NH State Inspection

Zordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWS EXT, CX-5
Country flag
Any recommendations on getting a state inspection for NH?

It seems a lot of dealerships have like 1 guy that works on Mach-e and scheduling is a nightmare
Sponsored

bshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E 4X (Job 1)
Country flag
Any recommendations on getting a state inspection for NH?

It seems a lot of dealerships have like 1 guy that works on Mach-e and scheduling is a nightmare
Can't you just take it anywhere that does state inspections? I don't think it has to be someone who is familiar with Mach-e, or even electric vehicles to generate a passing report for your Mach-E.
It will definitely pass whatever emissions check/tests that NH wants to be performed, lol.

OP
OP

Zordude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWS EXT, CX-5
Country flag
Can't you just take it anywhere that does state inspections? I don't think it has to be someone who is familiar with Mach-e, or even electric vehicles to generate a passing report for your Mach-E.
It will definitely pass whatever emissions check/tests that NH wants to be performed, lol.
I've had several reputable dealerships tell me they can't do it, and I'm not brave enough to just drive it up to a Valvoline or Munro :D

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Is there a Berlin City near you? They do free state inspections for any car in Vermont and NH. I've been taking all my cars there for years for inspections since it's free.

nhdave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, Ram 1500
Country flag
Grappone in Concord NH has one guy that works on Mach-E but I wouldn't think they need him for an inspection. (He's pretty good on working out Mach-E problems all the way up to replacing the battery).

Tawna

First Name
Tawna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Mach E premium
Country flag
Grappone in Concord NH has one guy that works on Mach-E but I wouldn't think they need him for an inspection. (He's pretty good on working out Mach-E problems all the way up to replacing the battery).
Good to know. That's where mine is coming from.

Its_my_wifes_car

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 - Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Ours is coming through from Irwin in Laconia - and it was my plan to do all service and inspections there as I have with all my past and current vehicles. Actually I do 95% of my vehicle stuff at their QuickLane and I'd imagine even an EV won't be an issue (but I will always remind them to follow Ford guidelines for putting the vehicle on the lift - that's my biggest concern). Like other posts I'm not sure why this vehicle would be any different from an inspection standpoint - if anything it's easier (no emissions, no exhaust system that could be rusted out, etc).

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
For my own edification, could I ask for details regarding the difficulty around the inspection for the MME. Some states, like CA, do not have state inspections, but we do have emissions testing for ICE vehicles. I do know what a state inspection is, since my wife used to live in NY. How does the MME or a BEV complicate that inspection? Appreciate the input so I can learn. Who knows, I may (hopefully) move out of Kalifornia and go somewhere else.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
For my own edification, could I ask for details regarding the difficulty around the inspection for the MME. Some states, like CA, do not have state inspections, but we do have emissions testing for ICE vehicles. I do know what a state inspection is, since my wife used to live in NY. How does the MME or a BEV complicate that inspection? Appreciate the input so I can learn. Who knows, I may (hopefully) move out of Kalifornia and go somewhere else.
7 years of EV driving and inspections, its a breeze, just like a gas car but less components to inspect. Lights, brakes, tires, that is about it, usually in and out in 5min with a chuckle from the guy "what I am supposed to inspect, its an EV..."
Sponsored