Nit Picky Complaint but still... My hands are FREEZING!

melissphillips

First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E
Country flag
Is anyone else frustrated with the size and range of direction (or lack of it) with the air vents on the dashboard. The vents are super small and located right in front of your hands on the steering wheel which causes a super narrow jets of cold air to flow from the air conditioner and points it right on your hands and face.

I know, I said nit picky but still. It's so annoying. I didn't realize how much until I drove a friends SUV this weekend that had nice big vents centered in the dashboard with tons of range for pointing the air in different directions enabling the vehicle to be quickly cooled without freezing the driver or passenger.

Ford Engineers.. do better. We believe in you.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silentmache

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select AWD
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Country flag
I whole heartedly agree. Cant help noticing my self move my face over a few inches to the right to get some air when its hot out.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Yes, poorly designed. I end up with frozen hands and a hot head

Krimpy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e EXT AWD Space White, 2016 Mazda CX-5
Occupation
Realtor
Country flag
I don’t think you are nit picking. This car for most is an everyday driver in multiple climates. At times it feels like ford built this car for the ideal environment with little regard for what people are looking for in a vehicle. The lack of sun shade for the glass roof is ridiculous as well as the tiny vents and I can barely feel the floor vents as well. I am now researching the best options for that as in the winter in Wisconsin the Glass is freezing and the summer like today when it’s 90 the car heats up so fast it’s insane. I have been letting the car run when I go into a store. I just make sure it is locked. That has made a huge difference as you are not constantly trying to pull the heat out of the car.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
While I have only had my MME a couple of weeks, I have learned to adjust the output of the tiny vents to suit my needs. I like just enough air to know its working but my wife needs full blast arctic!🥶

Tony
Sponsored