John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Stinger GT2, 17 Vanderhall. 08 Sport Trac Adren
Occupation
Retired teacher
Country flag
I emailed the NJ MVC and asked if we need stickers in the windshield. In my area I often see side of the road inspections where police pull over cars with overdue stickers. This was the second response since the first response to my question simply told me we don't need inspections (which I already knew). I am now waiting for a response as to how to get that letter.

Ford Mustang Mach-E NJ inspection question to MVC Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.01.31 PM
Sponsored

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag
I emailed the NJ MVC and asked if we need stickers in the windshield. In my area I often see side of the road inspections where police pull over cars with overdue stickers. This was the second response since the first response to my question simply told me we don't need inspections (which I already knew). I am now waiting for a response as to how to get that letter.

Ford Mustang Mach-E NJ inspection question to MVC Screen Shot 2021-06-15 at 12.01.31 PM
If you don't need inspections, why would you need an inspection sticker?

I asked my dealer not to put an inspection sticker on. He acknowledged it wasn't needed but they put an inspection sticker on anyway because they're on autopilot with that. We scraped it off and I used a little olive oil to clean the area up.

I am not worried about the police pulling me over for no inspection sticker on a vehicle that is exempt from inspection.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
If you don't need inspections, why would you need an inspection sticker?

I asked my dealer not to put an inspection sticker on. He acknowledged it wasn't needed but they put an inspection sticker on anyway because they're on autopilot with that. We scraped it off and I used a little olive oil to clean the area up.

I am not worried about the police pulling me over for no inspection sticker on a vehicle that is exempt from inspection.
Yup the police are aware, zero emissions = zero, no sticker needed.

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag
if you look at all the Tesla's in the state, none of them have the stickers either. Inspections have become more about emissions than safety items ie brakes, lights, etc
'

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
if you look at all the Tesla's in the state, none of them have the stickers either. Inspections have become more about emissions than safety items ie brakes, lights, etc
'
There were lots of Nissan Leafs before Tesla became the go to EV. It’s not an issue at all, EV = no sticker needed.

shadowsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium AWD + Ext Range
Country flag
I went to the NJ MVC last month to get an exemption letter, certificate, etc. They told me I didn't need anything so I just left. I really hope I don't get pulled over for anything

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I went to the NJ MVC last month to get an exemption letter, certificate, etc. They told me I didn't need anything so I just left. I really hope I don't get pulled over for anything
If you're that worried about it, print out the page on the website highlighting that ZEVs don't need it. FWIW when my registration got to my dealer there was an inspection sticker also (standard procedure I guess) so I just threw it in my glovebox.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Country flag
No worries, can’t be pulled over for it. EV’a have been exempt for over 10 years, this is not a new law or exemption.

Have been driving an EV in NJ since 2018, never had an issue or met another EV owner with one.

Maybe call your local police department and ask them if you will get pulled over.
Sponsored