Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag

In general a pretty good review, but he ding's Ford for the back cover using brackets. Sandy goes off saying that it's a sign of engineering teams not communicating, but he really has no evidence of this. It could also be that engineering a hump in the sheet metal would be more expensive to do, would offer less stability in the metal, or a number of other reasons. Of course, he bitches about fasteners. But all that does is make it clear that he never has to factor in servicing and re-assembly after that.

I hope others don't mind me posting these here. Personally, I find the details fascinating.
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I’ll watch it this afternoon. I think the videos he does are of questionable editorial value, but seeing what is beneath or behind everything makes wading through the videos worth the time imo.

Maybe we could dub his commentary for laughs, or give it the old MST3000 treatment.

duneii

First Name
Siri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Pacifica Plug-in '18, Mach E LR AWD-order
Country flag
The videos are useful for me to see what is under the covers so to say.

That said, as the company's job is to find areas for improvement, they are always looking for areas to suggest (right or wrong) to improve. I mean that is what consultants are paid to do... And good companies take that just as it is... Input and nothing more.

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
1. I think the videos he does are of questionable editorial value

2. Maybe we could dub his commentary for laughs, or give it the old MST3000 treatment.
1. Mute makes these videos perfect!

2. Bad Lip Reading treatment would be hilarious.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag

In general a pretty good review, but he ding's Ford for the back cover using brackets. Sandy goes off saying that it's a sign of engineering teams not communicating, but he really has no evidence of this. It could also be that engineering a hump in the sheet metal would be more expensive to do, would offer less stability in the metal, or a number of other reasons. Of course, he bitches about fasteners. But all that does is make it clear that he never has to factor in servicing and re-assembly after that.

I hope others don't mind me posting these here. Personally, I find the details fascinating.
How do you remove the back seats?

RW Journey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford MME FE
Country flag
Thank you Munro for not treating us like kids and opening with "Hello Boys and Girls" in this video!

OlyPen

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E Premium Extended
Country flag
I'm guessing it doesn't invove "snaps" or Sandy would have an on-screen woody!
A car completely engineered by Sandy would cost $10 to build out of a single cast piece of magnesium covered with a single moulded plastic fascia pushed into place with 157 snaps, but cost $5,000 each time it needed to be serviced for any reason. LOL

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
A car completely engineered by Sandy would cost $10 to build out of a single cast piece of magnesium covered with a single moulded plastic fascia pushed into place with 157 snaps, but cost $5,000 each time it needed to be serviced for any reason. LOL
Ford Mustang Mach-E Next Munro Mach-E Teardown: Back Seats Removed - Analyzing Rear Interior a245e4f8b745850ac63152cecb0987d1

balthisar

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Expedition; 2021 Mach E Premium AWD Extended
Occupation
Engineer@FoMoCo
Country flag
I recognize the name of the store, but what's up with the price sticker? The 34th of December, 1987? And with the 1987 exchange rates, the old Mexican peso (MXP) was still $100 US for the asking price!

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
I recognize the name of the store, but what's up with the price sticker? The 34th of December, 1987? And with the 1987 exchange rates, the old Mexican peso (MXP) was still $100 US for the asking price!
I have no answers. Found it on the internet.
Sponsored