PPT Ranger

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Jeep Wrangeler Rubicon, 4.5" lift on 37's
Country flag
So I've had my MME for just over a month. And really, no issues other than a few hiccups. Until tonight...

So I went to dinner after work. When I got in to drive home I had no audio. No radio, no navigation, no phone, no verbal commands. The warning chimes (startup, proximity, on/off etc) still sounded. But nothing from the audio. When I went to turn up the volume the volume bar did not appear when I spun the dial. I tried the Sync reset (vol down + right seek for 10 sec) and nothing changed. Is there something stupid that I might be missing? It worked fine on my way to the restaurant.

The only other issue I have is the driver door not unlocking when I walk up with my phone or FOB. I have to either unlock or open another door first then it works. But I read on other posts that this can be fixed with a software upgrade from the dealer. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm more concerned about the audio right now.
Sponsored

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
So I've had my MME for just over a month. And really, no issues other than a few hiccups. Until tonight...

So I went to dinner after work. When I got in to drive home I had no audio. No radio, no navigation, no phone, no verbal commands. The warning chimes (startup, proximity, on/off etc) still sounded. But nothing from the audio. When I went to turn up the volume the volume bar did not appear when I spun the dial. I tried the Sync reset (vol down + right seek for 10 sec) and nothing changed. Is there something stupid that I might be missing? It worked fine on my way to the restaurant.

The only other issue I have is the driver door not unlocking when I walk up with my phone or FOB. I have to either unlock or open another door first then it works. But I read on other posts that this can be fixed with a software upgrade from the dealer. Just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm more concerned about the audio right now.
I've run into the audio issue a few times. It's actually an easy fix.

1. Press and hold volume down on the steering wheel.
2. Press and hold the both the forward and back buttons right next to the volume button on the steering wheel. (I think only one of these buttons needs to be held down but I never remember so I do both)
3. Wait about 10 seconds and Sync will reboot.
4. Problem should be solved when the reboot finishes.

You can do this while driving too, it won't interrupt anything related to driving the car.

Hope that helps.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I've run into the audio issue a few times. It's actually an easy fix.

1. Press and hold volume down on the steering wheel.
2. Press and hold the both the forward and back buttons right next to the volume button on the steering wheel. (I think only one of these buttons needs to be held down but I never remember so I do both)
3. Wait about 10 seconds and Sync will reboot.
4. Problem should be solved when the reboot finishes.

You can do this while driving too, it won't interrupt anything related to driving the car.

Hope that helps.
To reset the center display ("SYNC"), hold these two steering wheel controls for several seconds: volume down, seek forward (aka "next track").

AEtherScythe

First Name
Leon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-E, Ford Escape Hybrid
Occupation
Sr. IT/Product Architect; Enterprise and Cloud Manageability Engineering
Country flag
Our audio died last night and rebooting the SYNC system wasn't enough.
Read about pulling the amplifier fuse.
Found an easier way. Made a video of that, over here:

How to Power-Cycle MME Electronics via Frunk Fuse "Hack" (e.g. reset non-working audio/amplifier).

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag

How to Power-Cycle MME Electronics via Frunk Fuse "Hack" (e.g. reset non-working audio/amplifier).
Excellent. Thanks for posting that. Answered a few questions for me.

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag

Leon, you're a constant source of excellent information. Thank you.

medicnj

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge, Ford Mach E Star White
Occupation
EMT
Country flag

Thank you, I had the same issue after 4 months, and I pulled the panels and and reset and it worked. thanks thanks thanks

Hplbiking

First Name
Hugo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Emgineer
Country flag

Sorry this is not an easy fix. Simple sure, but a hassle to remove the cover over the battery without losing the tabs.

Lord Polymath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Sienna, '22 Mach-E Premium ER AWD (PWRPONY)
Occupation
Computer nerd
Country flag
Sorry this is not an easy fix. Simple sure, but a hassle to remove the cover over the battery without losing the tabs.
Don't have a MME yet so I can't look, but is the amplifier in an easier to access location? Doubtful, but if it is, maybe one could just unplug the power cable from it rather than going to the fuses in the frunk.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Don't have a MME yet so I can't look, but is the amplifier in an easier to access location? Doubtful, but if it is, maybe one could just unplug the power cable from it rather than going to the fuses in the frunk.
Not really, the DSP module is on the right side of the trunk behind the C-pillar trim panel. Either way you're popping panels to get to power.
Sponsored