Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag
I can't disagree with you there. I don't see a problem with them offering both options (edit: of course I don't expect them to have all the options available at first-year launch. Heck, I couldn't even get Active 360 without the Pano roof, which you could get on the base GT. I'm more upset about that than I would be about a tire option, as I wanted the steel roof. At least one can be changed pretty easily afterwards, and one cannot be at all. :-( ). I prefer it coming with summer tires. Of course it helps with the 0-60 times, and it also accounts for the 10 mile loss in range.

I can absolutely see why people like all season tires. I always get rid of my all season tires right away and buy dedicated summer and dedicated winters for my cars. I buy dedicated winters for my wife's vehicle, but put all season on for the other 3 seasons for her.
Just other unnecessary added expense we the consumer must eat. Well I for one would like to drive my car more than 4 months out of the year, so I'll be buying all-season tires come this fall.
Sponsored

Awmustang

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Ecoboost Performance Pack, Ordered 24 i4 xDrive
Country flag
As others have said, Ford has a history of providing only Summer tires on their performance packages. It's true with the ICE Mustang, it's true on the Edge ST. There are probably other examples but those are the ones I'm personally familiar with. The point of the performance package is to get the most performance out of the vehicle while still being able to warranty it for 3 years. That can only happen with Summer tires.
Ford has said that the only reason they can tune the motors for more torque is because of the tires. The extra torque overwhelms all-season tires and thus there would be no net increase in acceleration.... perhaps it might actually end up being slower since traction control will likely cut power too much.
It seems to me that what you really want (and I believe you've mentioned something to this effect already) is a standard GT with Magnaride.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
As others have said, Ford has a history of providing only Summer tires on their performance packages. It's true with the ICE Mustang, it's true on the Edge ST. There are probably other examples but those are the ones I'm personally familiar with. The point of the performance package is to get the most performance out of the vehicle while still being able to warranty it for 3 years. That can only happen with Summer tires.
Ford has said that the only reason they can tune the motors for more torque is because of the tires. The extra torque overwhelms all-season tires and thus there would be no net increase in acceleration.... perhaps it might actually end up being slower since traction control will likely cut power too much.
It seems to me that what you really want (and I believe you've mentioned something to this effect already) is a standard GT with Magnaride.
RIght....and those options will likely open up...eventually, just like in other model lines.

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
The way I see it is you get to go point 2 seconds faster 0-60 with P Zero than with all-season tires. That said I'd rather not have to buy extra tires and rims and change them out twice a year just because I live in the other half of the country where everyone else uses all-season tires. Food for thought, what if there are 2 identical Mach E GTPE, one with P Zero tires and the other one with high performance all-season tires. It is 20 degrees Fahrenheit with dry pavement, which one wins the race?
I have to ask, is this your first “performance” type vehicle?

Just a suggestion, research tire technology a bit. It’s not only about accelerating .2 sec faster. It’s more importantly about steering, braking and cornering. My summer only and winter only tires will outperform all-season tires in 95% of circumstances.There may be that 5% where the temps are 47-52 deg during city driving where the all-season may work better because the conditions are on the edge of the performance range for the other two sets. So before you spend big money on these great Ultra Performance All-Season you are so fond of, consider winter only tires.

Pirelli has been making tires forever, so here is a good read to help your research:
https://press.pirelli.com/pirelli-winter-or-all-season-tyres-a-users-guide/

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Just other unnecessary added expense we the consumer must eat. Well I for one would like to drive my car more than 4 months out of the year, so I'll be buying all-season tires come this fall.
Did you consider a winter coat an “unnecessary expense” when you moved to the cold?

You seem to be unable to move past this whole all season tire thing.

harrysiii

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GTPE DMG; '18 Pacifica Limited
Country flag
Did you consider a winter coat an “unnecessary expense” when you moved to the cold?

Nah, he just wants the option. Options are good, I can't disagree. :) All the points for and against have definitely been made in this thread, however. haha

OP
OP
Eugene

Eugene

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE
Country flag

You obviously live in a one season state, so your opinion is worthless.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Looks like Ford listened for the 2023 models.

All seasons are optional on the GTPE now
Ford Mustang Mach-E No all season tire option with GT performance edition IMG_8472

• Wow
Reactions: ARK

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Smart, I'd have been more inclined to consider gtpe if I knew I wouldn't have immediately needed to buy new tires. (Even though I still immediately bought new wheels and tires for my GT 😂)
Sponsored