2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
I honestly don't know if the Mach-e's sunroof is nearly identical to the M3 or whether it filters out more UV light, heat, etc. I live in a relatively cool part of Hawaii so the heat issues aren't anywhere near as bad as south Florida, Texas, Phoenix etc. I personally like the looks of the roof and will likely get a cover ala the M3 for it at some point.

Something similar to this:

https://www.tesmanian.com/products/ford-mustang-mach-e-glass-roof-sunshade

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Good article. He doesn't mention that the Tesla UI takes about 2.5 minutes to boot up... that's why the car stays awake so long, or wakes every time you check it. Nobodys want to get in their car and wait 3 minutes for it to "boot up" before you can drive it.
Did not know that. Wow. Honestly though, I have done very little research regarding Teslas. I think all except the Model S are ugly as can be. And the Model S is starting to show a dated body design IMO. So it's not terribly surprising I didn't know that.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Naturally all the specs on the ford site have gone awol and since been replaced with coming soon for the GT, but it always used to state two options for the seats standard black onxy and the black with w/miko inserts and copper stitching.

If I was guessing I suspect the later will come only with sport seats so an option / standard with the gt performance. The seats in the configurator have similar shape to the Recaros found in the focus ST/RS with the same adjustable headrest while the blue GT that has been doing the rounds since the reveal has a fixed headrest so at this point in time who knows what will be in the GT. Still a long time to go until the GT is finalized when questions in regards to what will be the performance edition can finally be answered.

The one recent change I did not like seeing on the configurator was it mentioning a manual passenger seat. Ford pulled that bean counter BS on both my Focus ST/RS over here replacing the powered passenger seat that the European models got with a manual seat :(, however that has thankfully since been updated to state 8-way powered driver and 8-way powered passenger :)

Once thing I will be keeping an eye on is to see if the European versions get the outer flush 'Wall-e' head rests to go along with the center one as is normal. I really detest the giant rear visibility blockers that we get over here in the USA :(
The manual seats are NOT a "bean-counter BS" move...they're a means to improve performance. I ordered my RS with manual seats and no sunroof for the same reason...to save weight. American cars are known in Europe for being over-accessorized, fat pigboats. Adding motors to a seat adds about 35 pounds (I think?). No motors in the seats saves roughly 70 pounds of unnecessary weight. To quote Lotus's Colin Chapman, "To add performance, add lightness".

Mark Kaufman (Team Edison founding member) told me that "we're working like crazy to lower the weight on the Mach-E GT". THAT'S why the GT comes with no overhead sunroof (an add-on option), and no motors in the optional Performance seats. There's no "Ford Performance & Cushy Ride Division" for a reason.

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag

ARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
If I could have deleted the sunroof from my premium, I would have. I plan to put in place some sort of interior sunshade that’s unobtrusive and can remain there indefinitely - I think/hope such things exist, especially after reading that article.
Sponsored