Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition
Occupation
Electrician
Country flag
Geez Louise I see now I have falling into a rabbit hole with this thread...
Again my point is not having to buy two sets of tires in the first place, we the customer should have this one very important option. It is too late for me and anyone else until Ford makes it an option. I speak now for the future Mach E GT PE customer.
You did have the very important option to not buy it if you were unhappy with the options available… ?‍♂
Sponsored

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
To your point though, @Eugene , they definitely could have made it an option. Like others said, with an asterisk that 3.5 with the performance tires, 3.7 or whatever with the all-season.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Because all season tires do just fine in the winter snow and ice. Ford puts them on the Mach E GT, but doesn't give the option with the GTPE. I'm not looking for a remedy, damage is done. Again my point is having the option to order a vehicle with the tires I want.
In my view, Ford never should have put all-seasons on the standard GT.

I hear what you're saying and all-seasons can be good in the winter...it's just hard to find a good one that will compete with the best dedicated winter tires in the very bad weather. Most winters will turn and stop much better than most all-season tires. I also got by for many years with all-seasons year-round...but once I went with some studless (X-Ice, Blizzak, etc) snow tires, I'll likely never go back to all-season.

machefan2022

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E CalRt1
Country flag
Again like others here you have missed my point, I am not saying MagnaRide should be offered on lower models. I am saying that the GTPE should have "one" very important option, not "many", and that one option is to order it with all season tires.
I think you are mistaken, although you can't order the vehicle with this configuration and all season tires it is a $1200 option with your dealer.

Arjan

First Name
Arjan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Performance
Country flag
In europe there is only one GT option and that is the performance edition. The "normal" edition isn't available here. So i can't check of they are delivered with allseasons

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
Seriously...
Maybe you should read this entire thread before responding. By the way I don't need a second set of proprietary tires, all season tires do just fine in the snow.
Actually, I did read through the thread. But, I was responding to your post with responses to the particular whines you have. I would ask you why you purchased a car with summer-only tires or didn't you read the specs and Ford's marketing before you spent the money?

Let me repeat the question I asked: where did you throw away the perfectly good summer-only tires? That is what you said you did.....

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I life in California so the only thing I didn't like about getting summer tires (never had them before, always had all-seasons), was that I read they degrade faster. In use, they're just way freakin' louder than my Premium AWD Extended's all-seasons. The road noise drives me pretty crazy. The Premium was so quiet.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
So what I'm hearing from most of you all is "performance" vehicles should only run on summer/warm weather tires because "performance" means sticking to the road at the fastest speeds possible. Question; so why can't that same logic apply in colder weather and snow. For me the term "performance" means getting the best out of a vehicle under all conditions.
Simply stated, your interpretation isn’t in line with the industry standard definition. You are seeking a “winter performance” type option. Which exists at Tire Rack, Discount Tire et al.

I still agree with your point about standalone option for MagneRide dampers though - I bet it happens eventually.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I life in California so the only thing I didn't like about getting summer tires (never had them before, always had all-seasons), was that I read they degrade faster. In use, they're just way freakin' louder than my Premium AWD Extended's all-seasons. The road noise drives me pretty crazy. The Premium was so quiet.
Yeah, coming out of the toll plaza west-bound on the San Mateo-Hayward bridge, the tires are punishingly loud. ?‍♂??

OP
OP
Eugene

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
You did have the very important option to not buy it if you were unhappy with the options available… ?‍♂
No because I would be unhappier if I bought a Mach E without the MagnaRide. I have a legitimate gripe and had filed my grievances with Ford. This is more of a disappointment with Ford, as it could of been an avoidable expense if Ford listened to it's customers in the first place. The MagnaRide suspension is superior to the stock, this just means I get to unnecessarily pay $1,800. more for it in tire replacement.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Eugene

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
Simply stated, your interpretation isn’t in line with the industry standard definition. You are seeking a “winter performance” type option. Which exists at Tire Rack, Discount Tire et al.

I still agree with your point about standalone option for MagneRide dampers though - I bet it happens eventually.
I am seeking an "all season" option, which is an industry standard for most vehicles.

Pushrods&Capacitors

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 4X, ‘14 SS Sedan tuned, ‘17 WRX tuned
Occupation
Analyst
Country flag
I am seeking an "all season" option, which is an industry standard for most vehicles.
Again, “most” vehicles is not “pinnacle of performance”, which is what the GTPE is currently in the MME model line. Well, except for 1/4 mile trap speed ?.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
No because I would be unhappier if I bought a Mach E without the MagnaRide. I have a legitimate gripe and had filed my grievances with Ford. This is more of a disappointment with Ford, as it could of been an avoidable expense if Ford listened to it's customers in the first place. The MagnaRide suspension is superior to the stock, this just means I get to unnecessarily pay $1,800. more for it in tire replacement.
Again, you don’t have to pay $1800 more.

You can sell the summer tires or sell the stock tires and rims.

You are just complaining for the sake of complaining at this point. You’re acting like a victim and like you don’t have a choice or something.

The solution is one of the above things.

People that complain about other options that Ford doesn’t allow (like metal roof with 360/Bluecruise) actually have something to complain about, because there is NO solution for them.

For you? You can get the model you want with the tires you want. Just not directly from Ford.

RosarioM

First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e GT
Country flag
Almost all high performance vehicles come with summer tires. Car enthusiast understand and appreciate this. It's best for most enthusiasts to just buy an additional set of winter performance tires. This will allow the owner to extract the best performance from their vehicle during all 4 seasons.

IMO, the performance edition simply won't perform as expected on a set of all season tires. All season tires should be called no season tires because, to most enthusiasts, they're a joke 24/7/365
While I agree with this in general, you have to agree that the MME is not exactly built for performance. If it was it would not have 4 doors, a huge trunk and weight so much.
Actually if they really cared about performance so much how about getting rid of the dreaded 5 second limit or the gray bars? What enthusiast wants a 120 mph limit on their performance car? Summer tires don’t do squat when a Tesla blows past you because of these limits.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
While I agree with this in general, you have to agree that the MME is not exactly built for performance. If it was it would not have 4 doors, a huge trunk and weight so much.
Actually if they really cared about performance so much how about getting rid of the dreaded 5 second limit or the gray bars? What enthusiast wants a 120 mph limit on their performance car? Summer tires don’t do squat when a Tesla blows past you because of these limits.
Point taken on the 5 seconds, but STRONGLY disagree that it wasn’t “built for performance.”

Let’s compare it to an ICE Mustang GT for example:

Faster 0-60 than any Mustang GT ever built.

Better braking than almost every Mustang GT ever built (60-0 in 106 ft).

Better handling than almost every Mustang GT ever built (.99 G).

And all this from a 5000 lb SUV.

It was definitely built for performance, and those stats wouldn’t happen on crappy tires.
Sponsored