Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
After sending an inquiry as to why National Grid didn’t offer any incentives for residential EV owners, I received this reply:

Thank you for your interest in electric vehicle programs aimed at reducing drivers’ electric vehicle costs and increasing the efficiency and reliability of the power grid. We are finalizing an expanded program to offer a rebate for EV drivers that charge their EV daily at off-peak times in National Grid territory. This program is scheduled to be launched in the fall of 2021. Your email address has been placed on a mailing list for future residential EV program opportunities.

National Grid recently launched a demand response program for EVs to help with the summer days where demand for electricity is high: https://www.nationalgridus.com/MA-Home/Connected-Solutions/EV-and-PHEV-Program.

Please note that you may participate in only one of the above mentioned programs.

Thank You,
National Grid EV Programs
Sponsored

seanmme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silver Mach-E Premium AWD Std Range
Country flag
I tried signing up through that link, which has an option for Ford vehicles...but then when you click through it says 'coming soon' for any Ford vehicle that uses FordPass. It looks like its only set up for some of the older ford plug-in hybrids

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
@oadesign Thanks for the heads up! It was annoying to see that NG didn’t offer any incentives for EVs. This seems small, but at least it’s something.

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Eversource does the same thing, but you need a networked EVSE to collect on the incentive. Over 3 years you get a $300 kick back.

https://www.eversource.com/content/.../electric-vehicles/ev-charger-demand-response
I suppose that is better than nothing, but they should be rolling out an ongoing incentive with a time-of-use discount, and/or a remote connection they can throttle during periods of high demand. Eversource has this for smart thermostats in the summertime.

The charger I bought was $300 less than the ones they are offering a rebate on. So... makes sense to just buy the charger outright and skip the rebate the way it stands right now.

OP
OP
oadesign

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag
I suppose that is better than nothing, but they should be rolling out an ongoing incentive with a time-of-use discount, and/or a remote connection they can throttle during periods of high demand. Eversource has this for smart thermostats in the summertime.

The charger I bought was $300 less than the ones they are offering a rebate on. So... makes sense to just buy the charger outright and skip the rebate the way it stands right now.
National Grid also has the summer throttle for my Ecobee thermostat
Sponsored