Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I really wonder what the others are waiting on.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pb...rump-emission-standards-fight-with-california

Nissan pulls out of Trump emission standards fight with California
By — Associated Press
Economy Dec 4, 2020 3:20 PM EST

DETROIT (AP) — Nissan said Friday that it will no longer support the Trump administration in its legal fight to end California's ability to set its own auto-pollution and gas-mileage standards.
The announcement is another sign that a coalition of automakers backing the outgoing administration could fall apart. General Motors ended its support for the Trump administration's battle with California on emissions standards last week.

Nissan said it's pulling out because of confidence that discussions between the industry, California and the administration of President-elect Joe Biden can develop one national standard.

GM and Nissan were part of a coalition of 13 automakers that joined the Trump administration's legal fight. Nissan's departure leaves Toyota, Fiat Chrysler, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Isuzu, Suzuki, Maserati, McLaren, Aston-Martin and Ferrari in the coalition.
Sponsored

FredT

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Passat Wagon
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pb...rump-emission-standards-fight-with-california

By — Associated Press

DETROIT (AP) — Nissan said Friday that it will no longer support the Trump administration in its legal fight to end California's ability to set its own auto-pollution and gas-mileage standards.
The announcement is another sign that a coalition of automakers backing the outgoing administration could fall apart. General Motors ended its support for the Trump administration's battle with California on emissions standards last week.

Nissan said it's pulling out because of confidence that discussions between the industry, California and the administration of President-elect Joe Biden can develop one national standard.

GM and Nissan were part of a coalition of 13 automakers that joined the Trump administration's legal fight. Nissan's departure leaves Toyota, Fiat Chrysler, Hyundai, Kia, Subaru, Isuzu, Suzuki, Maserati, McLaren, Aston-Martin and Ferrari in the coalition.
I am shocked by the list of automakers in the coalition! I guess I wasn't paying attention and focussed on the big three of GM, Toyota, and Fiat Chrysler. The others will fade away soon enough by default.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag

By — Associated Press

With GM and Nissan out the only big players left are Toyota and Hyundia/Kia - they will back out too soon - rest are really smaller volume players

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
it's funny to see this... it's like "hey now that Trump lost the election let's stop playing pussyfoot with him"

what a stupid, avoidable mess.

UW2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E FE
Country flag
It makes no difference to me now. I knew whom I would not be buying my next car from the moment they signed up to support the litigation against California.
Another reason to buy Ford, which stuck with the California standards while GM backed the dilution
Sponsored