No charging network found?

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
I’ve had my car for a week now and absolutely love it. I’ve been fortunate to date (fingers crossed it continues) that there have been no issues with the car that others have experienced. The one hiccup is that I can’t get the FordPass Charging Network or plug and charge to work. Everything else works with FordPass just fine. PAAK has been great. Setting up departure and charge times all work. I’ve had no problems charging the car at home or at free chargers. I tried to charge at an EA charger to see if I could get plug and charge to work. No dice. I was able to get it to work using my own credit card just not FordPass. I tried doing the reset, uninstall FordPass and re-add the car. No change. I did sign up through the website and do have an account with the complementary charge access connected services. It just won’t link what is on the web account with my FordPass app account it seems. Anyone else have this problem? Have a good fix? Will try and call customer service later today but thought I’d ask the hive mind first. Thanks.
Ford Mustang Mach-E No charging network found? D9BD841E-F057-4C23-9191-C322776D28CA
Sponsored

SteelMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Ford.com/connected services shows you have an active kWh credit balance?

Did you get an email from Ford confirming you placed the "order" for the trial, and a second email confirming it activated successfully?

OP
OP

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Ford.com/connected services shows you have an active kWh credit balance?

Did you get an email from Ford confirming you placed the "order" for the trial, and a second email confirming it activated successfully?
Yes to both. I see the balance in my connected services section on my account online.

Metal_Horses

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 GTPE, 2022 Bronco 2D SAS, 1985.5 Mustang SVO
Country flag
Same thing happened to me today, my first attempt at a DCFC.

Called Ford, but that department is only in Monday-Friday.

Called EA and she showed me where I need to set the "Charge and go" parameter. It was off. Turned it in but still didn't recognize the 250kWh balance.

I swiped my credit card and it charged.

I'm going on my first trip tomorrow so at least I know I can charge, but at the high price.

So I set up the EA app and loaded a credit card for tomorrow.

Interesting that EA said my VIN was invalid so I had to manually enter year, make and model.

EA person said the dealer has a code so EA can link link to the Fordpass balance, but my dealer knew nothing about that.

Any thoughts on what I can do other than wait for Monday?

OP
OP

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Same thing happened to me today, my first attempt at a DCFC.

Called Ford, but that department is only in Monday-Friday.

Called EA and she showed me where I need to set the "Charge and go" parameter. It was off. Turned it in but still didn't recognize the 250kWh balance.

I swiped my credit card and it charged.

I'm going on my first trip tomorrow so at least I know I can charge, but at the high price.

So I set up the EA app and loaded a credit card for tomorrow.

Interesting that EA said my VIN was invalid so I had to manually enter year, make and model.

EA person said the dealer has a code so EA can link link to the Fordpass balance, but my dealer knew nothing about that.

Any thoughts on what I can do other than wait for Monday?
Could you share where the EA rep told you to activate charge and go? It was that in the FordPass?

OP
OP

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
In Fordpass: Vehicle (at the bottom) --> Manage EV --> Plug & Charge

Ford Mustang Mach-E No charging network found? Screenshot_20210306-181221
Thanks. I can’t even get that far. I get the error in my original post when I try and click the public charging services menu on the vehicle options. Oh well. Customer service call on Monday in my future. It will get worked out or I’ll just use my own card at EA Chargers.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
Thanks. I can’t even get that far. I get the error in my original post when I try and click the public charging services menu on the vehicle options. Oh well. Customer service call on Monday in my future. It will get worked out or I’ll just use my own card at EA Chargers.
Good luck with that customer service call, you’ll need it. I've had my car for a month and 6 calls to Ford support have gotten me nowhere. Everyone I've dealt with doesn't have the slightest clue how to get my connected services and charging network up and running. I also opened two cases with them over two weeks ago, and have heard nothing but crickets.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I’ve had my car for a week now and absolutely love it. I’ve been fortunate to date (fingers crossed it continues) that there have been no issues with the car that others have experienced. The one hiccup is that I can’t get the FordPass Charging Network or plug and charge to work. Everything else works with FordPass just fine. PAAK has been great. Setting up departure and charge times all work. I’ve had no problems charging the car at home or at free chargers. I tried to charge at an EA charger to see if I could get plug and charge to work. No dice. I was able to get it to work using my own credit card just not FordPass. I tried doing the reset, uninstall FordPass and re-add the car. No change. I did sign up through the website and do have an account with the complementary charge access connected services. It just won’t link what is on the web account with my FordPass app account it seems. Anyone else have this problem? Have a good fix? Will try and call customer service later today but thought I’d ask the hive mind first. Thanks.
Ford Mustang Mach-E No charging network found? Screenshot_20210306-181221
Check the credit cards you have added to the Ford Wallet.

Darken

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Prius Prime, 2021 Mach-E Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
Good luck with that customer service call, you’ll need it. I've had my car for a month and 6 calls to Ford support have gotten me nowhere. Everyone I've dealt with doesn't have the slightest clue how to get my connected services and charging network up and running. I also opened two cases with them over two weeks ago, and have heard nothing but crickets.
Your not alone sadly...I've called multiple times and the 'guides' have been absolutely clueless. I could even hear the one actually turning pages in the background, mumbling about which questions to ask me. :rolleyes: I have zero confidence my ticket was actually entered into the system. They were more concerned about getting good customer service scores then actually solving my problem.

My issue is I cannot activate the Ford Pass Charging network, when I go to Ford.com/connected services it says there are no connected services and to try again later. I know others on this forum have had the same issue and it's been solved, but I'll be damned if I can find the tech who knows how to fix it. My cars modem works fine otherwise so it's something on Ford's end that needs corrected, but the staff is completely untrained on the vehicle so it's like banging your head against the wall talking to them.

PCPilot

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, FE
Country flag
Your not alone sadly...I've called multiple times and the 'guides' have been absolutely clueless. I could even hear the one actually turning pages in the background, mumbling about which questions to ask me. :rolleyes: I have zero confidence my ticket was actually entered into the system. They were more concerned about getting good customer service scores then actually solving my problem.

My issue is I cannot activate the Ford Pass Charging network, when I go to Ford.com/connected services it says there are no connected services and to try again later. I know others on this forum have had the same issue and it's been solved, but I'll be damned if I can find the tech who knows how to fix it. My cars modem works fine otherwise so it's something on Ford's end that needs corrected, but the staff is completely untrained on the vehicle so it's like banging your head against the wall talking to them.
That's the exact same issue I'm having. If I knew Ford's support would be THIS bad, that might've swayed me toward a Tesla.

OP
OP

Quack2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Energi
Country flag
Thanks for some of the tips. Happy to report that after a second uninstall and reset on the FordPass App that everything appears to be in order. Will try later this week to initiate a plug and charge session at an EA stop to confirm but it looks like I’ve avoided having to call customer service for now. Good to to those that are still having issues.