag
Welcome, you are in the right place. Type HVBJB in the search box, check search titles, and start reading. Good luck.
I have. But everything I’ve read says my model should have the newer hardware because of the build date?

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Correct.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
I have. But everything I’ve read says my model should have the newer hardware because of the build date?
True, but there have been some failures with the new part. There are other reasons for that alert. Only way to be sure is to read the DTCs with an OBD scanner. Someone with FDRS access may be able to connect to you car and check codes.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
2022 Mach E Select. Built in Oct 2020 (after this hardware issue was supposedly fixed). 7K miles. Anyone else had this issue? Dealer claims a couple of weeks before it can even be seen.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Newer Mach E High Voltage Battery Warning 86D340B5-6EA4-4BB2-B835-2F03E6963FA9

Ford Mustang Mach-E Newer Mach E High Voltage Battery Warning 86D340B5-6EA4-4BB2-B835-2F03E6963FA9
And what did you do right before it happened? Charge?

Vulnox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat PB, 2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Okay, again, not one of those messages says HVBJB, so there is zero reason to believe it's the new junction box or the same type of failure just because you got two generic messages that are the equivalent of "Check Engine", it can be many things.

I don't say this as some outright defense of Ford or that issue, but so far we have had a few threads where people go "Oh man, new junction box doesn't fix the issue either" because they got generic messages. When we start actually getting people who go to the dealer and are told welded contactors were the cause, then we can start to see if Ford maybe didn't fully resolve the issue.

Edit:
As an example, here is a recent thread where someone got the same messages, and a bunch of the usual folks were claiming HVBJB, and it ended up being a fault caused by their EVSE.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/highvoltage-battery-warning.26536/page-3#post-618456

We don't help anyone by just jumping to conclusions, and it scares away those that may be looking at the MME, which early issues aside, seems to be pretty solid for late 2022 and so far 2023 owners.

OP
OP

Joshellard24

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang Mach e
Country flag
I was on a slow charger when it happened. Dash cluster flashed yellow and said to “service vehicle soon”. Vehicle stopped charging and gave a red ring. Attempted unplug and plug back in a few times. No success.
I drove the vehicle to the dealership right after. Before I talked with anyone I tried their slow charger with the same result. They did their scans on it with no positive result. Dealership is telling me it will be a couple of weeks before they have the man power to do anything more in depth.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I was on a slow charger when it happened. Dash cluster flashed yellow and said to “service vehicle soon”. Vehicle stopped charging and gave a red ring. Attempted unplug and plug back in a few times. No success.
I drove the vehicle to the dealership right after. Before I talked with anyone I tried their slow charger with the same result. They did their scans on it with no positive result. Dealership is telling me it will be a couple of weeks before they have the man power to do anything more in depth.
Wait 15 minutes between plug attempts for it to reset. What brand of EVSE are you using?

The guy in that other topic has the same faults caused by an Autel EVSE.

OP
OP

Joshellard24

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang Mach e
Country flag
This was a free charge point charger at a city park.

it took about 30 minutes to get to the dealership from the park, where I plugged up again to check for charge.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
This was a free charge point charger at a city park.

it took about 30 minutes to get to the dealership from the park, where I plugged up again to check for charge.
Vehicle must be completely OFF during the 15 minute reset period. Since you drove it, it did not reset.

Turn off > Unplug > Wait 15 min > try again

OP
OP

Joshellard24

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang Mach e
Country flag
I started driving the Mach e full time for work about a month ago. I drive a lot in my job and have used DC fast charger at electrify America 2X a day for three days a week over the past month. My issue did start while connected to a slow charger, but I wonder if my frequent DC fast charge use had an effect?

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I started driving the Mach e full time for work about a month ago. I drive a lot in my job and have used DC fast charger at electrify America 2X a day for three days a week over the past month. My issue did start while connected to a slow charger, but I wonder if my frequent DC fast charge use had an effect?
No, it looks like there is an issue with the Mach-E being incompatible with certain L2 EVSEs causing the powertrain faults you received.

OP
OP

Joshellard24

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mustang Mach e
Country flag
Vehicle must be completely OFF during the 15 minute reset period. Since you drove it, it did not reset.

Turn off > Unplug > Wait 15 min > try again
It was completely off for at least 30 minutes while I waited to get help in the service department. It was still showing the issues when they scanned/ I cleared out my stuff.
Sponsored