Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did.

JTMACHEGT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT PE
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
So in short, I was going to replace my 21 Mach E GT PE with a 23 with the Nite Pony wheels..

For those unfamiliar, the only thing that package changes on the GT is the wheels. The badges are already black.

So I have worked with some guys at "Alloy Wheel Repair" for many years. They actually specialize repairing wheels if you curb them, right on the car. They also specialize in complete wheel remanufacturing. So lets say you want metallic red wheels or something. They can strip them, and powder coat them just about any color or style you want. I think the company is based in Atlanta, but the local one I work with is here on the North side of Indianapolis.

Peter Runs the Indy one. I wanted to share this with all, because they do great work and as you see below, they converted a second set of wheels for me in black gloss powder coat.

Here is their number - (317) 845-9535 and website - awrswheelrepair.com

You will need to get some replacement Black Mustang center caps, but they are cheap.

Here is a set on Ebay for $25, but you can also reference the part number and order them at Ford for probably $15-20 each.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1660493198...yJCwMy0FH-L1z_9rcaL9vq6qLXEsNkBpthfuWpHYwvbXs

I actually think the powder coated finish that they did (which powder coat is more ceramic and baked on) is far superior to the finish on the Ford wheels anyway. In comparing the Ford finish, I believe it is merely a paint and clear coat. They also don't always finish the INNER side of the wheels in black. These are black powder coated ALL OVER. I think the powder coat is easier to clean as well (sort of like a non stick coating on a frying pan). They also give you a lifetime warranty on the finish. Again, better than the OEM wheel with 3/36.

I know you guys are going to ask the cost.. I think, it was either $150 a wheel, $175 a wheel or $200 a wheel. I can't remember exactly, but lets just say between $600 and $800 for the full set. Just call them to get a quote. I think some exotic colors/finishes are more anyway and if you have damage, it may be a little more for that. However, generally speaking though, since the Nite Pony Package is $800 anyway, its no more expensive.

They remove the tire, refinish the wheel and remount and balance the tire in ALL at that price.

Now, they can also repair the wheel first. So if there is curb damage, or whatever. They can fix all that too.

(By the way, I am in NO WAY affiliated with them. I just wanted to share my experience and help some fellow Mach E owners who want to customize their wheels.)

So here are some before and after photos-

Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r1
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r2
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r3
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r4
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r5
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r6
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r7
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r8
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. r9

Last edited:

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Did mine in black last year. Agree the coating is way better than the OEM paint. I just used black plastidip on the center caps to black out the chrome pony. $10 for a can at AutoZone and no need to replace parts
Ford Mustang Mach-E Nite Pony Wheels for your 21 - 23 Mach E? Do it yourself.. I did. IMG_1311

BlackOnGray

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 DMG MME AWD
Country flag
Had my premium wheels powder coated gloss black by Alloy Wheel Repair of St. Louis. Couldn’t be happier with the results! Seems very durable. Cost sounds accurate. I live almost an hour from them so paid the extra convenience fee to have them Jack up the car in my garage evening before, powder coat wheels overnight, then return and reinstall wheels at my home the following afternoon. $800 total cost.

Moxiemoney

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Looks fantastic, and so much more badass IMO. I also like the lugs in black. I hadn't seen it on the red, and think it looks really nice.

I couldn't find the nite pony package on my premium, so I did the entire wheels myself with plastidip and 2k gloss, and my calipers in red while wheels were off. Less than $50 total and can't tell from factory black, although certainly not as durable as powder coat.

sci_goat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2023 Rte1 Grabber Blue
Country flag
Any chance the 2k gloss makes the plastidip any more durable?

How durable is the plastidip on calipers? It seems like they have too many moving parts for the dip to endure.
Sponsored