Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Mustang, 2023 Mach E Premium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I don't understand why that would be something the auto manufacturer would need to tell you.
Sponsored

shanky2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustand Mach E
Occupation
Devops Engineer
While ordering they did not mention the material of the battery so i am not sure.

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME Select AWD Rapid Red Metallic (03/10/23)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Because I made my order decision on range and cold weather performance. I'm expecting a 30% - 40% performance hit in cold weather. The only thing I'm unsure of is the LFP's cold weather performance. If its close to the NMC battery packs I wouldn't care.

shanky2008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2023 Mustand Mach E
Occupation
Devops Engineer
Because I made my order decision on range and cold weather performance. I'm expecting a 30% - 40% performance hit in cold weather. The only thing I'm unsure of is the LFP's cold weather performance. If its close to the NMC battery packs I wouldn't care.
https://www.thedrive.com/news/ford-...-battery-tech-in-2023-f-150-lightning-in-2024

As per this article the LPF battery will come to MME at end of 2023 , so probably 2024 model year. Also i think it will be option where LPF battery will be cheaper.

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My main concern was having Ford switch my order to the new LFP battery pack without informing me. I’m currently content with my order the way it’s configured.

There’s a lot of miss information and speculation on LFP batteries and Ford’s switch to them. Some were saying the LFP switch would start this spring, that article states end of the year. Until Ford makes an official announcement everyone is guessing. Hopefully that author has some insight. Surely, I know nothing.

Always looking for information and insight. What’s the final LFP specs and Ford’s implementation plan? What’s the new range? Will they add a heat pump? How will they deal with the added weight? Are the newer LFP battery versions better dealing with the cold weather… etc. So many unanswered questions.

Right now, I would not be comfortable with them switching my order to the new LFP battery packs.

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Last Friday was 45 days from my order date. I receive the following boiler plate Email from my dealership blaming supply chain issues for delays. Its says nothing about production shutdown.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No Ford Mustang Mach-E Production In Mexico For January 2023 Email

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I still don't understand how people that ordered in 2023 are already getting build dates. I ordered 3/10/22 and finally got a build date for 3/6/23.
Whoa!

That's longer than my April 2022 order!

At least my '23 was built on 12/9/22 and now sitting in Mexico as of 12/22/22.

If Ford is keeping it there, would they just change out my SR battery pack to the new upcoming LFP ?

Living in a warm climate, LFP are the best choice, especially for me since I charge all my EVs to 100% at home (L2).

Don't need to worry about a heat pump or other cold weather additions....

maktas1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus Electric
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My main concern was having Ford switch my order to the new LFP battery pack without informing me. I’m currently content with my order the way it’s configured.

There’s a lot of miss information and speculation on LFP batteries and Ford’s switch to them. Some were saying the LFP switch would start this spring, that article states end of the year. Until Ford makes an official announcement everyone is guessing. Hopefully that author has some insight. Surely, I know nothing.

Always looking for information and insight. What’s the final LFP specs and Ford’s implementation plan? What’s the new range? Will they add a heat pump? How will they deal with the added weight? Are the newer LFP battery versions better dealing with the cold weather… etc. So many unanswered questions.

Right now, I would not be comfortable with them switching my order to the new LFP battery packs.

Chances are it will be LFP as they are retooling for capacity and probably building LFP vehicles starting late spring.

eleven24

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT
Country flag
Last Friday was 45 days from my order date. I receive the following boiler plate Email from my dealership blaming supply chain issues for delays. Its says nothing about production shutdown.

Ford Mustang Mach-E No Ford Mustang Mach-E Production In Mexico For January 2023 Email
While I have not yet received the 45 day email regarding my MME (just ordered Feb 6) I've received several for two Transit E350 work trucks I ordered in January 2022. Almost 15 months later and neither of them have a scheduled production date.

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
While I have not yet received the 45 day email regarding my MME (just ordered Feb 6) I've received several for two Transit E350 work trucks I ordered in January 2022. Almost 15 months later and neither of them have a scheduled production date.
Wow ... 15 months and you're still waiting! How can Ford justify making you wait that long!

That better not happen with my MME order!

OP
OP
worachj

worachj

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Looks like I have an answer to the LFP battery switch over. Seem like we will have a option to choose which battery pack we will want! YEA!!!

Looks like I'm happy with the order I have placed!

https://insideevs.com/news/653690/ford-mustang-mach-e-will-get-lfp-batteries-this-year-in-europe/

The new LFP battery chemistry won't replace the nickel cobalt manganese (NCM) chemistry as both will be offered in parallel. Ford says this will allow customers to choose an EV "with unique battery performance characteristics most aligned with their needs."

maktas1973

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Focus Electric
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Last edited:

ArthurDOB

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium AWD STD Range (Delivered 5/22/23)
Occupation
High School Teacher
Country flag
Looks like I have an answer to the LFP battery switch over. Seem like we will have a option to choose which battery pack we will want! YEA!!!

Looks like I'm happy with the order I have placed!

https://insideevs.com/news/653690/ford-mustang-mach-e-will-get-lfp-batteries-this-year-in-europe/
I'm in MN, too, but I am hoping to find out the cold weather specs on the latest LFPs before being asked to make a choice. Not sure how that's going to work, anyway (being asked). Will they contact me before my 4/17 Build Week and ask? Will there be any specs out before then? There are things to like and dislike about both battery types, but I would hope that there will be complete, accurate information upon which to base a decision before being asked to decide.
Sponsored