Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Hi folks, I’m new here, I thought this might be an issue some NJ residents face, but did not find any discussion about it.
I’m interested in a premium AWD with extended range, but adding these two options gives an MSRP of $55,300, exceeding the limit for NJ state credit (55000). I suppos dealers could customize a build with msrp below the limit, but the one whom I called said no. Appreciate if you could share your experience on this. Thanks!
Sponsored

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The dealer cannot change the MSRP - the MSRP comes from the window sticker so there is nothing that can be done, unfortunately.

Ford screwed new jerseyans when they changed the handsfree driving package from optional to standard but raised the price by $600. If you want the $2000 from the state you need to get EITHER the AWD or the ER battery.

@Ford Motor Company you should really try to address this in the 2022 model year

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
Nope. Limits are set in stone by NJ. As far as I know, exceed $55k and you get nothing. Been there, done that. I was in the prior program and the new one is even more restrictive (something like a $2k - $5k point-of-sale deduction), but it comes down to the Ford MSRP (minus any Delivery / Destination charges). Dealer can't change anything to affect MSRP (other than sell you a less expensive build).

Unless things have changed... but I don't think so - so take my comments with the proverbial grain of salt.

SoriceConsulting

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sorice.com
Vehicles
2023 GTPE, Rapid Red
Occupation
IT Consultant
Country flag
timbop beat me to it! I think our answers both confirm though that you need to read and STRICTLY follow the NJ rebate guidelines. Whether they are fair or sensible is another discussion... :^)

OP
OP

Fighton

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Thanks a lot timbop and SoriceConsulting. I was hoping the dealers could remove some options that are less critical or something that I can add on later, but I guess Ford does not allow that and we have to pick from AWD or ER.
Sponsored